Author Topic: Cllr Perkins shouts out million quid wifi rescue package is right here right now  (Read 31142 times)

Drone

It is now 7 days since Perkins made the statement and approx 9 months since the loan payments were defaulted on approx 163 days since the cheque was in the post.  :popcorn:

And why? Public cynicism.

I'm thinking of possible excuses for Cllr Perkins. Delays caused by the council swapping their post to TNT? The Civic Offices losing their letter opener? A long queue in Natwest which meant they didn't have time to pay in the cheque? Not sure what to get Rikki Hunt asa thank you present (the cabinet torn between gift vouchers or a scented candle)? A miscommunication which meant the coucnil were in Costa Coffee at the Outlet Village and BT were at the Costa Coffee drive-thru? Key Wi-Fi information lost in a Himalayan snow drift?

Ringer

I don't know but it's been said, after a near melt down in Perkins majority shaw is looking to be a prime chicken for plucking. If the opposition work his area will it be goodbye or is he chicken running to old town as rumoured?

If he runs fast enough if he moves earlier enough will he be successful in taking the wifi effect in shaw with him?  :fish:

Drone very droll.  >:D

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
Mart.
Nonsense.
I bet you can thing like a twooper  :)
Proud to be gone

Ringer

I'm thinking of possible excuses for Cllr Perkins. Delays caused by the council swapping their post to TNT? The Civic Offices losing their letter opener? A long queue in Natwest which meant they didn't have time to pay in the cheque? Not sure what to get Rikki Hunt asa thank you present (the cabinet torn between gift vouchers or a scented candle)? A miscommunication which meant the coucnil were in Costa Coffee at the Outlet Village and BT were at the Costa Coffee drive-thru? Key Wi-Fi information lost in a Himalayan snow drift?

Cllr Perkins reminds me of Blair ........ who probably still believe's there are saddam weapons of mass destruction in Iraq  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Richard Symonds

Any news have we got our money back yet?  :fish:
you have got more chance of seeing me jog round West Swindon in a burberry thong carrying a bucket of ice cubes  >:D

Hey Chav Babe, don't forget The Bramptons on your jog  You are assured of a very warm welcome here as I am sure fellow resident Peter Mallinson would agree, but you will have to use his club pass to use the swimming pool as I cannot afford membership!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Steve Wakefield

In my opinion I think DES Moffatt as reported in the adver said it all succinctly a great comment that was the summation of the article.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline boothill

Cllr Perkins reminds me of Blair ........ who probably still believe's there are saddam weapons of mass destruction in Iraq  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

and Rodders might be ordering an invasion of M & S in Regent Street, as it has been reported that Summer Bed Linen is on the second floor !       ;D
Old people believe everything...middle aged people suspect everything...young people know everything    3 2 1 back in the room !

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
Summer Bed Linen

Very Good Boothill!! :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
What's it all about?

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Nonsense.
I bet you can thing like a twooper

No, but apparently I hum. Specially when it's warm.

I cannot think of a world class player who would willingly get involved in Wi Fi as imagined by the legendary triumvirate and their assorted hangers on, nor it's related muppetry, the idea ain't original and the execution so far has rendered the concept pretty bloody toxic, half the million would have to go on PR repair work and the other half to plug the gaping aperture left by the unrestrained vibrate function of the last scotes vision.

It's a bit like Panzers rocking up at the Polish border and stating 'Nah, honestly, it's just a bit of friendly liberation and we're sure we've got it right this time, him at the back, no, no, he wasn't here last time, all new team of enlightened sorts this time'. There's a nice balanced metaphor thingy, or analogy...... synonym?

Unless you can give me what I've got for nothing and haven't taken 400 years of my creatively frozen Council Tax to pay for it I ain't really feckin interested.

The only way anyone is going to chuck any wedge in this lot's direction will be in exchange for our first born.

Mind you, unless he gets his bloody finger out.......

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Richard Symonds

For my part I cannot understand why Perkins or Bluh could believe there is any chance of a positive outcome as the day for Wi-fi as conceived in 2009 has passed.

BT have already made considerable advances in coverage on their own account so why would someone bother to duplicate this service and additionally pay the Council for the privilege?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
Any news have we got our money back yet?  :fish:
you have got more chance of seeing me jog round West Swindon in a burberry thong carrying a bucket of ice cubes  >:D

Hey Chav Babe, don't forget The Bramptons on your jog  You are assured of a very warm welcome here as I am sure fellow resident Peter Mallinson would agree, but you will have to use his club pass to use the swimming pool as I cannot afford membership!!
Hey Richie babes, I wouldnt need a pass to get into the pool  :wink:
They don't call m me the burberry ninja for nothing - I would slip in. There without being seen lol
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Drone

Rikki lives!

Back to normality today. Since returning from Everest I have been busy recovering  and moving house. i have done some work but not much and I did go to Brookdale primary school to see all the children who were following my blog and posted some lovely comments. I had a great afternoon and was impressed by their enthusiasm and knowledge.

So my official first day back at work began with a c4 mile run at 7am and preparation for a meeting in Reading to talk LEP’s (how exciting). I will this week bring the blog right up to date adding final thoughts and of course photographs. For now heres one of me beginning the North Col section

http://rikkihunt.com/everest/?p=1060

Offline Richard Symonds

No mention of Wi-fi then Drone?

Drone

Nope. Funny that...

It's all about 'Local Enterprise Partnerships'. Actually, when I typed 'LEP Reading' into google, it offered links to Berkshire's finest lap dancing clubs.  :o

Drone

And he's posted a video to a Billy Bragg video. Hmmm..

Ringer

In my opinion this is all getting to sound a bit like BB, day 146 in solving the Wifi rescue package mystery and the Conservatives are  still having some difficulty with this task!

Drone

Would Cllr Perkins come to the diary room, please?

Ringer

Drone

:2funny: very good but he survived the vote in May.

Offline Muggins

Yeh, Ringer, just like some of the worst contestants on BB survived the weekly vote - at least the viewers were actually engaged with and watching the programme and contestants, however the voters in his ward ?????????? are they paying attention???
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline boothill

Yeh, Ringer, just like some of the worst contestants on BB survived the weekly vote - at least the viewers were actually engaged with and watching the programme and contestants, however the voters in his ward ?????????? are they paying attention???

and more to the point, where would they have to go to watch him sleeping ...euclid towers perhaps ?
Old people believe everything...middle aged people suspect everything...young people know everything    3 2 1 back in the room !