Author Topic: Resident Parking spaces in Walcot- how to stop the public from using them!  (Read 3051 times)

Offline kittyjo

• Hello !
I'm writing on here with the hope of something good is going to come out of it.

I moved in to some new flats in swindon and they are above some shops so the parking is 1 large car park but with spaces that are signposted for Residents Only.

The problem is I find I constantly come home from a long day at work to find someone else in my space or delivery drivers or taxi men blocking them.

I've contacted people at the council but I feel it's just all being ignored and all I get from people (when I ask them to move) is nothing but abuse.
I'm sick to death of it!
I pay a good chunk of money each month for that parking space and yet ever since I've moved here all I've had is abuse and stress.

The council have promised to number the bays but its still not been done yet and they even say they will get a chain to go across the parking area but STILL nothing is done!

How long must I put up with this?
All my neighbours are fed up as well.
Can we not just get it sorted ourselves and send the council the bill?

Sorry for the rant. I really am at the end of my tether now and I'm  scared sooner or later someone is going to get violent at me.
A woman today said she was going to punch me in the face.
Hope someone out there can help
:-(

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Bloody good luck with that.

I'm an Old Town veteran which is how I ended up here, there's a rich vein of information locked away in these pages if you can find it, I can't promise there aren't a few rants though.

Don't think Old Town is entirely sorted, mebbe's you could link up and launch another assault against the useless robbing pirate bastards council.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

Could you speak to your councillor?  Do you get a residents pass confirming that your car is entitiled to park in that space.? 

From what I understand if you are paying for your parking space you are entitled to the same enforcement as residents in old town and elsewhere get ie parking inspectors who fine people who do not display a valid badge.

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Offline MsD Meanor

• Hello !
Maybe have a friendly work with a parking attendant?

They're like rottweilers  round Old Town- if they think they can get a few tickets issued- they'll be lurking around your place all day until it gets a reputation which will keep the interlopers out.

I would also write to my local councillor - and maybe get your neighbours to do the same.

Good luck. 

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
Maybe have a friendly work with a parking attendant?

They're like rottweilers  round Old Town- if they think they can get a few tickets issued- they'll be lurking around your place all day until it gets a reputation which will keep the interlopers out.

I would also write to my local councillor - and maybe get your neighbours to do the same.

Good luck.

That's well worth trying.  I've heard tales of that actually working.