Author Topic: Jan 31st 2011 - Cllr Perkins WiFi'asco Announcement Delayed Again  (Read 35465 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: Jan 31st 2011 - Cllr Perkins WiFi'asco Announcement Delayed Again
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »
Do you think they will put one of Rikki's Wi-fi boxes in the Swindon Museum to account for the £400,000 of wasted Council Taxpayers money?

Or a Waxwork of Garry Perkins - the Announcement Man that never was!!  >:D
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »
If a "Wi-Ki" Wi-Fi box was put in a museum, it would need to be placed in an armoured glass case, protected by a laser anti-theft device, as it is worth so much money!

Perhaps one of the Wi-Fi boxes should be donated to science, so that an expert in electonics can find out why they cost so much?

On the other hand, perhaps a wax likeness of "Wi-Ki", with his hand in the back pocket of a pensioner, while a statue of Bluh and the Perkinator look on, clapping their hands in glee, should be put in a museum, showing, in a Madam Tussaud like way, the folly of dealing with "successful entrepreneurs" and their crooked chums!

Just a thought.

What's it all about?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2011, 02:20:02 PM »
On the other hand, perhaps a wax likeness of "Wi-Ki", with his hand in the back pocket of a pensioner, while a statue of Bluh and the Perkinator look on, clapping their hands in glee, should be put in a museum, showing, in a Madam Tussaud like way, the folly of dealing with "successful entrepreneurs" and their crooked chums!

But Rod's statue will be placed next door to Le Pissoir, surely?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Des Morgan

• Hello !
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2011, 10:42:04 AM »
Cor blimey Des you must have been from a well modern family as they were only introduced at the Harrogate toy fair in January 1957 and were quite expensive.

Ah but i was conned - I didn't know you had to have a track as well!!!

I suppose it's like Wi-Fi - you've got to have some customers to make it work??

Offline Muggins

« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
"But Rod's statue will be placed next door to Le Pissoir, surely?"

Hopefuly we won't have to pay for special journey to get that scene in the Museum, if Le Pissoir lasts as long as other art works in town, it will be in there before you can say "Waxen Rod"
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Weebleman

« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2011, 06:17:36 PM »

But Rod's statue will be placed next door to Le Pissoir, surely?

Good idea. Perhaps it could take a traditional form such as a cherub with a teeny weeny willie permanently pi$$ing into Le Pissoir as a tribute to the way he took the urine when in office. :coolsmiley:

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2011, 03:04:36 PM »
"Good idea. Perhaps it could take a traditional form such as a cherub with a teeny weeny willie permanently pi$$ing into Le Pissoir as a tribute to the way he took the urine when in office. "

You could also add an active right hand with backward and forward movement!

Bobby

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2011, 06:19:50 PM »
"Good idea. Perhaps it could take a traditional form such as a cherub with a teeny weeny willie permanently pi$$ing into Le Pissoir as a tribute to the way he took the urine when in office. "

You could also add an active right hand with backward and forward movement!

Now now boys this is getting rather rude isn't it?

Have just come back from town through the traffic chaos caused by the Mannington roadworks and I went to have a looked at Le Pissoir but it was dry so we now have a £259,000 piece of crinkly tin as an overview for the dirty paving slabs which are looking older by the day. 

What an obscene waste of public money.

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »
When I was a kid everyone around our way had a piece or crinkly tin in their back garden. They were Anderson shelters that, once erected on top of the ground rather than in it, made perfectly good garden sheds.

If my dad had known then that each section could have been flogged off as "Public Realm Art" he could have retired!
What's it all about?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2011, 06:54:59 PM »
Outer:  I remember that stuff - it was called corrugated iron? I don't know where it came from but our house had a proper air raid shelter, (which I don't remember!), I think because we were only four doors from school.

Richard, what's rude about Bobby describing a banker?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2011, 12:19:13 AM »
Richard, what's rude about Bobby describing a banker?

Banker Muggins?