Author Topic: Is Final Chapter In wi-fi 'Saga' Near?  (Read 231561 times)

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
Re: Is Final Chapter In wi-fi 'Saga' Near?
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2011, 10:01:45 AM »
I'm willing to bet that not one penny has been drawn in wages by senior staff at either Avoidity Consulting or Digital City.

As Digital City employed no staff, other than a secretary (for a short time) I think it fair to say that there have been no payments to 'senior staff'

Avidity Consultants likewise and of course with this company we will never know how it spent its money - wages would have been very unlikely. However, fees and other associated costs is a different matter.

The question which will not go away and will plague Coun Perkins 'til his dying day is this - What happened to the £250k given to his company in May?  Now he can fob off all questions relating to what DC did prior to March 2010 (his standard response is always 'I wasn't a director of the companY') but anything occurring after March 2010 is absolutely within his time as a director. The law is quite clear in that he is responsible to account for the money that was given to DC by SBC in May 2010. He will one day have to make up his mind on which side of the fence he sits - does he attempt to ignore the legitimate demands for disclosure and transparency on the basis that DC was a commercial entity or will he do the decent thing and reveal once and for all where the £250k went.

Let me help him out by telling hime where it couldn't have been spent and acknowledge it wasn't ever intened to be the total cost of the project.

1. On the Highworth leg of the project. In the note requesting the payment of tranche 2 there was no mention of the spend in Highworth being inadequtae to achieve launch. Indeed according to SBC and DC Highworth was complete.

2. It couldn't have been used on the Bathgate bid. The loan given to DC was 'to create a Wi-Fi network covering the Borough of Swindon' a very simple and straightforward statement of fact which even the most tortured brains at the Civic Offices would have difficulty translating into 'anything else'

3. It wasn't the whole amount to be spent.  A statement of the 'bleedin obvious' as the March 10 paper clearly states the loan was to fund a portion of the costs of development abd installation of the Wi-Fi network

Coun Perkins desire to keep secret the whereabouts of the £250k (the release of which was crucial to the continued roll out programme, which just happened to seize up 4 to 5 weeks after getting the £250k) is a political and commercial error.  Politically it suggests that Coun Perkins prefers the opaque ways of old, where politicians considered they knew best and did not have to demean themselves by being open, honest and truthful. Commercially, the reluctance to be transparent suggests there is something to hide and as such people like me will continue to chip away we get the answer to the question. So I hope Coun Perkins is in this for the 'long haul' becuase I am.

Offline ph1lc

• Hello !
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
Bravo Des! you are not the only one.

And where the feck are the DC accounts? Should have been at Companies House by 14th May.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »
I think, ph1lc, that accounts being late at Companies House is not unusual. Usually, if they are not filed after 3 months, a "Notice to Strike Off" the company from the register is issued, followed by a final "Strike Off" 3 months later if they are still not filed. So don't hold your breath.

However with Rikki out of the picture and Garry in denial, who is compiling the accounts? Anyone know an acountant who can cover up a £250,000 hole that appeared in a couple of months?
What's it all about?

Drone

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2011, 05:30:03 PM »
Who is actually responsible for the company? It must be Mrs H, who is keeping a very low profile.

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »
Who is actually responsible for the company?

Actually, it is one G Perkins esq of this parish, it comes with the territory when you are a diector.

Mrs Hunt has no association with DC other than a shareholder through Avidity Consulting. 

Currently all legal liability in respect of DC attaches to Coun Perkins.  Just hope he has deep pockets and that SBC resists any sense of moral obligation to assist him in any way whatsoever. After all SBC has absolutely no responsibility for the affairs of DC.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2011, 08:09:26 PM »
Gary can easily find the money if required. All he needs to do is sell a couple of his houses. On second thoughts perhaps Bluh and Martin might help him out by each selling one of theirs.
Bobby

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2011, 09:16:56 PM »
I take it then that Garry is now the sole Director?

So who is Secretary then?  The Legal Officer of the Company.

Has anyone got access to the Companies House Website?  I cannot afford the £10 fee.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline mikbrains

• Hello !
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »
Looks like everyone is going round like headless chickens :WTF:
Let us all work for a better Swindon.

