Author Topic: Early Warning: SBC Leisure Centre Staff Working To Rule?  (Read 12626 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Early Warning: SBC Leisure Centre Staff Working To Rule?
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2010, 10:20:16 PM »

I suggest that if there were to be a large crowd it would intimidate them a bit and make them unfortable so who is going to organise it?

and it would get in the news - and Labour do have a bye election to fight in Moredon don't they?

Don't organise anything in plain sight on an open forum  ;)

Come and see me after School.....

Offline Muggins

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 09:01:25 AM »
The poll tax 'riot'. About then I wasn't particularly that active, but it was costing us a small fortune. A younger friend of mine really wanted to go, so I got us both a lift from a relation who was supposed to drop us off and then go - he stayed out of curiousity. Expecting a very large crowd, the council had rigged up a loudspeaker for those of us who couldn't get inside to the public galleries.  Some chap was sat on a windowsill at some point he just elbowed the window behind him and it smashed.  There was some anger in the outdoor crowd and they 'rushed' the door, we took it that they had bashed it down and there was some fuss in the press about that.(vandalism etc)  It was pretty obvious that the door had been open and they had been let in.  As it happened I stayed outside and also had cause to be at the Civic the next day - there was no damage to the door and no repairs had been made to it.  So the 'riot' amounted to one broken window by a chap working under his own agenda and a few people heckling the council from the balcony.  Somewhere there is a film of it, I wonder if it's up on Swindon viewpoint? It looked like an impressive riot on the tele.

Talkswindon is not the only place were this amount of disquiet is being talked about - it won't be for TS to organise a demonstration that's already bubbling up in other quarters.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 08:13:22 PM »
Don't organise anything in plain sight on an open forum

Council policy I believe, s'cunning that, fighting fire with fire.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 08:15:49 AM »
No fear Mart, if I had anything to do with organising or supporting anything like this, it would be in the open, after all that's been thrown at us, I would savour the thought of a few people losing sleep over what 'might' happen.

The thought of it is always ten times more than what actually happens, Sometimes the 'what might happen' means the result comes faster and without the need to demonstrate.

Those that don't worry are not worth the bother of secrecy anyway.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Drone

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 06:36:28 AM »
The strikes have now been running for three weeks...

Firstly, has the union managed to re-open negotiations over allowances, and second, will they continue striking on this issue now that serious job cuts are predicted?
derp derp herp herp derp