Author Topic: I'm Not a Republican  (Read 645 times)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
I'm Not a Republican
« on: September 06, 2010, 09:32:49 PM »
But, saw this ia someones tagline on ARRSE. Made oi larff.

We should remember the tremendous contribution of the Queen Mother to the war effort:
As the BBC pointed out, she 'bravely remained in London beside her husband' during the war.
This contrasts sharply with the actions of my grandfather who, on the declaration of war immediately left his wife and children and pissed off, first to France, then North Africa, Italy, France (again) and finally Germany.
The shame will always be with us.

Then I read this, and thought, mmm, if consultants were in charge.

'What if, instead of "We shall fight them on the beaches", I had said,
"Hostilities will be engaged with our adversary on the coastal perimeter"?
Winston Churchill

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Drone

Re: I'm Not a Republican
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:33:24 AM »
But, saw this ia someones tagline on ARRSE. Made oi larff.

We should remember the tremendous contribution of the Queen Mother to the war effort:
As the BBC pointed out, she 'bravely remained in London beside her husband' during the war.
This contrasts sharply with the actions of my grandfather who, on the declaration of war immediately left his wife and children and pissed off, first to France, then North Africa, Italy, France (again) and finally Germany.
The shame will always be with us.

Well, night after night during the Blitz she did single-handedly man a solid gold gatling gun to keep our skies safe...
derp derp herp herp derp