Author Topic: Stranglish ???  (Read 3439 times)

Offline boothill

Stranglish ???
« on: July 26, 2011, 05:37:57 PM »
BBC Wiltshire 16.12  Tuesday 26/07/2011

Radio interview with Rodders re the Honda wind turbine debacle....

" yeah...well let's not forget that Honda is the MOST BIGGEST (?) employer in this area "

Proof positive that you can put a bow tie on a warthog...but it's still a warthog in the final analysis !

OK Rodders  3/10   see Annie after school !
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:23:05 PM by boothill »

Old people believe everything...middle aged people suspect everything...young people know everything    3 2 1 back in the room !

Offline Muggins

Re: Stranglish ???
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »
Someone, I thought it was Perky, was on this mornring saying that Honda would pull out of Swindon if they didn't get their turbines.

Oh yes? Pull the other one. The cost of moving would pay for any extra electricity for some years to come.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 07:05:17 PM »
Well there's been rumours of Honda wishing to pull out of Swindon and invest in Turkey, I don't know if its true or not but its what I've heard anyway.

Honda wouldn't pull out over Turbines, the only they'd pull out over is production expenses E.G the amount of tax they'd be paying and part transportation costs.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 07:16:16 PM »
Someone, I thought it was Perky, was on this mornring saying that Honda would pull out of Swindon if they didn't get their turbines.

Oh yes? Pull the other one. The cost of moving would pay for any extra electricity for some years to come.

Unlikely that they'd move but not impossible.

It comes down to money, if the government of another country is prepared to stump-up enough cash to pay towards a new factory and infrastructure. Coupled with lower wages could make it tempting. Something like what happened with LG in the 90's where the Welsh gave a load of money to LG to build a factory in Newport (I'd half forgotten until someone here mentioned it the other day).

As Mellon says if the Turks have deep pockets to go with their low wages...

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »
An "Entrepreneur" would look at the possible spin off opportunities created by Honda moving to Turkey,......... "Rikki's Sushi Kebab Stall"..........Plus Turkey is close to and"administers", it's annexed Northern Cyprus territory. Which happens to be where Rikki's mate, Dennis Grant, has a nice £300,000 villa that's gonna be empty for 2 years and 2 months.
What's it all about?

Ringer

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 08:00:55 PM »
Honda would produce cars in Timbukto if there was more profit in it, please don't think otherwise, they are a capitalist business not a public service. I think it is very simple, if it suits them to stay then they will.

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:36:35 PM »
Honda would produce cars in Timbukto if there was more profit in it, please don't think otherwise, they are a capitalist business not a public service. I think it is very simple, if it suits them to stay then they will.

I don't think anyones mistaking Honda for a public service with the exception Of Rod Bluh who by the looks of the first post is claiming that Hondas factory in Swindon is his from his doing?

However Honda is not the beginning or the maker of swindon, Honda makes its money from the logistics side of the company, the cars are cheap to produce (as most of the cars nowadays are made from old cars eg chassis, engine and all the other parts) and if the cars are cheap to produce then why don't they build all the parts here?....its because they couldn't put a high enough mark up on the final product to line their coffers with!

Honda will dissapear from Swindon in the next ten years or pull its major manufacturing lines out of swindon and bugger off elsewhere
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Des Moffatt

• Hello !
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »
Food for thought
About 10 years ago HONDA decided that two stroke engines were dirty and bad for the environment and the company stopped making two stroke engines. No great fanfare or whinging, they just did it.
That was not a particulary good commercial decision at the time, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha filled the gap. Now they are all on the HONDA agenda.
There is no way that HONDA would threaten to leave Swindon because they did not get permission for their turbines. You can be absolutely certain however that HONDA having taken the decision to seek to be energy neutral will follow that objective where ever it takes them and if that means somewhere other than in Swindon that’s what will happen in the fullness of time. They will not complain or appeal, they will just do it.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 11:28:15 PM »
Yeah, but the possibility might be more remoterer if Rodders kept his oar out.

Wonder what Rodders is Swindon's most biggerest?

Mind you, 'spect The Rikkster could teach them a thing or two about, well, everything, he certainly inscrutable, or do I mean slippery? Mebbe's he could give them a few tips to help their fledgling business realise it's true potential, a revolutionary engine that relies on internal combustion maybe.........

Honda could buy and sell what's left of Swindon several times over, maybe literally, like to see someone who can tread that line between obseqious and dignified a bit more adeptly being responsible for utterances with an audience of more than one.

Give them their turbines, just don't let them turn them on. They'll produce as much electric as a real one then.

Do Honda make turbines but not solar panels?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 07:54:53 AM »
There is no way that HONDA would threaten to leave Swindon because they did not get permission for their turbines. You can be absolutely certain however that HONDA having taken the decision to seek to be energy neutral will follow that objective where ever it takes them and if that means somewhere other than in Swindon that’s what will happen in the fullness of time. They will not complain or appeal, they will just do it.

Remember when BMW bought Rover from Vickers quietly and without involving Honda?  The BMW directors went all the way to Japan in the belief they could continue the co operation deal struck with Rover to be ever so politely ignored.  As Des says they do what they do quietly and the first you know about any changes in their involvement in Swindon is when they do them.

So beware Rod, don't make any loss of Honda your real legacy and

did I hear that just before the election last year that Anne Snelgrove, quietly and without fanfare, negotiated a further deal with Honda to guarantee their future here for the next few years at least?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group