Offline ph1lc

• Hello !
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2011, 11:14:38 PM »
Mustafa Arif (aQovia) is listed as a director as is Gary Perkins. Janes Secretarial Services are listed as Secretary.

Shareholders SBC 8, AQOVIA 7, and Avidity 5.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2011, 12:28:09 PM »
I read on Talkswindon the other day that Lamplighters is a left wing party political organ and is run by a member.

Of the Labour party.

Any information relating should be sent to, um.......

I don't think it matters but I is fick and naive.

You are anything but thick and naive and, if you and a couple of other members like yourself wanted to get together with a couple of the other admins and continue nurturing TS in my absence, I would happily give you the keys.... :)

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2011, 12:47:19 PM »
Quote from: Mart on June 03, 2011, 09:19:27 AM
I read on Talkswindon the other day that Lamplighters is a left wing party political organ and is run by a member.

Of the Labour party.

Any information relating should be sent to, um.......

I don't think it matters but I is fick and naive.

You are anything but thick and naive and, if you and a couple of other members like yourself wanted to get together with a couple of the other admins and continue nurturing TS in my absence, I would happily give you the keys....

Eh?  ???
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »
So Geoff's joined the Labour party. So what?
I imagine his brain still works in the same way and apart from confirming 20's worst fears, it means nothing.

To business:

The 60 day “confidentiality” period for the new company taking over the Wi-Fi project has now lasted 80 days. (Maybe this new company can’t afford a "Perkian" calendar?) :coffee:

Are SBC waiting for Rikki to come home to tell them what to say next? :coolsmiley:
What's it all about?

Offline swindoncentric

« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2011, 03:31:08 PM »
Don't forget, holding them to account (far, far after the event) just became a whole lot easier.

The Graham Mack Breakfast Show (the Swindon opt-out on BBC Wiltshire) has launched a podcast with the highlights from the show. The latest one has an interview with the Perkinator about the BHS store reopening and plenty of flannel-ing from him on regeneration.

You can download and keep these for as long as you want, giving more reason to "do what you say" as all Swindon residents desperately want their elected officials to aspire to.

"But in June 2011 didn't you say this on BBC Radio Councillor Hoping-You-Don't-Remember-Stuff?"

Drone

« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2011, 05:36:36 PM »
'Get Signal' haven't even Tweeted in 120 days...

They also list their company address as David Murray John tower, still.

Offline mikbrains

• Hello !
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2011, 06:15:50 PM »
It is never over until the fat lady sings..........she must be severely out of breath by now :clap:
Let us all work for a better Swindon.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2011, 06:19:25 PM »
Mustafa Arif (aQovia) is listed as a director as is Gary Perkins. Janes Secretarial Services are listed as Secretary.

Shareholders SBC 8, AQOVIA 7, and Avidity 5.

so SBC's shareholding is not worth */* as Aquovia and Avidity can out vote them.

Nice to know our money is safe  :hippy:
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Drone

« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2011, 07:16:16 AM »
And in such a vibrant, kick- ar*e enterprise. They have no news, the refuse to list company directors, no-one knows where they trade from...

Those magic beans better start growing soon, or I'll start to worry our money was given away unwisely.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2011, 11:23:26 PM »
Isn't it illegal not to advise Companies House of a change of Registered Office?

Offline Nadine Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2011, 02:00:49 PM »
Just had a look at the Companies House website -

Digital City are overdue filing their accounts - they were due on 14 May 2011

On 17 May 2011, Avidity Consulting filed their accounts for the time upto 31/12/2010 (Total Exemption Small)

They seem to like to keep people waiting. Doubt it has the level of detail that we would like.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2011, 04:33:39 PM »
Avidity’s 2010 accounts, filed at Companies House, were from 1st October 2009 to 31st December 2010.

Avidity have tangible assets of about £1,000 ( so a computer then?)

They are owed £26,306 due in the next 12 months of which it seems “£20,585 is from a Director’s overdrawn current account”

They are owed a debt of £1,527 plus £22,805 on loan, plus £1,213 in the bank.

All a bit odd to me but the upshot is that they have assets, less liabilities of £267.00

There is no sign of any Digital City money in these accounts. So the question remains: Where did the £400,000 go and more exactly where did the £250,000 go that Digital City got March 2010?
What's it all about?