Author Topic: Justin Tomlison says use all council buildings to provide youth centres  (Read 6494 times)

Offline Spectre

• Hello !
Re: Justin Tomlison says use all council buildings to provide youth centres
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »
Sorry Muggins, I was thinking more along the lines of school sports and leisure facilities, indoor and outdoor. With existing public green areas being looked at for development the school playing fields might be the only place left in localised areas.

Offline Muggins

Re: Justin Tomlison says use all council buildings to provide youth centres
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 04:43:15 PM »
Ah well, that's a different kettle of fish and mostly community centres can't provide the space needed for sport and sport is almost a wing of youth work all on it's own with funding usually coming from a completely different pot. 

If the kids have got steam to let off, then sport's the thing!  But not all are interested in competitive things and did I read somewhere, in 'The Forgotten Years ages that ages 10 - 14  often are growing so quickly that their bones hurt?

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)