Author Topic: Toothill & Westlea Ward  (Read 9086 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Toothill & Westlea Ward
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 07:04:33 PM »

I think cllr's Martin, Martin and Daniel Bissex are currently distributing a leaflet which claims sole credit for the West Swindon Conservatives and Robert Buckland.

I think it infers that Steve Wakefield has been 'scaremongering'.

Ought to be interesting :)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 08:41:20 PM »
Yes Geoff it is true and I have seen it, have you got a copy yet?

Time will tell if this little Post office Caper will backfire on them.

If they have been running any form of a campaign

1. Why have the good people of Toothill not heard about it?

and

2.  Why did the Franchisee know nothing about it and tell me that Tesco were not interested in retaining it?

nevertheless the newsletter was too late to make any impact on the result either way.

All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 09:50:26 PM »

No,I don't have a copy, I only know aboutvia some community cafe regulars who were a bit miffed by it.

Would welcome a copy for the library :)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 02:17:15 AM »

Congratulations on your hard fought win Steve - quite a feat turning over your 580'ish 2007 majority in spite of a few dirty tricks being pulled by the opposition.

Yesterday Nick Martin had pronounced you K.I.A in swindon. Today he's the man who couldn't deliver on his promise of a 'Massive win for Daniel and Crushing defeat for you'.

Well done

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 04:00:58 AM »
Congrats Steve, Nicely done
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Drone

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 06:31:10 AM »
Well done Steve. Nice to see the man fighting a decent and honest campaign win!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 08:04:47 AM »
Well done Steve at least we have a friend on the Council! I'm sure you know who I mean by 'WE'   O0
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

MrGrumpy

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »
Steve - well done, we knew you could do it.  Hard work always gets results - and you have worked very hard for this. :)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2011, 03:14:31 PM »
I have spent a considerable part of the last six weeks helping Steve get himself re elected and he is to be congratulated on both his victory and straightforward and clean campaign style.

It is a tribute to the man that so many people made themselves available to help him.

At no time did he ever abuse his opposition something that could not be said of them.

He is now able to continue the hard work he has put into this ward.

All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »
Thank you to all of you for all the comments of support and congrats for which I am grateful and a little  :embarassed: by their warmth and sentiment.

Thanks to the most important  people those that came out and voted for me and made it happen. :clap:

Thanks to Richard for his help  and his doggedness at the count O0 and Kirt for assisting Richard  :azn:

Bob Wright and Junab along with Jamal, you kicked in boosting the campaign at the times when it was most needed;  like a Turbo Charger or maybe an afterburner?  ;D

The secret Welsh weapon! Thanks Charlie as you gave me a good laugh and a lot of help on the penultimate leg, and sorry that your trainers got a blowout  and you spun off the track  :2funny:

My other secret weapon never grumpy just plodded through doing some valuable Donkey work in the west wing  ))))

The 2 "AVON" Ladies ( Bing Bong Labour Party Calling!) and you know who you are   :coolsmiley:

Geoff Reid and the TS people you keep the scrutiny going and  :fish: information flowing.

And Finally my Agent who was as sound as a pound  :banana:

Des Moffatt and he knows why that is  >:D

And everyone else that knows me  ::)

Oh nearly forgot Chav for the good luck wish.  :wink:

All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana: