Author Topic: Penhill  (Read 41942 times)

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
Re: Penhill
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2011, 10:59:31 PM »
Every owner of a domesticated dog  would agree with that  :wink:
Proud to be gone

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2011, 11:48:31 PM »
I know politics is a dirty game in some instances, but there is also downright dirty and sneaky  :coffee:  :popcorn:
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »
I do believe David would not know how to post, although he has mastered the rudimentaries, he remains mostly PC illiterate.  However, if he wanted, he has a few mates who could help him. 

At present here, as far as I can see, one party is moving confidently, calmly canvassing towards the election, whilst the other or rather a few individuals in it, are desperately scrabbling, dragging the innocent into their fight.   Poorly done!   Very poorly done.

Reminds me of those cartoons where one weedy character is fighting off a larger, calmer opponent and the larger one has a hand firmly placed on top it's head and none of the blows are reaching him.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2011, 08:50:47 AM »
Or perhaps the Whacky Races, where Dick Dastardly never wins?
Proud to be gone

Ringer

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2011, 10:28:56 PM »
Or perhaps the Whacky Races, where Dick Dastardly never wins?

Who is playing Muttley, The Hooded Claw and of course Penelope Pitstop?

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2011, 11:19:31 PM »
I do believe David would not know how to post, although he has mastered the rudimentaries, he remains mostly PC illiterate.  However, if he wanted, he has a few mates who could help him.

Ah, I wonder if Cllr Peter Mallinson has, once again, been accessing Talkswindon via friends Talkswindon user accounts to post comments 'on their behalf'.

What's the pay-off David?, is Peter having a 'word on your behalf' with a Devon lodge to ease your ingress?

Ringer

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2011, 08:28:33 AM »
Lodge? No it's Brotherly love surely?

Offline David Glaholm

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2011, 08:09:34 AM »
Your comments are a bit stinging Geoff and NO I dont know how to reply to a comment but your REPLY button helped me.
 However I restate what I said before.
As you will recall the year before the elections I was dogged by ill health having being admitted to hospital on  3 occasions via ambulance.Quite frankly I had had enough...
I told Andy and Laura I was standing down because of that and I did not want to fall out with either of them
Following the public announcement of my decision I was inundated with calls from people who asked me to reconsider,indeed two of Andys close friends were the most vociferous as they did not want him to win.True I promise !!
Against my better judgement I put my name in the hat again convinced (by others) I would win.
Labour let it be known if I stood down and supported Laura and the Labour Party and went out and worked I would be welcomed back and stated to me I would loose anyway as Penhill showed the largest number of Labour promises in Swindon.Ha Ha !!!
This I welcomed as I felt ''lost'' not being in the circle.Poor judgement on my part again Geoff but I wanted to believe them.
After I withdrew they never answered my e-mails nor returned my calls offering to help in the election campaign.
If they did not want me they should have had the balls to say so.They sure suckered me !!!
After the elections I replied to an e-mail from Andy and stated my personal preference that I wanted to see Andy win (which he had done so) and so opened up a can of worms from which I will not recover and the worse thing I lost his friendhip which I valued and publicly apologise to him here for the wrong I did him.
I wish I could turn the clock bak but cant.
All the years representing Penhill and trying to get investment from the Council into the area my efforts were constantly thwarted by the Labour Group.
Indeed one senior member said ''I wont vote money to Penhill as the buggers will vandalise what we put there''.
In the end I could take no more after critisizing Ruth Kelly about the Labour Partys lack of a housing policy I was accused of being an enemy of the party.!!!! Rather that than an enemy of the people and went independant.
I say to the people of Swindon but Penhill in particular vote for the candidate who will stop Labour taking control of the Council.
The Conservatives are doing a good job in my view.
I should not have written ''I am neither pro Lib Dem or Conservative'' as my brian was not in gear and I apologise for the comment.

Ringer

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2011, 08:29:56 AM »
Your comments are a bit stinging Geoff and NO I dont know how to reply to a comment but your REPLY button helped me.
 However I restate what I said before.
As you will recall the year before the elections I was dogged by ill health having being admitted to hospital on  3 occasions via ambulance.Quite frankly I had had enough...
I told Andy and Laura I was standing down because of that and I did not want to fall out with either of them
Following the public announcement of my decision I was inundated with calls from people who asked me to reconsider,indeed two of Andys close friends were the most vociferous as they did not want him to win.True I promise !!
Against my better judgement I put my name in the hat again convinced (by others) I would win.
Labour let it be known if I stood down and supported Laura and the Labour Party and went out and worked I would be welcomed back and stated to me I would loose anyway as Penhill showed the largest number of Labour promises in Swindon.Ha Ha !!!
This I welcomed as I felt ''lost'' not being in the circle.Poor judgement on my part again Geoff but I wanted to believe them.
After I withdrew they never answered my e-mails nor returned my calls offering to help in the election campaign.
If they did not want me they should have had the balls to say so.They sure suckered me !!!
After the elections I replied to an e-mail from Andy and stated my personal preference that I wanted to see Andy win (which he had done so) and so opened up a can of worms from which I will not recover and the worse thing I lost his friendhip which I valued and publicly apologise to him here for the wrong I did him.
I wish I could turn the clock bak but cant.
All the years representing Penhill and trying to get investment from the Council into the area my efforts were constantly thwarted by the Labour Group.
Indeed one senior member said ''I wont vote money to Penhill as the buggers will vandalise what we put there''.
In the end I could take no more after critisizing Ruth Kelly about the Labour Partys lack of a housing policy I was accused of being an enemy of the party.!!!! Rather that than an enemy of the people and went independant.
I say to the people of Swindon but Penhill in particular vote for the candidate who will stop Labour taking control of the Council.
I should not have written ''I am neither pro Lib Dem or Conservative'' as my brian was not in gear and I apologise for the comment.

