Author Topic: Eastcott Ward - Swindon Lib Democrat Pajak Plays Pinnochio Politics  (Read 32547 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: Eastcott Ward - Swindon Lib Democrat Pajak Plays Pinnochio Politics
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2012, 09:01:41 PM »

http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php/topic,8355.msg76140.html#msg76140

They're at it again, is there an election coming?.......Oh.

Bump.

Geoff forgive me in drawing your attention to the fact that Stan Pajak was a very enthusiastic supporter of the motion detailed at the bottom of your posts.

In the debate Stan referred to his recent visit to Auschwitz and stated there had been 3m Jewish deaths there!  Sadly his ability to get his facts correct are even wrong here as the revised number of deaths at Auschwitz has been reduced to 1.3m of which 90% were said to be Jewish.

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_concentration_camp

The phrase bandwaggoning comes to mind!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2012, 05:30:52 PM »
You do suppose they know the war is over and, this is important, Germany lost and was properly punished by the standards of the day.

I would never advocate forgetting, I struggle with forgiving, but isn't this about 70 years behind the curve as an election stance?

There is something grubby about seeing political types grab a righteous cause and turn into a club for hitting things and people.

Just to make it clear, practical and political considerations aside, I'd have nuked the feckers and trundled East and think Patton's road accident was convenient. I loathe all extremists and crave a world where apathy is an allowable and safe option.

Ooops, mouth has gone all foamy.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #182 on: February 29, 2012, 08:50:19 AM »
Never mind Mart, I couldn't agree more.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)