Author Topic: Cheney Manor Recycling Centre - Reduced Hours  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
Cheney Manor Recycling Centre - Reduced Hours
« on: October 27, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »
I'm not sure if this is already widely known, but the opening hours for the recycling centre in Cheney Manor are being reduced from the 31st October.  From then on they will close at 6.30pm. 

Does anyone know if this is in response to reduced demand or is it another council cutback?

A few years ago the hours used to be shorter in the winter months, however the signs make no mention of how long this will apply.

As I recall, the current closing time of 9.30pm was suipposed to be all year round and was introduced when it was moved to Cheney Manor and the queues at the site caused problems for the neighbouring businesses.

Offline moley

• Hello !
Re: Cheney Manor Recycling Centre - Reduced Hours
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 07:50:03 PM »
I'm not sure if this is already widely known, but the opening hours for the recycling centre in Cheney Manor are being reduced from the 31st October.  From then on they will close at 6.30pm. 

Does anyone know if this is in response to reduced demand or is it another council cutback?

A few years ago the hours used to be shorter in the winter months, however the signs make no mention of how long this will apply.

As I recall, the current closing time of 9.30pm was suipposed to be all year round and was introduced when it was moved to Cheney Manor and the queues at the site caused problems for the neighbouring businesses.

I can only comment on the couple of times I've gone there in the evenings... on one occasion I was the only car there; the other there were 2 other cars....

6:30 is still later than it used to be?????

Moley

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: Cheney Manor Recycling Centre - Reduced Hours
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:05:21 PM »
Whatever the hours are, it's a tip, always has been, always will be.

Doesn't matter how many frustrated marketing types fiddle with it's nomenclature (40 points, triple word score)
it remains eternally, a tip.

And you are right, get down there at 'funny' hours and you are in and out no problem.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.