I am neither pro Lib Dem or Conservative and not Labour either and apologise ..... wrote confused of Penhill :wink:

Admins is it possible to have a can of worms smiley?

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
"The Conservatives are doing a good job in my view."  :idiot2:
That's the point where your comment becomes implausible.

Mind you, it's a good "reply" from someone who isn't able to..... "reply"

I'm off out, to take my dog for a run. He loves being off the lead, getting some exercise  :angel:
Proud to be gone

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
"The Conservatives are doing a good job in my view."  :idiot2:
That's the point where your comment becomes implausible.

Interesting statement from someone who was joining the Conservatives in return for 'Freedom of the Borough' and then bottled it.

I would keep quiet if I were you David, unless you can tell us what you were doing with the Tories in Toothill on Saturday?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »
Was he wearing a cloak and dagger?  ;D
Proud to be gone

Offline Muggins

« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2011, 09:44:23 AM »
Quote from a quote: ''I wont vote money to Penhill as the buggers will vandalise what we put there''

An David, let's be fair here, how many times did you say that to me on your own behalf, when we said we were going to do something or the other?  "It'll never work with the vandals/louts/yobo's about"

Trouble is when constantly repeating things yourself, people will throw them back at you as an excuse not to invest in an area. 

None the less ALL the major play areas have been refurbished and added to during your time as Councillor,  we also had two new schools rebuilt, the community centre (built circa 1985 Labour council) turned into a SureStart (Labour Government) at some expense. A new Adult Learning Centre built (Labour Government) and equipped under a Labour council and government.  Traffic calming put in (to provide parking) (Labour council).  Enough funding to do and produce a community plan and sub plans for play and youth etc.(Labour council)   Andy H, as a Labour councillor or independent at the time always actively supported anything like that without the jibes against his own community.

Are you saying you had nothing to do with that lot? Because you seem to conveniently forget it every time you want to pop at the party that supported you through your troubled years.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline 20Eyes

• Too fast, too deep, blah blah blah
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2011, 09:44:41 AM »
Interesting statement from someone who was joining the Conservatives in return for 'Freedom of the Borough' and then bottled it.

He'd probably settle for having the 'No Right Turn' signs removed from County Road.

I rarely have any time for, or trust in, politicians who switch parties - especially when going from Labour to Conservative (or  vice-versa).
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2011, 09:47:28 AM »
I see the man himself is on line now.

Come on David say something, please!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »

Oh David.... when will you learn to stop putting your family through the shit because of: A) Your misguided loyalty to Peter Mallinson  B) The funny handshake brigade and C) A desire to get a few last blows in before you leave the Borough.  Your actions are selfishly perverse in my honest opinion and, littered as it is with contradictory and mutually exclusive statements, I do not accept the version of events you've posted above as being either accurate or truthful. 

Sorry if that in any way offends your sense of honour or you think it might damage whatever is left of your 'reputation' but, having once again stuck your head up above the parapet and getting involved again politically you have, very deliberately imho, offered yourself, your opinions and the things you did whilst 'serving' the Borough's taxpayers, up to public scrutiny again.

I'm of the opinion that David Glaholm's 'judgement' has, (and probably continues to be), appallingly bad and that his motives for doing, and saying things, are often driven by predatory impulsiveness and the desire, perhaps even an emotional need, to gain something primarily for his own satisfaction.  He doesn't execute well thought though and critically considered plans so he invariably makes the wrong choice, gets caught doing something wrong or ends up in a position where he, hoping to gain something for himself, is easily manipulated by others into doing what they want.

Davids 'view' of anything political is likely to be sitting atop a writhing mass of conflicting loyalties, half-truths, hidden agendas and funny handshakes.  Any credibility he had fizzled out a while back.

Drone

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »
This is all very exciting!  :popcorn:

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »
This is all very exciting!  :popcorn:

Its a little bit odd I think !!!
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Drone

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2011, 01:49:43 PM »
Why did this clip spring to mind?

Grannies handbag fight (action) Small | Large

Offline Muggins

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
I dunno why that should spring to your mind Drone, should I take offence?   :)