Author Topic: Collecting our rubbish weekly  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Bobby Bingo

Re: Collecting our rubbish weekly
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 09:01:44 AM »
I know in the next couple of years ashton keynes will be effectively turned into a landfill site due to the quarrying that happens up there. I know the company there will be moving site in the next twelve months and the remaining pits will be used for landfill

This was discussed some time ago and there were fears of polluting the water course.
Bobby

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 09:22:42 AM »
There was a problem fairly recently with silicon contamination
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline notsochav

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 08:23:39 PM »
thinking about the thermal rotting energy thingy - we know without any doubt our council's track record on these new fangled teknorlogikal doodahs that it does NOT understand and it's ability to be bamboozled by smart talking dodgy businessmen. Here's my suggestion - every time something like this comes along take one of the following courses of action:-

A) Lie down until the irresistible urge to spend other people's money goes away

B) Consult - no - ASK the local people what they think about it (it's their money) and LISTEN.

C) Just give the nice man the money for the magic beans and act huffy if no beanstalk grows.

Sadly our council seems fixated on option C

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 09:46:57 AM »
and additionally for option C Notso do what any financial operation does as a matter of course..........

Stipulate Financial Guarantees on Money Loaned

You know makes sense.............

to everyone but Swindon Borough Council

You could always ask the question why it did not in the case of Wi-fi?

When we are faced with £5.3m worth of cuts £450,000 is significant, well it is to me!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 09:20:58 PM »
Don't care what you all say.

It's feckin burning with a more expensive name.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.