Author Topic: Thousands of polling cards not yet delivered  (Read 2832 times)

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
Thousands of polling cards not yet delivered
« on: April 21, 2011, 04:20:34 PM »
According to the Adver:
SWINDON COUNCIL has apologised after tens of thousands of polling cards apparently went astray.

The council posted out polling cards at the end of March, for use in the upcoming May 5 elections.

But it has been receiving dozens of calls a day from residents complaining theirs have not arrived.

Full story available here:
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/8985939.Council_apologises_as_polling_cards_not_delivered/?ref=mr

Shenanigans? Incompetence? Both?

Offline Muggins

Re: Thousands of polling cards not yet delivered
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 04:31:49 PM »
Maybe something even sadder than that?   They probably made the person in charge of that redundant.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Drone

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 04:55:08 PM »
You can vote without them, though?
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Muggins

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 06:45:01 PM »
Yes, but it makes more work for the people in the polling stations.

Why do I get the feeling they would rather there wasn't an election at all.  Surely there are legal requirments about elections and do they get funds to help out?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
That's a point I haven't even had mine yet. I wonder who's fault it is...or was it deliberate? And secondly how do you lose thousands of polling cards? I've seen a 52 card deck on the floor and you can't exactly miss it.

I don't know, either way I'm still gonna vote. Little piece of card or not.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »

70,000 missing unprinted cards, and no one at SBC noticed anything wrong....   :2funny:

A shame Bluh and his chums don't spend more time progress chasing and less time circle-jerking over moody LGA awards for 'innovation'.

#FAIL

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 08:07:41 PM »
"Its not about delivery".....ill get my coat.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline 20Eyes

• Too fast, too deep, blah blah blah
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 08:13:12 PM »
You can vote without them, though?

Yep, although they're a good reminder. I've spoken to people this evening who, when I mentioned the May local elections, replied, 'Oh, are there local elections in May?'

It's equally easy to forget, but the majority won't even place a vote two weeks from now.
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »
More importantly HOW many times have the council paid for items to be printed and delivered and they haven’t been? I’m thinking here of the Swindon News in my area which we never get.

More waste of the council taxpayers dosh.

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »
More importantly HOW many times have the council paid for items to be printed and delivered and they haven’t been? I’m thinking here of the Swindon News in my area which we never get.

Tory waste and mis-management?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 09:13:06 PM »
Hmm Tories turn out irrespective, but Labour people tend to rely on the card.

Well that's my experience telling for what it is worth.

Conspiracy, surely they would not be that desperate would they?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Ringer

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 09:24:26 PM »

It's a promise (no12) to deliver 6 times a year to all homes in Swindon. That promise has been met if you don't believe me look for yourself it was published as acheived  in Swindon News no 89 and the Adver.
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print