Author Topic: Cllr Perkins shouts out million quid wifi rescue package is right here right now  (Read 23986 times)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
Is this perhaps the Bluhligans trying to pass off a £1 Million investment of superfast exchanges by Talk Talk as an investment into the WiFi scheme.

First there was the accidental director.

Second there was the accidental award

And now the accidental investor?

I don't think it matters too much....well not to Swindon Conservatives. Emma Faramazi has been very quiet on the subject of the Wifiasco.....(Maybe the EDA is just too much of a good thing to pass up as 12,500 homes was 'disgusting' but 7,500 is acceptable....cHarmed anyone)

I'm not surprised at the behaviour shown by the Swindon Con-Servatives (Still surprised the Lib Dems are being very quiet as the Cons lose favour) judging on a national level...the conservatives are lying, cheating, scheming and totally inept cucumbers (or incumbents depending on your view) it holds no surprises when we come across yet another failed promise of better things.

Ton Blair started the Boom, Gordon Brown apparently abolished the boom and bust and finally Rod Bluh is going for broke. 
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Ringer

Mellon

Nicely put, is it a case of 3 accidents and you are out?

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
Mellon

nope i think the Swindon Con-servatives have 9 lives of the aristocratic fat-cats as long as they follow the Con-servative way of drawing down funds from central and Lord Ashcroft. I think theyll need to be careful because someone will want their money back if they dont play ball  :azn:
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
Mellon

nope i think the Swindon Con-servatives have 9 lives of the aristocratic fat-cats as long as they follow the Con-servative way of drawing down funds from central and Lord Ashcroft. I think theyll need to be careful because someone will want their money back if they dont play ball  :azn:

I think you miss one more very important point about the Tory’s electoral success in Swindon.

The lack of a credible opposition aka Swindon Labour or Swindon Lib Dems.

Sorry to say that there are still far to many Muppets in the Swindon Labour Group who have long outlived their public credibility and some of the rhetoric from the new bunch doesn’t stand up to closer examinaton, in fact they’re oft left very wanting. It didn’t help either that within weeks of hailing Walcot’s historic victory their new shining light was suspended (and still is) from the party.

Doesn’t give the electorate the greatest confidence in what sort of council they’ll get if they vote Labour to oust the Tories.

As for the Lib Dems, their local and national credibility has been severely tarnished by their national position of propping up the Tories in government regardless of the fact that they were in a very tenuous situation whichever way they went post the 2010 General Elections. They’ve rarely been a large party locally and slowly slipped into only holding seats in their Eastcott stronghold.  With such a small number on the council its hard for the Lib Dems to make an impact that matters to people in Swindon. They don’t have the street or financial resources of either the Tories or Labour and scuttlebutt is that their numbers could possibly be further reduced later this year.  :wink:

I can only see things getting worse as voters use government unpopularity to punish the local politicians, although sadly I don’t see this impacting enough on the Tories in the 2012 all outs to make a significant difference to the council administration post May next year.

Ringer

scuttlebutt is that their numbers could possibly be further reduced later this year.  :wink:
:fish: now what does that mean?  :wink:

I am sure that Cllr Perkins and Cllr Bluh will not appreciate any distraction from the big wifi rescue package announcement when it is made. So I hope they will hold off on whatever it is until the wifi rescue package announcement jubilation  had died down  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline mikbrains

• Hello !
Mellon

I think you miss one more very important point about the Tory’s electoral success in Swindon.

The lack of a credible opposition aka Swindon Labour or Swindon Lib Dems.

Sorry to say that there are still far to many Muppets in the Swindon Labour Group who have long outlived their public credibility and some of the rhetoric from the new bunch doesn’t stand up to closer examinaton, in fact they’re oft left very wanting. It didn’t help either that within weeks of hailing Walcot’s historic victory their new shining light was suspended (and still is) from the party.

Doesn’t give the electorate the greatest confidence in what sort of council they’ll get if they vote Labour to oust the Tories.

As for the Lib Dems, their local and national credibility has been severely tarnished by their national position of propping up the Tories in government regardless of the fact that they were in a very tenuous situation whichever way they went post the 2010 General Elections. They’ve rarely been a large party locally and slowly slipped into only holding seats in their Eastcott stronghold.  With such a small number on the council its hard for the Lib Dems to make an impact that matters to people in Swindon. They don’t have the street or financial resources of either the Tories or Labour and scuttlebutt is that their numbers could possibly be further reduced later this year.  :wink:

I can only see things getting worse as voters use government unpopularity to punish the local politicians, although sadly I don’t see this impacting enough on the Tories in the 2012 all outs to make a significant difference to the council administration post May next year.
No News about the Councillor the Labour Party is investigating? Now I would have thought
expediency in that matter was vital?
Let us all work for a better Swindon.

Offline Richard Symonds

In view of the tangible failure of Digital City as a business and the Deputy Leader of the Council, a Director of said Company, not apparently having knowledge of its financial details, is it fit and proper for Rikki Hunt to be Chairman of the Swindon Strategic Economic Partnership and therefore being in a position to Represent Swindon?

If I were in the Labour Party I would demand a debate on this very important subject and they do not appear to have done so?

