Author Topic: Penhill  (Read 40241 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: Penhill
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »
As I don't go in the pub much, then I don't know if he is in there when he's not elsewhere.   I did see him on Penhill Drive lunch time as I was passing by in a car, he was with his lad - he has two lovely children.

I don't know that it is fair to assume he is always in the pub?

I think canvassing is pending a blitz.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 08:12:28 PM »
I think canvassing is pending a blitz.

But will that be sufficient to stop Andy Harrison's cohort?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline David Glaholm

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 05:11:23 PM »
Labour officials in Swindon promised me if I stood down as a candidate last year(2010) and supported the official Labour candidate for Penhill they would welcome my help and help me back in the ranks.
Foolishly I beleived them but it turned out they lied.
Labour have always taken Penhill for granted and told me last year the area had the highest number of promises in Swindon.
Rubbish that was as Andy won...
I would urge residents of Penhill to vote Lib Dem this year as we have seen how Andy fights for the area (as I knew he would do)
Trevor Smith and he will be a good team...
Its a shame Andy and I fell out but thats what Labour wanted.
Make them pay.
I'm out tomorrow helping Peter Mallinson in Walcot to retain his seat.
Im not pro Lib Dem or Conservative............ Just ANTI LABOUR.!!!!!
Bunch of numptys only able to scatch a scab till it bleeds....

Offline Muggins

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2011, 05:15:01 PM »
"I'm out tomorrow helping Peter Mallinson in Walcot to retain his seat.
Im not pro Lib Dem or Conservative............ Just ANTI LABOUR.!!!!!"

And then he goes and spoils it all..............proving Labour is not so daft.

Perhaps Flo had soething to do with it. Will you be contributing from Bideford? 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Ringer

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 05:32:34 PM »
Labour officials in Swindon promised me if I stood down as a candidate last year(2010) and supported the official Labour candidate for Penhill they would welcome my help and help me back in the ranks.
Labour have always taken Penhill for granted and told me last year the area had the highest number of promises in Swindon.
I would urge residents of Penhill to vote Lib Dem this year as we have seen how Andy fights for the area (as I knew he would do)
Make them pay.

:popcorn:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2011, 05:44:09 PM »
Make them pay.

Bloody hell David -you certainly unleashed the beast there!
I always thought you were supportive towards the Bakers - so what went wrong there then?
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
I always thought you were suppotive towards the Bakers - so what went wrong there then?

I think it was probably because he himself did not get selected and I see the man himself is online as I write.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »
I always thought you were suppotive towards the Bakers - so what went wrong there then?
I think it was probably because he himself did not get selected.
It was an all woman selection for Labour in Penhill last year Richie babes  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 06:34:52 PM by Chav »

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2011, 07:55:28 PM »

I think it was probably because he himself did not get selected and I see the man himself is online as I write.

Paul Baker is a nice man, and Laura is a lovely lady with a great sense of humour  :)

Offline Muggins

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 08:56:06 AM »
How can I put this?   I think that the Labour Candidate last year may have been strongly advised by some people who live on the estate - not the Labour Party - that using David to canvassing for her was not the best advertisement for her campaign, maybe she took notice, I don't know.   

In reality, I don't think she chose that method of canvassing, and I don't know if it even happened, just that I heard a  grumble or two.

So, as I see it, based on what I heard, no matter what venom David speaks now, he was angling to get back in the party and went out canvassing for Labour last year, even though he had been an independent for some years. 

For years the gossip has been that he has periodically flirted with other parties.

I can confirm that Paul Baker is a nice bloke and Laura is a very pleasant person too. They have two lovely children and look after their animals. Both went to school with a lot of the young people up here.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 02:58:26 PM »

I don't find Davids explanation for his not standing in Penhill entirely believable :)

I expect Penhill residents are already aware of the 'other version' so his blaming Labour for it will probably raise some knowing smiles up on the hill.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2011, 04:35:01 PM »
I've smiled quite a lot in the last twenty years!  ::)

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »
So Glaholm is canvassing for Mallinson. It shows how desperate the tories are in Walcot. I would have thought he would have been better off canvassing in Broad Green against Monty, after all he is more well known there than in Walcot!
Bobby

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2011, 08:23:32 PM »
So Glaholm is canvassing for Mallinson. It shows how desperate the tories are in Walcot. I would have thought he would have been better off canvassing in Broad Green against Monty, after all he is more well known there than in Walcot!

Is he Bobby?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 09:06:50 AM »
I'll use the example of two cats I once had to cast some light on this conundrum. One was as a happy as larry on it's own, it would curl up on the bed. The other, a big tom cat, liked company and felt more loved looking cute next to another cat, so would join 'larry' on the bed, even thought 'larry' liked peace.  The big tom would keep laying closer and closer, snuggling up to what it thought was the more loved cat, and eventually larry would be pushed into a position it didn't really want.  I remember the look on Larry's face it said, louder than words:

"Do I have to have him on here with me Mum?"

Hope you get the drift of this story in relation to this  thread.

Drone

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
Politicians are very good at licking their own backsides? Or have I got my metaphors mixed up?  :wink:

Offline Muggins

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2011, 06:25:27 PM »
I wasn't alluding to the rear end, but it suit's the situation well enough.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
They can certainly kiss mine.

But they'll have to join the queue.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2011, 09:03:17 PM »

Make them pay.

Black Spot on Trevor Smith then

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2011, 10:08:05 PM »
Not particularly interested in what a self-discredited ex-councillor says in his vendetta against former colleagues, but compared to what Andy Harrison told me at the time, David Glaholm's published version of events remains remarkably different and I don't buy it.   I don't know, (or care really), what Penhills voters will make, (or not), of it, but I'll always pass comment on something I believe to be untrue.

Funnily enough, David emailed me about this a couple of days after he posted here and said he didn't know how to post a reply.  I didn't believe that either.....  :wink:

This is David spitting some political venom on his exit from Swindon and there's no real surprise that he thinks that he's doing his mate Mallinson some good.  He does have repeatedly and spectacularly poor judgement.