Author Topic: Is Final Chapter In wi-fi 'Saga' Near?  (Read 253558 times)

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
Re: Is Final Chapter In wi-fi 'Saga' Near?
« Reply #1160 on: March 31, 2013, 07:55:21 PM »
Report Imminent I am told, so who will join me at Scrutiny to see it presented?

If I recall correctly from the recent Opening and Closing schools report at the CYPOS committee, Cllr Moffatt made reference to the fact that the borough solicitor's services were not required in the production of the WiFi report...

Could be an interesting evening... 15th April is it?
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #1161 on: April 06, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »

No Agenda available at this time, just checked, but I expect it to be the 15th unless, as they promised, the 'report' will be presented at a special meeting, which was originally scheduled for January!!  Still it may be worth the wait, after all it failed in 2010, only three years ago.

Mind you I am sure every means will be used to minimize notice for this presentation. 

If it has been as vigorous as I am lead to believe it could be very interesting and a must to attend.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline jennyb

• Kareen
« Reply #1162 on: April 13, 2013, 11:14:54 PM »

No Agenda available at this time, just checked, but I expect it to be the 15th unless, as they promised, the 'report' will be presented at a special meeting, which was originally scheduled for January!!  Still it may be worth the wait, after all it failed in 2010, only three years ago.

Mind you I am sure every means will be used to minimize notice for this presentation. 

If it has been as vigorous as I am lead to believe it could be very interesting and a must to attend.

From what I can see there is no reference to a 'report' on wifi on the Scrutiny Committee Agenda for 15/4/2013.

When and where is this report supposed to be presented ?

What role has is or will the Office of Law and Democratic Services play in this?
It takes wisdom to know what you know and wisdom to know what you don't know and when to call in those who do. Often the people who do know will advise that evidence and research are very helpful when making decisions. Who knows it might even save a bit of money.

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #1163 on: April 15, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »
One wonders how the Council will spin the Rikki Hunt salary of £12,000 per month or  explain how they didn't know he was going to take a salary or worse that he took it from the word GO. Swindon Monopoly for Rikki was simply a case of 'Pass Go' and collect £12,000 per month without anyone asking any questions - that on top of his £2,000 per month for mentoring officers. Which incidentally had no measurable outcomes, relying simply on officer satisfaction. A cute way to earn £80,000.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #1164 on: April 16, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »
An unusual twist today. The main Companies House web-site still shows Digital City UK as having its 1st gazette in January so, normally,  the 2nd should follow this month and then the company will be struck-off.

If however you download the free "Current Appointments Report" it shows that "someone" has today filed the form to suspend this strike-off.

DATE           FORM                      DESCRIPTION
16/04/2013   DISS16(SOA      COMPULSORY STRIKE OFF SUSPENDED (DISS16(SOAS))
29/01/2013   GAZ1               FIRST GAZETTE

Could someone be trying to breath new life and some vibrancy into the old company or are they just putting it on a ventilator until after the elections?
What's it all about?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #1165 on: April 16, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
:popcorn:

Posted from Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2 App.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #1166 on: April 17, 2013, 09:15:46 AM »
An unusual twist today. The main Companies House web-site still shows Digital City UK as having its 1st gazette in January so, normally,  the 2nd should follow this month and then the company will be struck-off.

If however you download the free "Current Appointments Report" it shows that "someone" has today filed the form to suspend this strike-off.

DATE           FORM                      DESCRIPTION
16/04/2013   DISS16(SOA      COMPULSORY STRIKE OFF SUSPENDED (DISS16(SOAS))
29/01/2013   GAZ1               FIRST GAZETTE

Could someone be trying to breath new life and some vibrancy into the old company or are they just putting it on a ventilator until after the elections?

As there are no elections in Swindon this year OOT there will have to be more than one suspension!

and as for who would do this I wonder..............?

Wi-fi report to Scrutiny imminent but I hope it actually gets to the bottom of this issue and does not hold back on anything.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Muggins

« Reply #1167 on: April 17, 2013, 09:41:12 AM »
  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: 

HOPE REIGNS ETERNAL
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #1168 on: April 17, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
There are elections in Wiltshire and Gloucestershire though Richard and bad news, like Wi-Fi, spreads fast.

