Author Topic: Freshbrook & Grange Park  (Read 17633 times)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
Re: Freshbrook & Grange Park
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »
I signed his papers aswell, does that make me an agent ?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »

So you did. An agent of Evil then?

Chris Watts ate my cat  >:D and Neil Heavens ate my hamster.   :fish:

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:04 PM »
MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

Behold! "EVIL CANDIDATE SPONSERER MELLON!"

FYI : Ill sign any candidates papers as long as they live in the ward (apart from BNP and EDL, gotta draw the evil line somewhere) .
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Drone

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 07:00:24 AM »
Geoff "As it's no fun lugging boxes on leaflets on public transport I don't see him supporting Thamesdown transport or our local bus routes."

I don't know Geoff, if I was standing for council anywhere, I would buy myself a day or weekly rider and go around and around the routes, sit in the front seat handing out leaflets as people got on and off.

And you learn a lot by taking buses. During half-term, you learn that a number of teenage girls think applying hairspray is appropriate on public transport.

derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 07:26:07 AM »
Hairspray and talking excessively loud, "OH MY GOD!" Seems quite popular at the minute or " No WAY!" Or they're just blasting music through the speaker on the back of the phone and playing it so loud I can hear it through my headphones. Always entertaining the look on their face when I tell them they've got ten seconds to turn it down or I'm gonna throw the phone out the window or stamp on it.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »
"During half-term, you learn that a number of teenage girls think applying hairspray is appropriate on public transport."

Don't you just love public transport!  All life is there.

Do you think if a few MP's travelled by it regularly they might give some further consideration to giving 16 years old the vote?

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Drone

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 08:24:34 AM »
"During half-term, you learn that a number of teenage girls think applying hairspray is appropriate on public transport."

Don't you just love public transport!  All life is there.

Do you think if a few MP's travelled by it regularly they might give some further consideration to giving 16 years old the vote?

I think they might put a bit more money into public transport, certainly. I'd like to see DC late for PMQs because his bus didn't turn up, or arrive late and red faced because he's sprinted across town after his bus was diverted, or be seen asking Osbourne if he can borrow some change as the bus only takes the exact money...

Particularly in West Swindon, the Stagecoach run bus services have been cut right back. There's no link between the west Swindon centre and Wootton Bassett, for example. Are buses getting a mention in the local election camapigns? Huge numbers of local people rely on them to get about.
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Muggins

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 08:40:02 AM »
And then there is the Green Transport Policy!  Is that another policy tha has run out and not been replaced?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Drone

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »
And then there is the Green Transport Policy!  Is that another policy tha has run out and not been replaced?

They didn't take it that seriously to begin with, and now it's been dropped without a  mention. 'One Swindon' makes no mention of green travel, public transport or even just dealing with local gridlock.
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
Perhaps you should ask Councillor Greenhalgh what he is doing about the buses in conjunction with the Lead Member responsible for Thamesdown Transport?

They make it more and more difficult for us to use our cars and then want us to use an inadequate bus service.

But most importantly what is Michael D's position on this very important issue?

Anyone seen him about or has Nick Martin abandoned him to his fate?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 10:47:01 AM »
I do wonder if Michael Dickinson will be basing his entire re-election campaign on the opposed development at hook street.

Other than what I said above I can't see him having any other material to work with and if he does have something else it cannot be a strong case as he doesn't do anything beneficial to the ward.

Offline Drone

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 03:26:06 PM »
I do wonder if Michael Dickinson will be basing his entire re-election campaign on the opposed development at hook street.

Other than what I said above I can't see him having any other material to work with and if he does have something else it cannot be a strong case as he doesn't do anything beneficial to the ward.

Which he lost interest in long before Peter Greenhlagh and Robert Buckland.
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 08:37:40 PM »
I'm in F&GP and I haven't had so much as a leaflet from anyone. Does nobody want my vote or am I on a list of troublemakers whose houses the canvassers choose to avoid?
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline swindoncentric

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
According to Dickinson's paragraph in today's Adver election guide double-page, he relates things closely to achievements by him...

'... I have helped deliver many improvements. Millbrook Primary School has been built and new play grounds have been opened. Freshbrook Community Centre has been re-opened and sport has been enhanced by the building of three new G3 Astroturf pitches at the Link Centre and a full-size G3 Astroturf pitch at Greendown School. On a larger scale, Lydiard Park restoration is complete and Shaw Forest is growing wonderfully. If you elect me I promise to oppose development on Hook Street and adjacent to Lydiard Park, campaign to bring more jobs to Swindon.'

- Millbrook Primary School came from implementation of national government policy, despite the local bitter-feeling about closing Windmill Hill and the buttering-up of locals by one Councillor Perkins with early promises of 24/7 community facilities at the new school, becoming a local hub and flood-lit sports pitches (they seem obsessed with astroturf pitches!), non of that really happened. Dickinson can't take credit for a school he didn't build. Strike one Dickinson!

- Rebuilt playgrounds came from a pot of national money that was shared out, wasn't it? They've mostly been replacements of previous facilities, in industry that's called maintenance and renewals, strike two Dickinson!

- Swindon Borough Council were unwilling to take over Freshbrook Community Centre after the previous organisation felt apart, Mr Dickinson was at the meeting to kick-start it again, but how much work he did after a 2 hour meeting remains to be known/seen. Half a point Dickinson!

- Is the Link Centre in the Freshbrook and Grange Park constituency? It matters not, because Conservative councillors all over town have been taking credit for the pitches at the Link! Including Justin Tomlinson, who took credit during last year's election campaign, despite his constituency being way over in North Swindon! Strike three Dickinson!

- Greendown have a headteacher, I'm sure he had more influence over the pitch building than one of three ward councillors. Strike four Dickinson!

- Lydiard Park management did the bidding for Lottery cash for the restoration work themselves, there was no chance that cash was coming from SBC! Strike five Dickinson!

- And finally... Shaw Forest? The trees are growing well, in another ward? Claiming credit for fresh air, soil nutrients and sunshine now? Leave it alone! Strike six Dickinson!

So, although he doesn't directly say, 'I delivered these...', he does cram those two thoughts into lines next to each other.

I come back to something I raised on the blog months back, what has your local councillor actually done, specifically, for your ward during their term?

Because, like Perkins in Shaw and Nine Elms, Dickinson needs to go from Freshbrook and Grange Park, he's done, well, what? I can't figure anything out!!

PS Half a point out of seven, I apologise, he's nearly achieved one thing.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 09:34:41 PM »
I have quite a bit to say about Michael Dickinson :)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 09:41:38 PM »

Via leakline:

Apparently, while a large group of labour campaigners were busy helping Neil Heavens in FB&GP, Michael Dickinson was spotted aimlessly drifting, jelly-fish like, along a pavement in Toothill & Westlea ward.

Waiting for his chauffeur perhaps?

Offline swindoncentric

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2011, 09:48:08 PM »
He probably wasn't sure which direction his ward was, he should have just followed the deafening sound of hollow conservative electioneering.

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »
"Oi! Dickinson your wards the one covered in rubbish and overflowing dog poo bins"

"Oh.....hang on a minute, they're all like it"

Cracking post SC

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 12:21:02 AM »

Via leakline:

Apparently, while a large group of labour campaigners were busy helping Neil Heavens in FB&GP, Michael Dickinson was spotted aimlessly drifting, jelly-fish like, along a pavement in Toothill & Westlea ward.

Waiting for his chauffeur perhaps?

Was he alone?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 02:55:13 AM »

Message didn't mention anyone else being with him.