Author Topic: Hospital Parking  (Read 4506 times)

Offline LosttheTrust

• Hello !
Hospital Parking
« on: November 07, 2010, 12:01:05 PM »
A recently announced attempt at social enginerring from the Great Western Hospital which takes away from staff the ability to park more than 6 days in any 10 at an out of town site positioned for its ease of communication on a large green fields site beggars belief.

The only real solution here is to provide multistorey or other parking free of charge to staff on or near the site.

Does our MP have any views on this before chaos at the hospital and any residential parking close by develops...the clock is ticking.

If they cant afford it then get someone in who can - Honda could surely help out?

Offline Ringer

Re: Hospital Parking
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:17:45 PM »
Lostthetrust

Hi

Are you intimidating that they will park in Dorcan, where the local councillor is leader of the council Rod Bluh? If that is the case then he will say it is not his fault, its the trust who are at fault here and are partners with the council. Especially as the council is their parking contractor. I do hope the local MP will do something or he may get blamed for it? I think in parliament Justin Tomlinson claimed credit somewhere or was that the Devizes MP wots'her name?

We shall  just have to see and wait by the implication of your post what happens?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline LosttheTrust

• Hello !
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 01:18:44 PM »
That is an interesting fact and obviously Dorcan will be the nearest  free "car park" to the hospial. Of course a shame that sick people will still be targetted for payments but you can fully understand staff who will not drive into Swindon , drive past the hospital and then think about getting a bus back and the same in reverse and at night.   We expect these people to be there for us when we have the misfortune to require hospital treatment and be fresh and alert, this is not a hospital in the city centre and therefore adequate parking should be provided. Car sharing is not an option for many people and any scheme that forces people into options they dont want is obviously not going to be great on motivation.

A residents only parking scheme for Dorcan....and then what next.     I think free parking exists at the on site "private" wing.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 01:28:04 PM »
That is an interesting fact and obviously Dorcan will be the nearest  free "car park" to the hospial. Of course a shame that sick people will still be targetted for payments but you can fully understand staff who will not drive into Swindon , drive past the hospital and then think about getting a bus back and the same in reverse and at night.   We expect these people to be there for us when we have the misfortune to require hospital treatment and be fresh and alert, this is not a hospital in the city centre and therefore adequate parking should be provided. Car sharing is not an option for many people and any scheme that forces people into options they dont want is obviously not going to be great on motivation.

A residents only parking scheme for Dorcan....and then what next.     I think free parking exists at the on site "private" wing.

Residents parking scheme did you know that the council leader lives in Swindon's best controlled residents parking scheme that was thought up by the Libdem councillors in that area. Robert Buckland MP may have new Libdem councillors in Dorcan soon? Shouldn't bother him he is in the coalition anyway.
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 02:31:55 PM »
 Libdem councillors in Dorcan soon?
Labour adpoted a very strong candidate at their selection meeting on Saturday so expect some shocks Little Boy Bluh
Bobby

Offline LosttheTrust

• Hello !
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 12:40:27 PM »
Hospital Staff parking changes seem to have come off the rails......

Passes and barriers due for end of this month do not seem to have materialised and rumours abound about April or later....

Anyone any the wiser or is this a ploy to offset the implications of a staff revolt with parking in Liden & Coate Water!

The last trust meeting had at least one Trust member who stated the obvious....ie there isnt enough parking space and thats the problem! And one at least who requested minuting that he was against the changes.

Offline PAV

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »
Given the articles in the Advertiser last night, I will reiterate my question from their comments section:

Why don't they build more car parking spaces?

Offline Muggins

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »
Wouldn't worry too much about parking, it won't be long before the hospital closes down anyway. you'll be having your appendix out at your GP surgery.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »
Nope, NHS online.

A handy series of instructions, diagrams and photographs on DIY surgery. It's win-win because the threat of malpractice claims diminishes, also brings new meaning to the 'Physician, heal thyself' quote thingy.

Could be messy if you use the Library to access the Interweb.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »
Yeh, but there would be plenty of the Big society to lend a hand - put's an all new light on Community empowerment and enabling - where's me lancet?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)