Author Topic: Chelsea Gardens  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
Chelsea Gardens
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:52:23 PM »
Do you know whats going to be at Chelsea? I know as a RHS member you get advanced warning.

Is it worth buying my tickets or shall I leave it until Hampton Court?

Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Richard Beale

• Hello !
Re: Chelsea Gardens
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:00:02 PM »
Haven't seen any advanced info yet. But save your cash and go to HC or better still go to Royton Organic Gardens, they are very inspirational.

Chelsea is full of designer gardeners who haven't realised you need to get dirty hands or stuffed to the brim with bankers etc, on corporate day tickets out for the day from their jobs shafting the country.

Proper gardeners go to Hampton Court where you can get tools and plants without the crush.

Have you been to Gardeners world live at the NEC?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:32:48 AM »
Never been to Chelsea but the inlaws went once and part from the crowds thought it marvellous.

Hampton Court was Ok, a bit more 'sculptural' than 'plant' I thought.
And the blessed walk from the bus stop nearly killed me, I like to expend my energy walking around the show - not to it!

Gardeners World Live - been loads of times.  Again, you have to be fit to choose to walk from the car park and around.  It's a good show if you don't go every year and it seems to be shrinking, but daughter enjoyed the good food show that went with it.  Brilliant for plants you can't get at the plant supermarkets they call garden centres around here - and cheaper.  I think the last time we went we used our Tesco vouchers.

I liked this bit from a rather silly book I'm reading: "Mrs...., I really must question the suitablilty of orchids in the altar flowers. Their costliness bothered me thoughout the entire service. Reverend Jackson needs serviceable flora, not exotic frippery"   Remind you of anything?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline davidhussey

• Hello !
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:30:53 AM »
I have never been to this place but really wish to visit it....
*Link Removed*

TomJacobson

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »
The Chelsea is such a nice place to be in. It has amazing external architecture and it is being maintained from time to time. Why can't anybody think to get a place to stay nearby Chelsea?