Author Topic: Justin Tomlinson MP - his first 6 months what has he done.  (Read 11189 times)

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
Re: Justin Tomlinson MP - his first 6 months what has he done.
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 12:10:22 AM »
Des, do they have a post office now in Moredon?!!.

Yes

Rodbourne Cheyney, Moredon on Purton Road, Cheyney Manor.

It's there alright, I still get my Road Tax there.
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Ringer

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 10:01:02 AM »
It's there alright, I still get my Road Tax there.

TB is that the same one that the conservatives stirred it up against Michael Wills MP? Yet you confirm it is still open or was it just a funny old political game that the conservatives were playing at the time? 

I like this comment from the link below
Coun Des Moffat (Lab, Western) said: "I haven't given up. If this information is true then it just an absolutely stupid decision.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/archive/2008/02/22/Save+Our+Post+Office+Campaign+%28gazette_news_postoffice%29/2064783.Last_post_for_two_Swindon_post_offices_/

Did Des Moffatt save it or was it Michael Wills?  if you read this article the only one in the North is Cheyney Manor, the others I think are in the south except for Lydiard, which is in North Wiltshire.
Mr Wills said: "What matters is to save services for the vulnerable locally.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/2140748.Town_MPs_vote_to_shut_post_offices/

But as you can see from the following conservative leaflet who was it Justin or Peter Heaton Jones  Western Candidate 
"Peter Heaton-Jones, Conservative candidate for Western at the Swindon Borough Council election on May 1, said, “Cheney Manor Road post office is one of those facing closure.  Local people have done everything possible to save it, but the consultation exercise was a complete sham.  This is a chance to stop the entire closure programme, but Labour MPs must have the guts to support the Conservative motion”.

As tea boy gets his tax there all I can say is well done but where were the LibDems on this one? I wonder who took the photo of this group of conservative cllrs looking grim outside that post office?

14/03/08 - Conservatives Challenge Swindon Labour MP's Over Post Office Closures

Here is the link
http://www.swindonconservatives.com/news/551/
Conservatives Challenge Labour Over Post Office Closures

Swindon Conservatives have issued a challenge to the town’s Labour MPs: vote to save our local post offices, not to save the Government’s skin.

Next week, MPs will debate a Conservative motion calling for an end to the Government’s programme of branch closures.  Labour MPs are expected to be ‘whipped’ – forced to vote against the motion – to spare the Government further embarrassment.

But Swindon’s prospective Conservative MPs say if the town’s two Labour members don’t support the motion, they will be letting down their communities.  And they’re urging residents to write to Michael Wills and Anne Snelgrove asking them to support the Conservative move.

Justin Tomlinson, Conservative Parliamentary candidate for North Swindon, said, “This is a real test for our Labour MPs.  How serious are they about saving the Swindon post offices being axed by the Government?  If they don’t vote to suspend the closure programme, we’ll know they think politics is more important than people.”

Robert Buckland, Conservative Parliamentary candidate for South Swindon, said, “As many people as possible should write to Mr Wills and Ms Snelgrove asking them to support the Conservatives in next Wednesday’s vote.  This could be our last chance to save Swindon’s post offices from the Government’s axe”.

Peter Heaton-Jones, Conservative candidate for Western at the Swindon Borough Council election on May 1, said, “Cheney Manor Road post office is one of those facing closure.  Local people have done everything possible to save it, but the consultation exercise was a complete sham.  This is a chance to stop the entire closure programme, but Labour MPs must have the guts to support the Conservative motion”.

The bit Peter mentions about consultation was a complete sham he may be referring to an issue at the time I think there was mention that council did not receive the consultation letter on the post office closures at the time or in time? Maybe Des can cast some light on it?

To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
I saw in this week's Private Eye (page 9) an article about Chris Kelly, the Member of Parliament for Dudley South. The Eye claims that he isn't doing too well at his job. It also repeats a story that he is a friend of one Justin Tomlinson. Surely not one and the same?

Hooray!!!
What's it all about?

Offline Ringer

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 10:06:27 AM »
Do you think they share the odd kebab together now and again?  :D
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Outoftowner

• Hello !
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »
A Kebab and a bottle of Bolly. That's the way to show that you are men of the people!
What's it all about?