Author Topic: WiFi'asco Announcement Imminent - Or Is It?  (Read 32299 times)

robert feal-martinez

Re: WiFi'asco Announcement Imminent - Or Is It?
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »
Final nail in the coffin of course is BT customers can tag onto wifi anywhere in the UK using the BT home hub network.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »
As the idea lately is to select rather than to elect people to committee's I would think there would be room for you Des.

Course if you just want to come to play, we'll have to set aside a bouncy thingy just for the older person.  Had every intention of including this anyway.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  imagine this smily with a smile!
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »
Shall we do an exercise:  Playing the selling game. roll play:-

"I have something here I want to give you for free, it's wifi."

Now you ask me questions - honestly now - don't just walk off muttering about crazy bovines and saying it will never work.

I'll play along:

"I already have it. Came bundled as a 3GB per month 'free' bolt-on to my mobile phone contract (which now costs me £6 per month less than it did last year). An app on my phone allows me to use it as a wi-fi hotspot for my laptop. I therefore have wi-fi access not only across Swindon, but in every other town, city and village aswell. Although, I find that I rarely eat into my data allowance as, other than when a bored car passenger, virtually everywhere I go that I find a need to access the Net gives me free access via their own wi-fi"

Hi 20,
What App are you using if you don't mind me asking, and are you using 'Android' software on your phone ?
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Ringer

Re: WiFi'asco Announcement Imminent - Justin Tomlinson wades into the fray
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2011, 06:36:50 PM »
And now Justin Tomlinson wades into the fray and repeats Keith Williams' slander about Chris Watts:   At 8 Minutes and 30 seconds of this Macknugget

I think they are suddenly desperate to discredit Chris, we know it's bullshit but who are they trying to convince that the WiFiasco was bolloxed by political sabotage.

It occurs to me that Perkins' comments are covered by privilege, Tomlinsons and Williams' are not.

If Keith Williams and Justin Tomlinson are so confident of their facts then Justin Tomlinson will surely feel confident enough to put his and keiths comments on a political leaflet, and allow Chris Watts to challenge them in an electoral court if he chooses to do so?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline 20Eyes

• Too fast, too deep, blah blah blah
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2011, 07:14:31 PM »
Hi 20,
What App are you using if you don't mind me asking, and are you using 'Android' software on your phone ?

Don't mind at all, Chav. It's called, 'Wi Fi Hotspot' (don't you just hate those abstract names?) and, yep, it's for Android and it's free. Truly free, as in 'not funded by taxpayers'. And it works, as in 'does actually work'.
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »
So 20; it's called WiFi Hotspot, it's free, it's not taxpayer funded and it works....now that's not the way to earn a £450,00 bung is it?  :popcorn:

Is that why you didn't spend Christmas in the Bahamas? ::)
What's it all about?

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:44 PM »
Hi 20,

Don't mind at all, Chav. It's called, 'Wi Fi Hotspot' (don't you just hate those abstract names?) and, yep, it's for Android and it's free. Truly free, as in 'not funded by taxpayers'. And it works, as in 'does actually work'.

Cheers 20  O0
I have just visited the Android Market !
So much choice  O0
Lots of Free Tethering Apps  :)
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.