Author Topic: Resident's parking costs to increase?  (Read 9840 times)

Offline MsD Meanor

• Hello !
Re: Resident's parking costs to increase?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 07:48:28 AM »
Oh you are an unpleasant sad little troll 20. 

If you looked back on the threads you would see people are just as angry about residents parking as you say you are. And they have done as much as is possible to make changes and have their voices heard.

They just ran out of steam when they were completely ignored by SBC, depsite attending public meetings which councillors also attended and promised to act on.

:bottom:

Offline 20Eyes

• Too fast, too deep, blah blah blah
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 08:12:17 AM »
Oh you are an unpleasant sad little troll 20. 

If you looked back on the threads you would see people are just as angry about residents parking as you say you are. And they have done as much as is possible to make changes and have their voices heard.

They just ran out of steam when they were completely ignored by SBC, depsite attending public meetings which councillors also attended and promised to act on.

:bottom:

What a charming reply.

You obviously didn't read the posts where I was laughed at for writing letters to the council about parking arrangements.

Also, I didn't raise the point about people not caring, that was the poster I was responding to. I simply agreed with him. Just because you don't agree doesn't make me a 'troll', anymore than your unecessary and nasty (yet yawn-inducingly predictable) personal insults make you a troll. Playing up to the gallery might make you feel good, but it's a bit desperate.

And, talking of which:
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Ringer

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:43 AM »
Ah Diddums!!!
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline 20Eyes

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 08:23:01 AM »
Ah Diddums!!!

And you accuse me of being a troll  :2funny:
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Ringer

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »
haha good one  >:D
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 09:57:25 AM »
20 - once again you're making a slightly paranoid sounding response and lumping a whole bunch of people together needlessly. The mickey taking about letters to the council did not come from 'all' (or even a meaningful minority) of people on this forum.

Karsten - people DO care. Just check the old threads. I've been campaigning about the ridiculous residents for YEARS - so have a number of other people. You not receiving votes is not a direct reflection on what is, at the end of the day, a single local issue.

If they do pi$$ about with the charges (and continue to ignore the issue and residents opinions) , its almost a certainty that there WILL be proper and organised civil disobedience. Lets put aside other differences and actually embrace the fact that at least for once there's one thing we ALL agree on! If you me and 20 can club together and draw in the other people (ie The Back Garden Group, the Eascott cluster etc) then we'll have a force which won;t be ignored...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Muggins

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 03:03:20 PM »
I know residents parking is not my concern, but a thought triggered off by something 20 said back in the thread, I think he mentioned residents groups protesting and getting nowehere, it made me wonder if 20 treated them with distain and tried working around them on his own and wondered if he would realise how damaging to both parties outcomes this could be?  (Only  thought process 20 brought about by a similar problem we have at the moment here on Penhill - not a big problem but an irritating one!)

Your suggestion to join together Tobes is an excellent one, even if you don't like one another or don't agree on anything else, so long as you agree you want decent Residents Parking, then the best possible way to do that is together.   If you have definite mission and the support, they simply cannot ignore that forever.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 03:12:54 PM »
That should include, working with lefties, illiterates, and 60 year olds.
Proud to be gone

Offline 20Eyes

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 03:24:58 PM »
20 - once again you're making a slightly paranoid sounding response and lumping a whole bunch of people together needlessly. The mickey taking about letters to the council did not come from 'all' (or even a meaningful minority) of people on this forum.

True, but the individual who did take the mickey then went on a childish little vendetta that inspired several people to quite happily jump on the bandwagon. That's not paranoia, it's simply what happened.

I always thought it was a bit strange that a forum member here should make fun of a Swindon resident who wrote letters of objection to the council. It was even more strange when Swindon residents who openly admit to writing far more letters of objection to the council jumped in on the same p!ss taking. Oh well.

Offline 20Eyes

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 03:31:43 PM »
I know residents parking is not my concern, but a thought triggered off by something 20 said back in the thread, I think he mentioned residents groups protesting and getting nowehere, it made me wonder if 20 treated them with distain and tried working around them on his own and wondered if he would realise how damaging to both parties outcomes this could be?  (Only  thought process 20 brought about by a similar problem we have at the moment here on Penhill - not a big problem but an irritating one!)

Nah, there was never a concerted residents' group protest in my area - not about parking, anyway. The one residents' group protest that I was involved in very much stayed the course, everyone was absolutely fantastic about the whole thing from start to finish, but we were still badly failed by Anne Snelgrove and the Council.

I have evidence that proves, beyond doubt, that SBC run the Old Town parking as a means of fleecing revenue out of residents (that evidence has been passed to both a local councillor and the Council itself - they simply denied it all). However I think we all know and accept that parking and nefarious ticketing is a cash cow, but what really irks me is this whole removal of yellow lines business. The best idea the council have come up with for Old Town in a decade or two and yet precisely NOTHING has come of it.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 07:07:02 PM »
I attended the KARA (Kingshill Area Residents Association)

Dave Wood (Vice Chair of KARA) stated that it costs £400,000 to administer residents parking i.e.issue permits. This does not include the cost of the traffic wardens. He also stated that the amount raised by parking fines covered the cost of the traffic wardens.  ???
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.