Author Topic: Who is Rikki Hunt?  (Read 67979 times)

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: Who is Rikki Hunt?
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 08:12:48 AM »
That's quite a list Komadori, do you know how many of them still exist and how successful they were?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »

(Why Gav-the-Rocker? Cool nick name)

Gav-the-Rocker?
Too cool for his lycras. See his own deeply disturbing desire of the dream job.....
http://www.swindonweb.com/?m=2&s=625&ss=627&c=4373&t=Hot+seat+-+Gavin+Jones

Offline roborant

• Hello !
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 12:32:34 PM »
Mart & Komadori have supplied long lists.

But I'm still not sure what this person [Is it a man?] does.

And you don’t mention degrees / qualifications. 

Conjuring tricks are a craft, of course.

Offline roborant

• Hello !
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »
This thread was not intended to be about someone called Gavin - but about 'someone called Rikki'.

Offline Drone

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 01:29:02 PM »
http://www.swindonweb.com/job/index.asp?m=1159&s=0&ss=0&c=6395

"I tell my kids to chill out. You're going to work until you're 70, so you might as well take the time out now to enjoy yourself.

"I've been in work since I was 15, and I'll be in it 'til I'm 100. That's just me."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creating-Thinking-Organization-Groundrules-Success/dp/0566082306
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Drone

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 01:33:07 PM »
1 March 2006

A father and son have set up a UK online auction site they hope will eventually rival eBay.

Hunt For It, which goes live today, hopes to woo sellers from other auction sites by offering various sweeteners. Top of the list is free item listing. The founders, Rikki Hunt and his 16-year old son Martin, claim an estimated 52 per cent of all paid for item listings on eBay are never sold so sellers on Hunt For It won't waste money if they fail to find a buyer.

Sellers will also keep more of the proceeds of a sale as Hunt For It commission rates can be lower than their rivals. For example on items costing £15.01 up to £600, Hunt For It will charge three per cent commission; around one per cent less than many auction sites.

In addition sellers can make extra money if buyers use the site's SMS service to make bids. Unlike eBay, which has an exclusive tie up with O2, the Hunt For It service allows buyers on any network to bid for any item via text.

This service will cost the bidder 25 pence plus their normal network charges. Of the 25 pence fee charged by Hunt For It, the seller receives five pence which is automatically credited to their account.

Can't find 'Hunt for it' anywhere!!
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 01:50:13 PM »
This thread was not intended to be about someone called Gavin - but about 'someone called Rikki'.

Yes. Apols.
Assumed that by now the answer had been established as a bit of a chancer really.

Yards of resume material but no commendations.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 03:47:29 PM »

Yes. Apols.
Assumed that by now the answer had been established as a bit of a chancer really.

Yards of resume material but no commendations.

Ditto, I consider myself suitably  :bottom:
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline roborant

• Hello !
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »
What is Rikki's job?
What is his position?
Is Rikki a 'freelancer'?

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »
What is Rikki's job?

Rikki has many jobs and is a member of many boards. Currently his most prevalent and talk about positions are:

Managing Director of Digital City (The WiFi company in receipt of £400,000 SBC loan, using delegate powers under the auspice of town centre regeneration, and free SBC office space in the Murray John Building)
Managing Director of Avidity Consulting Ltd (Allegedly selling or has sold consultancy into Digital City)
Chairman of the SSEP ( http://www.ssep.org.uk/ssep/ssep-about.htm )
Non-Exec Director Forward Swindon (Charged with the regeneration of the Town Centre.)

Although his property connections are also being discussed.

What is his position?

As above

Is Rikki a 'freelancer'?

In as much as any self employed businessman.

Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 10:02:58 PM »

...and he is currently trying quite hard to get himself on another board, with the help of his old mate Roderick Bluh:

I warn you before hand, there's enough bollocks being spake in this document to make you gag....

http://www.fsb.org.uk/119/assets/gsw%20lep%20eoi%20final%20sept2010.pdf

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »
According to the latest published minutes of the http://www.ssep.org.uk/ssep_board_mins_21_may_09.pdf (which are a year old!) he is also chairman of Cipol Energy Limited!!!

