Author Topic: Central  (Read 10038 times)

Offline Dougal

• Administrator
    • Talkswindon.org
Central
« on: January 30, 2011, 12:35:43 AM »
Central
2011 Local Election Candidates

Paul GregoryConservative
Derique MontautLabour
Gary porterLiberal Democrat
Eleanor PomagalskiUKIP
Robert HeritageGreen Party
Karsten EvansIndependant
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 06:31:54 PM by Dougal »

www.talkswindon.org is a venue, not a person or political entity. As such, it hopes to encourage input and discussion on any topic, from all walks of Swindon life.   

Offline Karsten

• Politics is Bollock'tics
Re: Central
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 02:13:07 AM »
Why can't I have a colour if all the others have?  :o
Are you trying to make me fade away to grey?

How about cyan?  .. don't think there are any parties with that colour.  :)
Couldn't you link to or type in the the websites too?
I'm www.swindon.org.uk  but still have to update it from last year..

PS
Karsten

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 05:41:54 AM »
I thought independents were always under a grey, to show they were not aligned to a party.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Weebleman

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »

PS
Karsten

So I took a look at your web site and the first document I opened was titled "Bolliticks! Why Should Colour Matter". Such inconsistency is not good in an aspiring politician (or so I'm told!). ;D

Offline 20Eyes

• Too fast, too deep, blah blah blah
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 09:47:55 AM »
Montaut's nailed on for Central. Can't see how anyone could beat him.
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Ringer

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:20:49 AM »
Colour does matter if there was not a Red Cross on the English flag it would be just white and we all know what that means  :surrender:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 06:54:04 PM »
It would be French?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 06:59:49 PM »

PS
Karsten

What happens if Graham Cherry wants a different colour than you ?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »

What happens if Graham Cherry wants a different colour than you ?

I wonder how how the Tories feel about GC standing?

Will he actually be able to secure more than a handful of votes?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 10:48:48 PM »
Montaut's nailed on for Central. Can't see how anyone could beat him.

I don't think I'll be voting for him.

He has not replied to the questions I asked about Coate.
I also find him a bit "Punch and Judy" when it comes to his comments in the media

I want to vote for a candidate that will listen to residents concerns (as my existing Labour councillor does).
Proud to be gone

Offline Drone

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:30 AM »
Defending their seat: Derique Montaut (Labour) IN THEIR OWN WORDS: I am currently the Leader of the Labour Group and have been highly critical of the Conservative administration’s policies on town centre regeneration, the privatisation of public services, and cuts to low income families and the vulnerable.

If re-elected as a Central ward councillor, I promise to: Work to empower local communities Fight to establish a 20mph zone in all residential areas Call for more developers to be used within the Ward And fight for a new school in the Central area.

I have held all the high offices of the council, with the exception of being council leader, including being the Mayor of Thamesdown Council in 1990.

Challenging: Karsten Evans (Independent) IN THEIR OWN WORDS: No matter which party candidate gets elected, it always ends up the same with ‘Promises, promises’! I can not promise anything, except to do my best for people in Central and to find out more of what happens in SBC.

I stand FOR: Town Poll on residents parking, an elected mayor, a development ban near Coate, more openness regarding Freedom of Information requests, political reform.

I stand AGAINST: Nuclear power plants, unfair parking fees at the hospital, housing developments on Greenfield land, cuts to vital Swindon’s charities, costly town centre regeneration projects that should be postponed until economy. recovers.

Paul Gregory (Conservative) IN THEIR OWN WORDS: I represent ‘Equalities’ on a number of borough council committees including Swindon Children’s Trust Board and have been a governor at Churchfields School in Upham Road for three years I believe that the Central Ward needs a stronger voice within the council, the ward can be better represented by an active Conservative councillor who can ensure that Central’s problems and assets can be more effectively highlighted As I work and live in the centre of town I have witnessed firsthand the blight of empty shops, offices and vacant building sites. I would make it my priority to tackle these. Our local planners must prioritize regeneration of the Swindon’s Centre before allowing any further development on greenfield sites around Swindon Robert Oliver Heritage (Green) PARTY PROFILE: Bob has been a member of Swindon & District Green Party for 20 years. He has stood several times as a candidate in local elections.

As someone with both a visual and hearing loss Bob has managed to cope with these disabilities and champions the rights of disabled people. He is especially concerned with issues of safe mobility - clean affordable public transport in both urban and rural areas. Also for the provision or adaptation of appropriate housing that is properly insulated and heated to the highest environmental standards. He is keen on music especially folk, jazz, blues, country and western. He takes a keen interest in both local and national politics and is knowledgeable about the history of social and radical movements both in the UK and worldwide.

Eleanor Jane Pomagalski (UKIP) IN THEIR OWN WORDS: Married 27 years, five children. Living in Swindon past 24 years. Christian home-schooling mum. Passionate about people and their quality of life. UKIP put country before party. Our freedoms are being eroded, let us choose how we spend our limited funds. In cost-cutting times there is still so much waste.
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Drone

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 06:30:14 AM »
Christian home-schooling mum.

I don't want to assume she's a nutjob, but it could save some time...
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline 20Eyes

• Too fast, too deep, blah blah blah
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 08:13:11 AM »
Eleanor Jane Pomagalski (UKIP)... Christian home-schooling mum.

And she's standing in Central ward?!?  ;D

Good luck with that.
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 09:03:02 PM »
No LibDem candidate?

I'm satisfied with the way that Bob Wright has conducted his role as Central Ward Councillor. I've witnessed him putting forward, and defending my views particularly concerning Coate.

However, I have zero confidence in Derique Montaut.

How does my vote effect Bob Wright's councillor status if I don't vote Labour at this election?
Proud to be gone

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 09:09:21 PM »
No LibDem candidate?

I'm satisfied with the way that Bob Wright has conducted his role as Central Ward Councillor. I've witnessed him putting forward, and defending my views particularly concerning Coate.

However, I have zero confidence in Derique Montaut.

How does my vote effect Bob Wright's councillor status if I don't vote Labour at this election?

If you feel that way you must act accordingly, what about a vote for Karsten then?

and no I doubt it would not affect Bob Wright but you had better ask him if it worries you.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 08:40:27 AM »
I've sent Bob a PM, but I haven't noticed any postings by him on here lately.
Anyone know if he's still on line? Computers can be a bit spiteful at crucial moments.
Anyone know the answer to my voting question?
Proud to be gone

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 09:08:18 AM »
Anyone know if he's still on line? Computers can be a bit spiteful at crucial moments.

ICDT I think you will find that Bob Wright is very much aware of what is said on here, but is presently otherwise occupied.

As for an alternative vote, as you appear to be unhappy with Monty, how about Karsten?

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 09:16:19 AM »
Karsten appears to be too much at loggerheads with The Mechanics's Trust (despite their faults, I don't believe they are bad people).
I mostly don't want Bob struck off or Monty enlisted.
We still have no info on a LibDem Central candidate
Proud to be gone

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »
Karsten appears to be too much at loggerheads with The Mechanics's Trust (despite their faults, I don't believe they are bad people).
I mostly don't want Bob struck off or Monty enlisted.
We still have no info on a LibDem Central candidate

Hi

Monty is the Candidate up for election this year. Bob is elected until he either retires, his terms ends or there is an all out next year.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline I Could Do That

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
Thanks Steve. That's clarified the situation for me
Proud to be gone