Author Topic: Freshbrook & Grange Park  (Read 18051 times)

Offline Ringer

Re: Freshbrook & Grange Park
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »
Lots of people milling about in F&GP this morning are they canvassers, look like they are heading up towards Prinnels.
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Drone

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »

Via leakline:

Apparently, while a large group of labour campaigners were busy helping Neil Heavens in FB&GP, Michael Dickinson was spotted aimlessly drifting, jelly-fish like, along a pavement in Toothill & Westlea ward.

Waiting for his chauffeur perhaps?

He was probably lost.
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Ringer

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
Perhaps he was avoidng F&GP in case he was asked to many awkward questions about a little matter of 175 house at Hook Street? I don't know. but its beensaid there is no leaflet except the one where he mentioned the Poppy Garden, and he is not been seen canvassing, my sourses say Labour is working the doors. Where is Cllr Dickinson?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2011, 11:16:58 PM »

No sign of him or a leaflet yet. Wondering if Michael is thinking to cash-in on the goodwill inspired by Royal Wedding fever.

Really hope he doesn't wobble up to my door and interrupt my viewing of the wedding...

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 08:04:27 AM »
No fear of that Geoff. He is an usher that day.
Bobby

Offline Ringer

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 08:06:54 AM »
That may all depend on whether the transport is available perhaps its another duck call? where'smewheels?

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »
Duck call? Perhaps duck hunting? What say you Mr Reid?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 04:39:26 PM »

I think Michaels continued absence from the ward means Nick Martin thinks Daniel Bissex and Perkins are bigger priorities.

It's also possible that Dickinson has crunched some old numbers and declared himself safe, thereby causing a self-imposed restriction in resources.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2011, 09:42:47 AM »

I think Michaels continued absence from the ward means Nick Martin thinks Daniel Bissex and Perkins are bigger priorities.

It's also possible that Dickinson has crunched some old numbers and declared himself safe, thereby causing a self-imposed restriction in resources.

Was that why he was seen canvassing in Toothill last weekend then Geoff?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
Where's the polling station? Re: Freshbrook & Grange Park
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2011, 03:56:41 PM »
I haven't received a polling card yet. I'm pretty sure I can vote without it as long as I know where to go to do so.

Is the polling station in Greendown school as usual or is it somewhere else as it's been at least once in the past 10 years or so?
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Ringer

Re: Where's the polling station? Re: Freshbrook & Grange Park
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2011, 05:42:12 PM »
I haven't received a polling card yet. I'm pretty sure I can vote without it as long as I know where to go to do so.

Is the polling station in Greendown school as usual or is it somewhere else as it's been at least once in the past 10 years or so?

If you contact the Borough Solicitors Office his democracy election people will be able to provide all the details.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2011, 10:05:13 PM »
Polling Station Locations can be obtained from the Council, have you got your polling card yet?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Spectre

• Hello !
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 11:45:21 PM »
Polling Station Locations can be obtained from the Council, have you got your polling card yet?

Havn't had ours yet and nor have many others in my area.

More to the point proxy cards seem to be astray as well. Could there be something sinister afoot ?  :coolsmiley:

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2011, 11:53:01 PM »

No cards here yet either.

Cheeses me off to be quite honest. Bluh give's it all the gob about the council increasingly being a 'commissioner of services' instead of a provider of them, yet it commissions a printing company to do a fairly straightforward but nevertheless electorally important task, then fails to check that the task has been done.

I'm really hoping that the printing firm responsible isn't one of the ones owned by a Tomlinson or a Heenan......

Offline Muggins

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2011, 09:13:35 AM »
No cards here at Penhill and can't help likening this to the Swindon News.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2011, 10:37:49 AM »
None here in S&NE.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2011, 11:00:07 AM »
No cards here at Penhill and can't help likening this to the Swindon News.

We at the Chav household have had our polling card(s) for well over a week or so !
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Drone

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2011, 11:22:52 AM »

No cards here yet either.

Cheeses me off to be quite honest. Bluh give's it all the gob about the council increasingly being a 'commissioner of services' instead of a provider of them, yet it commissions a printing company to do a fairly straightforward but nevertheless electorally important task, then fails to check that the task has been done.

I'm really hoping that the printing firm responsible isn't one of the ones owned by a Tomlinson or a Heenan......

It could be a CRAPITA contract. That would explain a lot...
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2011, 02:23:11 PM »

Still no card here although I did find this list of polling stations in Swindon. Apparently it's Greendown for districts F1 and FG2 and Freshbrook Community Centre for districts FG3 and FG4. Presumably the former are Grange Park and the latter are Freshbrook?
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »
Perhaps we should consider publishing the polling station addresses for all relevent, re-publish here and publicise via twitter etc ?