Author Topic: Moredon A Bye Election To Inject New Dynamism & Enthusiam into Council?  (Read 10503 times)

Offline chrisp

• Hello !
Re: Moredon A Bye Election To Inject New Dynamism & Enthusiam into Council?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 11:02:10 PM »
where is this place. haven't heard a peep

Offline chrisp

• Hello !
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »
i heard both of them live near london so why bring them up? :spin:

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: Toby's Nightmare as he attempts New Dynamism & Enthusiam into Council?
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »
Would this be Toby's worst nightmare and the  Libdem silver dream glitter in their hands whoop whoop result? However if it is; it will it still be a   :wakeup: its a coalition for the people of Swindon? http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/news/Lib-Dem-s-Chris-Coleman-wins-Cheltenham-Borough-Council-seat-Springbank/article-2815096-detail/article.html

Anyway Cheltenham's Springbank ward is a long way from Moredon's borders :coffee:

NB LibDems were down 1% Tories were down 16% but Labour were up 13%
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Whipling

• Hello !
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 01:08:32 PM »
I used to do some work up there in Cheltenham, and the town pretty much tends to be in it's own climate there. Springbank's population makes it pretty much a LD safe seat. The Tories discounted it in their general election plans when they had decent money floating around--so what's to say they didn't this time too? Whilst Labour is counted as credible or powerful as the Greens, so its interesting to see their rise.

I think if we can read anything from that, it's that our chief non-government parties i.e. Labour, Independents, might be in for a big bump in Moredon?

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 07:56:28 PM »
David Milliband's free at the moment

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/david_miliband/south_shields#expenses

Oh I think not.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 09:35:35 AM »
I used to do some work up there in Cheltenham, and the town pretty much tends to be in it's own climate there. Springbank's population makes it pretty much a LD safe seat. The Tories discounted it in their general election plans when they had decent money floating around--so what's to say they didn't this time too? Whilst Labour is counted as credible or powerful as the Greens, so its interesting to see their rise.

I think if we can read anything from that, it's that our chief non-government parties i.e. Labour, Independents, might be in for a big bump in Moredon?

Whippy
Cheltenham was tory once just like Moredon, which has been both labour and tory during this century. A libdem to join the conservative councillors in the same division? A thought to savour, but you never know the larger group of libdem councillors being driven by their recently found impetus may yet do something incredible in Moredon?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Whipling

• Hello !
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 11:44:57 PM »

Whippy
Cheltenham was tory once just like Moredon, which has been both labour and tory during this century.

Hey Ringer, nah! I actually meant the Springbank ward in Cheltenham! The wider constituency--pfft. Nigel Jones attacked. John Taylor's selection. That could merit a rather long, rather up and down history all of itself!

--Other news, Moredon's gone red with a large vote also for UKIP...So, I proudly stand by my predictions. Tories did well though...very well all considering. And commiserations to Chris Watts, squeezed outside. Though I'm sure his hard work won't go unnoticed.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 12:27:14 AM »

And commiserations to Chris Watts, squeezed outside. Though I'm sure his hard work won't go unnoticed.

I think that there has been a terrible terrible mis-understanding.

This is me after the election.
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.