Author Topic: "Children just aren't going to know what snow is"  (Read 3987 times)

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
Re: "Children just aren't going to know what snow is"
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 07:26:27 PM »
 Be aware. They probably laughed at Noah. :coolsmiley:
Proud to be gone

Offline Muggins

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 08:50:24 AM »
Simon, what was that about Germany denying that there was such a thing as Acid rain when countries east? of them compained about it floating over, but quickly changed their mind when ours reached the Black Forest, can you remember the full story?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline 20Eyes

• Too fast, too deep, blah blah blah
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »
'Acid rain' - blimey. That was all the rage when I was at school, it was going to kill all the trees, then the animals and, by about 2005, all of us too.
"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." ~ Potter Stewart

Offline Muggins

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 03:25:53 PM »
If I remember rightly is wasn't 'going' to kill trees, it jolly well did. 

I think a clean air act or something reduced it's effect.

There is no telling whether the increase in cancers may well have been caused by the atmosphere then? 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

robert feal-martinez

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 09:41:07 AM »
Please remember that it is the same scientists who predicted a new ice age 30 years ago, but seem to change their minds when there was a period of warming, which we now know hasn't happened for 15 years except one blip. Perhaps they were right about the ice age after all.

See the up to date temperature trends here: http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/

Offline I Could Do That

• Swindon Born & Bred & Gone
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2011, 09:59:43 AM »
Should we all light up a fag, to celebrate?
Proud to be gone