Author Topic: "With Mallinson a fore-thought" - Half-Truths Exposed As Domiciliary Care Team Faces Axe  (Read 38029 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Many examples of something, but what's your actual point?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Yes, I think people will die and blame for the deaths will, as usual, be passed onto the wrong people.

We can hear the beating black heart of compassionate Conservatism now.  It's getting closer and, instead of the familiar lump-lump, lump-lump sound of a human heart, this one sounds cold and mechanical - Mallin-Son, Mallin-Son.....

Conservative dogma insists that the existence of the welfare state creates a dependence upon it, therefore, if they shrink the welfare and/or severely restrict access to it, dependence upon it will drop accordingly.

This may well be true for a number of professional 'doley's' and 'lead swingers' but could prove catastrophic for those with profound and genuine need, most of whom who will have paid into the system via income tax and National Insurance contributions all their working lives.

"First they came for the sick, but I wasn't sick so I said nothing......"

I see that Mr Cameron has today also linked welfare dependency with immigration.  :popcorn:

Offline Drone

If in doubt, do a speech on immigration.

Yes, it's an issue, but I thought we were fighting a war in Libya and 'listening' on the biggest changes to the NHS in decades? Can Cameron listen while talking about something completely different?
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Rochelle

Kohima,
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say but I'll answer as best I can.
I was on the "at risk" register due to my family circumstances for most of my childhood until I reached adulthood.
My family combined criminality violence and severe mental illness.
This was in a time and place when such extremes were perhaps less prevalent and so I consider myself very fortunate to have been supported and protected.
As an adult, finding myself both personally and professionally in a world where others were not as fortunate as myself, I could, and can, see the stark difference.
And yes, Kohima, again, in my experience, someone does know something, whether they can or do attempt to do something is another matter.
Dealing with some of the most difficult areas of social care requires a complex set of interventions if there is to be any hope of a positive outcome.
I suppose some of us will think it's worth it, others will not.

Offline Ringer

How many staff actually got made redundant and redeployed  from the council in the end? Was it all 64 in the end?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline 20Eyes

• Too fast, too deep, blah blah blah
Maybe Cameron's been reading this?  :-\

http://www.migrationwatchuk.com/briefingPaper/document/200
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Richard Symonds

The more I consider this subject the more I cannot believe that one penny was actually saved purely on this politically sponsored change in delivery of Adult Care.

In fact it could even result in greater expense being incurred, but then the accountants will ensure we never find that out.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Bump.

Peter Mallinson has lurched out of the political graveyard again, seemingly intent on finishing off the elderly, infirm, vulnerable and residents of Croft standing for election in 2014, so it's worth keeping the public record of his previous political actions fresh in the public consciousness.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Yes, I think people will die and blame for the deaths will, as usual, be passed onto the wrong people.

We can hear the beating black heart of compassionate Conservatism now.  It's getting closer and, instead of the familiar lump-lump, lump-lump sound of a human heart, this one sounds cold and mechanical - Mallin-Son, Mallin-Son.....

Conservative dogma insists that the existence of the welfare state creates a dependence upon it, therefore, if they shrink the welfare and/or severely restrict access to it, dependence upon it will drop accordingly.

This may well be true for a number of professional 'doley's' and 'lead swingers' but could prove catastrophic for those with profound and genuine need, most of whom who will have paid into the system via income tax and National Insurance contributions all their working lives.

"First they came for the sick, but I wasn't sick so I said nothing......"

Doubtless the above was denounced as 'vileness'....but that doesn't make it any less true in my opinion.

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
Intrigued to see this thread revived.

Not only does it bring back the memories of "Ollie's exploits", but recently he's apparently been on the Adver threads, briefly using his real name.

A failed attempt to give a respectable "non troll" ambience

I think it was the report of Rodders telling the Croft questioneers to be quiet.
Proud to be gone

Offline Richard Symonds

I have heard that the Adult Care Team have been reduced from two floors to one.  Can anyone corroborate this piece of information please?

Has anyone tried to contact 'Homeline' recently?  They do not answer their phones and appear to be permanently away from their office!!  It would appear the only way to get hold of them is to push the 'emergency button'.

Rod Bluh wrote to me on the questions I raised at Cabinet and at Council in June regarding the well being of a vulnerable ninety year old lady living on her own.

My question at Cabinet was 'Does the Leader agree with me that it is unacceptable for a vulnerable ninety year old living on her own to wait eighteen weeks, that is four and a half months, to get an assessment of her needs?.

and My question at Council was 'Does the Leader agree with me that it is wholly unacceptable for a vulnerable ninety year old lady to be interviewed about her care needs over the telephone?'

To which I received the following reply via the Conservative Party Political Assistant by email:-

RB.dcc.RS PQT

Dear Mr Symonds,

I have now investigated the case you raised in Public Questions at Cabinet on 11th June and Full Council on 20th June.   The evidence from the officers is that you misrepresented some of the key facts in a way that could cause distress among the vulnerable members of our community.

You alleged, first, that it takes 18 weeks for a person to be assessed.  This is incorrect.  You alleged, second, that the assessment  was undertaken by phone.  This was also incorrect.  The facts are as given to you by Paddy Bradley on 13th June. 

1)   We screen referrals and we undertake a desktop risk assessment to prioritise cases.  There is no blanket statement that all referrals will take 18 weeks. 

2)   Miss ******** requirements were screened by the social worker on duty on the day she rang.  The purpose of this screening is to identify whether an urgent assessment is required.  Miss ****** was assessed as not urgent.

3)   Miss ******  was advised that she could wait for up to 18 weeks for a care manager assessment, but if her circumstances change at any time then to ring back.

I look forward to your public acceptance of these facts.

You have highlighted a bigger challenge.  Adult Social Care now consumes over one third of the Council’s budget and that share is only going to increase.  As the number of people living over 75 and 85 is set to go up more than 60% in the next decade, there needs to be a mature debate about what care can the tax payer afford and what role should families, relatives and charities take on. 

There are no easy answers and I take very seriously the issue that people’s lives and not just quality of life are involved here.  I look forward to seeing your contributions about how to match the rising demand against limited money.

Yours sincerely,

Councillor Roderick Bluh
Leader of the council

Cc   Shaun Banks, committee services officer

PS It was the care team telephoning Miss ****** not the other way around!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Bump. See: http://www.talkswindon.org/index.php/topic,9979.msg103580.html#msg103580