Is this the reason why they are in opposition?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
http://www.ssep.org.uk/

The SSEP is currently undergoing some exciting changes. We are working on a new website to reflect this. If you would like to be alerted when this is live and/or speak to us regarding the SSEP, please Get in touch

Oh no!...."exciting changes". :D

As Richard said, how can Labour, or anyone else for that matter, allow Rikki to continue representing Swindon. (And how much does he get paid?)
What's it all about?

Offline Richard Symonds

As Richard said, how can Labour, or anyone else for that matter, allow Rikki to continue representing Swindon. (And how much does he get paid?)

This question should be asked but is he a fit and proper person to represent us in the first place in view of the farce that is Digital City.

Carry on Regardless!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Drone

The SSEP is currently undergoing some exciting changes. We are working on a new website to reflect this. If you would like to be alerted when this is live and/or speak to us regarding the SSEP, please Get in touch

How about we all send green-biro letters to the SSEP demanding to know when the new website is launched. Extra points if your letter gets you a restraining order.

Even if you removed the wi_fi debacle, what business successes does Hunt have to his name? He wasn't fit and proper for Wi-Fi, he certainly isn't fit and proper for SSEP.

Offline MsD Meanor

• Hello !

How about we all send green-biro letters to the SSEP demanding to know when the new website is launched. Extra points if your letter gets you a restraining order.

Even if you removed the wi_fi debacle, what business successes does Hunt have to his name? He wasn't fit and proper for Wi-Fi, he certainly isn't fit and proper for SSEP.

:agreed:
It seems that this is a good time to ask difficult questions of people who have been  spinning news in their favour for so long.

Substance versus appearance- the truth is coming out everywhere- no longer can the likes of Rikki hide behind words- there has to be something tangible and real to make anyone "fit and proper" for any job.

Friends and nepotism are no basis for any position of any authority now. These old ways are crumbling in front of our eyes.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
Mrs Outoftowner only allows me crayons Drone. Will a letter in green crayon do?
What's it all about?

Ringer

Is cllr Perkins responsible for paying staff? I only  ask the company he is a director of has not made an interest payment on its loan since October.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/9146160.Care_staff_fume_after_pay_mix_up/

The first two comments are interesting as wifi gets everywhere.
trustnopolitician, swindon says...
1:15pm Tue 19 Jul 11

Did the staff expect anything different when Rod and his cronies are in charge of our cash locally.

Only need to look at Wi Fi and regeneration to know the level of incompetence this Council demonstrates”

Report this post »?? Register/Log In »

itsamess, swindon says...
4:29pm Tue 19 Jul 11

Very much like the transfer of the Councils sourcing out of adult care which has resulted in many elderly being stuck in hospital due to the lack of carers in the community since the council passed it over to agencies. itsamess says its a mess.

If this is true then the NHS must be cash rich and not cash strapped as is their usual tale of woe?

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
What is appalling is that Rikki (for free) Hunt claims to be the CEO of Digital City UK Limited on the SSEP website - has he no sense of shame at all?

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
Or he's just damn lazy for not getting his status updated, but then again he could be tired from stashing the business plan ontop of everest!

Drone

You could hardly expect a cutting edge IT comnpany to have an up to date, flashy website, and for its (ex) CEO to be fully conversant with social media...

No wait. Yes you could.

Even by the website alone, DC always looked amateur

that stuff on the care staff... very worrying.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
And so are the "Cardio" & "Avidity Consulting" web sites.

If you want a look at how to misuse English, look at the "Aqovia" website. It's a collection of words, not all of them from the Oxford English dictionary, used in random order.

You have to be able to recognise Bulls*t when you see it...someting that many (I didn't say "all" Steve!) people fail to be able to do.
What's it all about?

Ringer

What I have learned from the Tories Ersatz reign is that there is a set of Wizardly words that they can use they think that these either cast a spell on the people scrutinising them, or turns them into a frog.

This potion of words can be used like this a few will momentarily blunt your opponent, whilst they pause to interpret what you said (if at all)

Using more will save you from political  :embarassed: again this is not for eternity

Using all of them will save you from being found head first in the political sh1te

Using them all, all the time has a mirror effect like the sorcerer's apprentice ........ only instead of drowning you commit political suicide, and are seen to be floating off  in a political cess pool of your own making.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Ringer

Rural broadband prices to fall as of com announces cuts. Did this happen because of competition from Swindon Wifi rescue package deal?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14215501

Offline boothill

Temporary park to be built on waste land   

Travellers see Gazza for tickets

Coun Perkins said the idea was only decided a couple of weeks ago, and did not need to go through council or cabinet approval. ( no change there then )

The council has raised £130,000 ( where from we ask )

But meanwhile, other development which should have been started by now, remain moribund.

He said: “None of the Tarmac will be dug up. The soil is going on top, and the trees will be dropped into the soil. We don’t want to a concrete monolith of shops. We want some life. It helps it’s in Broadgreen, they don’t have anything green. ('cept some nasty STIs I hear)

It was supposed to be under way in early spring, but no work has yet begun. Coun Perkins said: “That will be starting shortly. The delay has been due to Network Rail’s contract people, even though we’ve put in 70 per cent of the money. That’s what’s so frustrating.

WTF have Network Rail got to do with Manchester Road, apart from being darned good customers I hear ?
Old people believe everything...middle aged people suspect everything...young people know everything    3 2 1 back in the room !