Author Topic: Swindon Literature Festival  (Read 709 times)

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

Swindon Literature Festival
« on: March 23, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
Not sure if people are aware of this

http://www.swindonfestivalofliterature.co.uk

Must admit generally enjoy the literature festival.  It's the chance to see and hear some interesting authors and it's quite a simple thing which we should support so it can get better and better.

One of the highlights last year was listening to Brian Moore (Rugby player) followed by listening to Michael Portillo (who was very good).  In previous years have heard John Major (talking about cricket), Rory Mcgrath (bird watching) and Marcus Trescothick (cricket and nervous breakdown).

I was slightly disappointed by the line up this year but it can't be too bad as I am going to see Michael Wood (historian) and Martin Bell together with Harry Hill.  Anyone else going?

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: Swindon Literature Festival
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »
Read Michael Wood's Alexander in virtually one hit.

Never found where he was buried did they?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Alex

• Alex Coppock-Bunce Hypnotherapy & Counselling
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 08:00:34 AM »
Thanks for the link COOT.

Really looking forward to it now I've had a scan of what's on.

Very much looking forward to Kate Williams, Micheal Wood, James Geary  and the film, " Economics of Happiness",  good timing for our current fiscal situation and for a Transition Town initiative.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 09:32:59 AM »
Would like to take part more, but only seem to get along to anything if one of the kids take me.

Saw Tim Smit (Eden Project) a couple of years ago -very good, inspirational speaker. Shame they can't get him to one of the SSP Conferences.

What about that TS literary thread as a sort of 'fringe fetival'?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)