Author Topic: Who's a free mason?  (Read 9117 times)

Offline Bobby Bingo

Re: Who's a free mason?
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 09:05:45 AM »
Did David Glaholm set this up before he "left" his lodge?
Bobby

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 02:00:12 PM »
Did David Glaholm set this up before he "left" his lodge?

So Bobby has he been kicked out then?

Nobody has mentioned him for such a long time I had forgotten about him.

Sadly for him he dithered so long he neither got his membeship of the Tories sorted out or his Freedom of the Borough!  This is the price for not deciding which way you face and ending up with nowhere to go! 
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
I know he was suspended for a while and I did hear along the grape vine he has had his membership terminated. He was/is a member of one of the most prestigious and oldest lodges in Swindon. To be removed is one of the worst things that can happen to a member. You must either commit a very serious offence, one that brings your lodge into disrepute, or a series of small ones.
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »
Oh, we don't need any old Mason to set up our own secret society! The skills are right here in our own community. Trouble is I'm a well known self admitted blabber mouth, basically can't remember where I heard things so can't remeber to keep quiet about it.

At the time of David's troubles (nearly as lengthy and vociferous as those in Ireland!) he spent a lot of time telling people about them.  I understood that David had been suspended from his lodge but had been let bck in some time later.   I beleived this because 1. I couldnt give a tinkers cuss whether he was one or not! 2. He would keep on and on until he got what he wanted, unless i was right behind him scuppering his plans!!  :)  I heard recently that he had been allowed back in but not in Swindon. 

David so wanted to be Mayor and he got there.  He so wanted his Freedom of the Borough, I wonder how come he didn't get that he must have tried very  hard.  Whatever, it didn't get him very far did it?
Know Your Circle:  Make sure everybody in your 'boat' is rowing and not drilling holes when you're not looking.  Stevemariboli.com

Offline louisep887

• Hello !
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 07:48:09 AM »
Councillors have to declare a membership to the masons if it is a NON - Charitable members if its charitable they done have to declare. Also Chief Executives and Directors have to declare membership to a Masons lodge but again I don't think they have to declare if its charitable, Directors and Chief Executives also have to declare if any friends or family are members of the masons, Police force and Armed forces.

Councillors under the SBC code of conduct have to register membership of ANY body directed to charitable purposes of which they are a member or in a position of general control or management.

http://ww5.swindon.gov.uk/moderngov/Published/C00000282/M00002946/AI00011981/$Appx1NewModelCode.docA.ps.pdf

which includes local and national charities like the National Trust etc.

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks for the post.

Administrator Comment Spam Link removed

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:47:09 PM by Dougal »

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 09:31:33 AM »
Tried to use it just now and access is denied!!

How very interesting!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Online Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010, 09:35:27 AM »
Same here Richard! I have found through my searches, on topics various to do with dodgy dealings, that often sites that provide "fruity" information soon disappear when they get discussed openly.
My motto now is, "cut and paste them as soon as I find them".
What's it all about?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010, 11:05:24 AM »
Same here Richard! I have found through my searches, on topics various to do with dodgy dealings, that often sites that provide "fruity" information soon disappear when they get discussed openly.
My motto now is, "cut and paste them as soon as I find them".

Has anybody done just that in which I case I hope they will share.

and they wonder why we are all becoming so parnoid!!

Offline Rochelle

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 11:23:10 AM »
Joy...a secret society I can belong to at last...hope the initiation ceremony isn't too scary...I can eat 5 knickerbocker glories ( or similar) in a row but can't cope with spiders...

Offline Martin Wicks

• Personal Website
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 11:51:02 AM »
Sadly Rochelle I think nature has dealt you a poor hand (so far as joining the Masons is concerned). I understand you need to wear trousers and have what might be described as different equipment, though they would probably let you do the tea and sandwiches.

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 12:02:02 PM »
Never understood the masons, reminds me of 'the hair club for men'
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
I heard recently that he had been allowed back in but not in Swindon. 

:-X
I know he was suspended for a while and I did hear along the grape vine he has had his membership terminated. He was/is a member of one of the most prestigious and oldest lodges in Swindon. To be removed is one of the worst things that can happen to a member. You must either commit a very serious offence, one that brings your lodge into disrepute, or a series of small ones.

Not Quite :-X

Tried to use it just now and access is denied!!

How very interesting!!