That Yellow Line story especially! :banana:

If it's not the elections and trying to keep bad news hidden why, I ask myself, has someone put off the eventual demise of Digital City (UK) Ltd?
What's it all about?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #1169 on: April 17, 2013, 12:50:44 PM »
There are elections in Wiltshire and Gloucestershire though Richard and bad news, like Wi-Fi, spreads fast.

That Yellow Line story especially! :banana:

If it's not the elections and trying to keep bad news hidden why, I ask myself, has someone put off the eventual demise of Digital City (UK) Ltd?

Hadn't appreciated the broader picture, but like you I wonder who would want to do this?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #1170 on: April 17, 2013, 09:48:55 PM »

Lamplighters report several senior conservatives as being 'smug' when asked about a publication date for the report.

One of them apparently suggested that the report would 'go through legal' before anyone had sight of it.

This tells me that there will be two reports. The first will be the unadulterated original and the one which is published will be the abridged version as approved by the borough solicitor after it has been written by someone under his control.

Don't hold your breath folks....

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #1171 on: April 19, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »

Lamplighters report several senior conservatives as being 'smug' when asked about a publication date for the report.

One of them apparently suggested that the report would 'go through legal' before anyone had sight of it.

This tells me that there will be two reports. The first will be the unadulterated original and the one which is published will be the abridged version as approved by the borough solicitor after it has been written by someone under his control.

Don't hold your breath folks....

Well if that is true it could be very unfortunate and have far reaching consequences.

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #1172 on: April 20, 2013, 09:14:46 AM »
That Yellow Line story especially

Wonderful 'Specsavers' ad in the local paper parodying this story

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #1173 on: April 20, 2013, 09:30:24 AM »

Almost sure to be the case. The one real hope is that Coun Des Moffat will not be cowed by political expediency and will rise to the occasion and demonstrate a high degree of moral fibre.

I think the reprt will provide some very uncomfortable reading for councillors and offciers alike.

One question to be asked might well be why no one bothered to clarify what was meant by the term 'Mr Hunt will be remunerated' and why no one appeared interested in defining what the amount of remuneration would be.

A second might be 'was Mr Hunt allowed to pay himself without reference to anyone else and did he pay himself for the first 3 months of DC setting up in Highworth?'

A third might be - if it only cost £25k to actually purchase and install the repeaters in Highworth - we know SCS got less than £10k - what happened to the other £100k ?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #1174 on: April 20, 2013, 09:50:39 AM »

Almost sure to be the case. The one real hope is that Coun Des Moffatt will not be cowed by political expediency and will rise to the occasion and demonstrate a high degree of moral fibre.

Both Councillors Moffat and Wright have a very high level of Moral Fibre and I am very confident that they will provide an honest and detailed assessment of exactly what happened with this £400,000 of Swindon Council Tax Payers money, without any outside interference.

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #1175 on: April 20, 2013, 11:04:23 AM »
I have only one thing to say on this  -  is final chapter in wifi saga almost  near  :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Spunkymonkey

• Hello !
« Reply #1176 on: April 20, 2013, 03:32:50 PM »
I have only one thing to say on this  -  is final chapter in wifi saga almost  near  :-\

Given that this topic started almost 2 years ago, I think it should be renamed 'Will the wi-fi saga ever end?'

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #1177 on: April 20, 2013, 09:33:17 PM »

Given that this topic started almost 2 years ago, I think it should be renamed 'Will the wi-fi saga ever end?'

Ha ha and my response, having started this thread, is it will end when we allow it to and that will be when it is exorcised by the truth being made available in its raw form.  Nothing less will be acceptable!

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #1178 on: April 20, 2013, 09:37:16 PM »
I remember a well known west swindon cllr suggesting 'it will all die down by xmas' (meaning the 'fuss' over wifi).....

....that was in November 2009 iirc :)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #1179 on: April 20, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »
I remember a well known west swindon cllr suggesting 'it will all die down by xmas' (meaning the 'fuss' over wifi).....

....that was in November 2009 iirc :)

and do they wish it would go away!!