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 10:13:36 PM »

...and he is currently trying quite hard to get himself on another board, with the help of his old mate Roderick Bluh:

I warn you before hand, there's enough bollocks being spake in this document to make you gag....

I glazed over after 30 seconds...  :wakeup:

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »

Did Rod sign it because I could not identify a signature?

and how much did it cost us to publish all that stuff - in the current economic climate will it actually pay for itself in jobs?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 10:21:42 PM »

I read this document and asked the hypothetical question  "if I were setting up a new business in this area, how would this organization be able to help me?".  Haven't come up with an answer yet.... might be interesting if the question ceased to be hypothetical.

Moley

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 12:21:53 AM »

The SSEP is in a privileged position with early access to new business that wants to set up in the borough. From what I heard, the first stab at an LEP for Swindon was to take the SSEP and change the second letter from an S to an L. Job done, business as usual, let's order new stationary.

Apparently, Pickles was having none of this and sent it back requesting that 50% of the board is to be made up of local business and the inclusion of non-profit organisation such as the FSB. As you can imagine, this was a bit of a slap in the face for the usual suspects ie. the  Chamber, GWE etc.

Add to this the forced merger with the Wiltshire and Gloucester LEPs and you have a roost full of cocks and only one can be Foghorn Leghorn. I am sure that Rod will be working hard to get his cock into the prime position. Plenty at stake with, potentially, a big pot of cash to control.

Offline Drone

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 09:33:26 AM »
I did notice the stats on emplyment and unemployment which (to me) seemed fairly shocking:

17.5% of 16-19 year olds are unemployed
13% of 20-26 year olds are unemployed.

So...the inclusion of this data suggests this proposed new organisation sees this as something it can tackle. How? I'm still waiting to spot one of the fifty new apprenticeships that Rikki 'n' Rod promised they would create in the private sector. Has the SSEP actively helped create employment during their time? If not, how do they think this new organisation will?

It's back to this rather strange view of capitalism and the state, in which state-funded bodies staffed by unaccountable private individuals somehow convince use all they can influence the private sector.
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »
Many years ago I read somewhere that if every small business employed just one extra person there would be no unemployment so why are we messing around with these highly paid marketing people?

Instead of spending £4.9m on paving slabs and le pissoir just help small businesses with the horendous rates on start up and get some activity into some of those empty shops ala Theatre Square where not even Oxfam seem to be able to survive?  There are also an increasing number of empty ones in Old Town and what are these people doing about it - apparently nothing?

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »
What is Rikki's job?
What is his position?
Is Rikki a 'freelancer'?

More like a freeloader

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2010, 12:13:05 PM »
I did notice the stats on emplyment and unemployment which (to me) seemed fairly shocking:

17.5% of 16-19 year olds are unemployed
13% of 20-26 year olds are unemployed.

So...the inclusion of this data suggests this proposed new organisation sees this as something it can tackle. How? I'm still waiting to spot one of the fifty new apprenticeships that Rikki 'n' Rod promised they would create in the private sector. Has the SSEP actively helped create employment during their time? If not, how do they think this new organisation will?

It's back to this rather strange view of capitalism and the state, in which state-funded bodies staffed by unaccountable private individuals somehow convince use all they can influence the private sector.

Exactly, I have trawled the SSEP web site and can not find a tangible example of what has been achieved. You would expect to see some success stories along the lines of "we launched such and such project last year that to date has created so many jobs" or "After the thingamybob campaign we liaised with several companies who have since relocated or opened offices in Swindon and created much employement."

In fairness, they have created a business charter and the web site is very good at pointing you to other organisations. ::)

Perhaps there are an abundance of examples and they are a little shy at communicating these successes. Or perhaps it is a talking shop for professional meeting goers to get a free lunch and build up there own business contacts.