Try copying and pasting the link into the address bar I think the "$" stops it working as a link
http://ww5.swindon.gov.uk/moderngov/Published/C00000282/M00002946/AI00011981/$Appx1NewModelCode.docA.ps.pdf

Never understood the masons, reminds me of 'the hair club for men'

Some organisation base learning and procedures on allegories and metaphors purely so that the deeper meaning has more impact and is not clear to the unenlightened.

Many blindfold candidates prior to taking an oath and the removal of the blindfold symbolic that they have received enlightenment and are entitled to receive futher enlightenment as time goes by.

Do Freemasons roll up their trouser leg or bare their breast? Yes
Why.

They only do so at the specific time of taking an oath. This is because the room which freemasons use is considered to be a temple and therefore holy ground. The allegoric ceremonies that are performed date back many centuries and is was customary to do so at the time and has not been felt necessary to change them even though the standards of the world have moved on.
The easiest explanation is here.
http://hubpages.com/hub/barebreast

Offline Muggins

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 02:17:39 PM »
Yeh, learned all that from Dan Browns 'The Lost symbol' 

What a bitter disappointment that book was.

"Some organisation base learning and procedures on allegories and metaphors purely so that the deeper meaning has more impact and is not clear to the unenlightened."

That's how come they can't understand a word we are saying!.
Know Your Circle:  Make sure everybody in your 'boat' is rowing and not drilling holes when you're not looking.  Stevemariboli.com

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 07:40:26 PM »
Bogomil.....wasn't bogomil a secret society aswell?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline chrisp

• Hello !
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 10:53:24 PM »
why so much concern over who is a mason? let them kiss turkeys if they want to

Offline Muggins

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 08:59:22 AM »
Because they support each other first, rather than the electorate?

Perhaps discussion that should be held in public are held in private?

Not saying they are, but the potential is there.

Offline poemogram

• Hello !
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 09:41:37 AM »
the cement of society

free mason
imprisoned electorate
free mason
incarcerated electorate
free mason
emasculated electorate

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »

Muggins, what bo££ocks, seek and thee shall find the truth (but you won’t find it in books from the likes of Dan Brown)

Indeed they were,

The Bogomils declared themselves against the dogma of the Church, the lavish decorations, the hypocrisy, greed and strive for power of the clergy, the merge between the church and the tsar’s power.

The Bogomils appealed for bringing back the virtues of real Christianity – kindness, humility, helping others, equal rights and lawfulness, abandon of opulence, admiration for human labour, dignity and high morals.

They stood against the immoralities of the state and thereby became enemies of those using state power for their own ends.

Too often less enlighten people like to condemn that which they do not know or understand because they are outsiders and, for whatever reasons, will never be allowed to gain true enlightenment. This condemnation itself demonstrates, at least in part, why they are not fit to become enlightened.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 09:50:46 AM »

Muggins, what bo££ocks, seek and thee shall find the truth (but you won’t find it in books from the likes of Dan Brown)

Indeed they were,

The Bogomils declared themselves against the dogma of the Church, the lavish decorations, the hypocrisy, greed and strive for power of the clergy, the merge between the church and the tsar’s power.

The Bogomils appealed for bringing back the virtues of real Christianity – kindness, humility, helping others, equal rights and lawfulness, abandon of opulence, admiration for human labour, dignity and high morals.

They stood against the immoralities of the state and thereby became enemies of those using state power for their own ends.

An eastern european version of Lutheranism perhaps
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Online Tobes

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 11:18:37 AM »

NOT bollocks. Sure, the fantasies of weird cult like behaviour and strange religious practices might be the stuff of fantasy, but just look at who joins the freemasons (as far as anyone can tell). What do THEY think they get out of it? Why do we honestly think they join? Charity? There are plenty of charities like the Lions which exist to do good works, who aren't linked with the suggestion of mutual favours, and who conduct their meetings in public.

I know that you could claim that there's a parallel with all sorts of other organisations - in as much that conversations could be had and priviledged information shared between members - however, as the masons conduct themselves from within a veil of secrecy, a member of the public will never be able to find out precisely what was discussed and what favours have been exchanges between (as they themselves describe) this 'society of friends'. And lets say you, as an ordinary member of the public want to join - how open is membership, eh? I seem to remember a little concept called 'blackballing'.

Sorry - virtually all of the freemasons I've known seem to have revelled in their little business boys 'secret seven' status - and even if I'm absolutely wrong about the nature of nepotism and advantage that membership of such a body might give someone, the fact that the clear possibility exists means that I believe that politicians ought to be obliged to state their membership in their declaration of interests.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'