Author Topic: Lights going out in Swindon  (Read 11966 times)

Offline itspavagain

• Hello !
Re: Lights going out in Swindon
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 12:08:34 PM »
Oh well, it wasn't a bad idea (IMHO) but it did seem like an enormous piece of work just to save £20k.

I'd like to know how much the council spend each year on mobile phones.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
Or Bottled water there are still gallons of it in the civic despite the reassurances given at the October budget meeting.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Muggins

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 03:35:43 PM »
Was there a huge outcry about the lights being switched off, have I missed something? 

Or did the Police or some 'body' not consulted before find out and object?

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »

Saw the aftermath of quite a nasty collision on the (unlit) approach to the Oasis roundabout at 05.00hrs on Saturday morning.  Several police cars and recovery truck in attendance.

I have no idea as the cause(s) of the crash, just commenting that there was one.

Someone recently published the Swindon KSI (Killed & Seriously Injured) figures for the last couple of years - I don't think it was on TS but would be grateful if anyone could point me to them :)

Offline Muggins

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2011, 06:51:19 PM »
Was it dark, Geoff?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
Was it dark, Geoff?

It was still 'night' dark when I passed by, not even 'pre-dawn' light in the sky. 

As the recovery vehicles were in attendance at this point the accident probably happened quite a while before hand.