Author Topic: SBC Management Structure - Request For Information  (Read 14744 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: SBC Management Structure - Request For Information
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 05:38:40 PM »
Neither, the sort of cluster that breaks Swindon up into either 7 (CPCP) or 4 (Locality Teams) or is it 2 now?  Or schools.

Either way the idea seemed to appear in Swindon about the same time he did.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 06:12:52 PM »
Did something with clusters up there.

Bombs or those honey nut things?

If his number of motorway commuting miles and blood pressure increases piles will become a worrying possibility for him  :-X

Lamplighters Jacqueline and Hawthorn informs us that Mr Gilbert spends much of his time commuting from Shropshire to Swindon and that he is alleged to be the only SBC Director to have received a pay rise this year.

Perhaps his pay rise was needed to cover the rising costs of his commute from Shropshire to Swindon.

This thread regarding Mr Gilbert mat be of some interest: SBC 2010 Budget Crisis: School Redundancies planned for nearly 12 months?

I'm getting more hints about some other non-dom directors now,  Sara Tough and Ian Bickerton have cropped up more than once.

If you're a newlt arrived reader of Talkswindon, tale a quick peek at the Swindon Lamplighters Webpage and, if you feel there's something we should know and you want to share it, (in complete confidence), email it to: leaks@talkswindon.org

Offline Drone

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »
What about Matt Gott? (not Goss) He's Director of Community and Something. He's one of the new directors who seems to have appeared on the scene in the last few months...
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline poemogram

• Hello !
Re: SBC Management Structure - R F I - is Hitesh still employ
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 06:56:26 PM »
is he ?

out of interest

cheers

Tony

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 07:15:38 PM »
What about Matt Gott?

Bath*, I think.

* Would welcome confirmation from a Lamplighter/Councillor/Officer

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 08:06:21 PM »
Hat-Tip to Swindon Lamplighter News-Hack, who would like to point us towards this Swindon Advertiser article Swindon Council Reveals Accounts, which was published on the 3rd of August 2010

Quote from: Charley Morgan
Director of children’s services John Gilbert was given a £8,145 pay rise in 2009/10.

Charley also reports that:

Gavin Jones, was paid a salary of £178,476 in 2009/10

Tory leader, Rod Bluh, was paid a total of £28,579.42  (This figure does not include allowances and expenses he receives from other outside bodies of which he sits)

Five other directors at the council each received a salary of between £100,000 and £140,000.

Five members of staff who are paid between £95,000 and £99,000

Two members of staff who are paid £90,000 to £94,000

Six members of staff paid between £85,000 to £89,000.

One Hundred and Ninetween staff (119) earning between £50,000 and £85,000.

The council is required by law to name anyone who is paid more than £150,000 and also has to publish the positions that are paid more than £100,000.

It must also show the number of employees paid more than £50,000.

We are still interested in learning how many of the above staff live live in other Boroughs/Cities and whose wages are therefore paid from Swindon Council Tax payers but benefit local economies other than Swindon.  I do accept CoOT's point below....

Yes I agree we should encourage everybody to live in swindon however I think legally  (with certain exceptions about been on call etc) you cannot discriminate where people live for a job.

...but when viewed against the political backdrop of Cameron's coallition government demonising over-paid and over-pensioned public sector workers, I think we're fully entitled to seek a sense of perspective on who is, and who is not, an 'average' public sector worker in the Borough.

It occurs to me that the 'average' public sector worker is not particularly well paid or well pensioned yet it will be them that suffer the brunt of redundancies while the non-dom Directors remain in post, (complete with large salaries and pensions), facilitating those local cuts and local job losses, yet the local economy of the Borough of Swindon doesn't benefit from most of their salaries.

In this economic climate and when the government says it wants to truly 'localise' local government I think there's something very wrong with this picture. 

Offline Muggins

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »
Perhaps another tier of nondom 'management' to look at might be headteachers.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 08:17:20 PM »
Bingo...

I recall when the Administration was telling us how important it was that as many council pounds should be spent locally. Perhaps in an austerity period there should be a drive to spend more locally.

I have always supported that principle since I was first elected to office.

Yes. I support this view entirely.

I refuse to accept that 'talent' is not available locally and I struggle to accept that non-dom Directors are fully 'committed' to the Borough when they live so far away.

CoOT's point is valid enough, however, in my industry where you live is considered very important because it potentially affects your punctuality, how tired you may be at the start of the working day and therefore how efficiently you can function when you get there.

If I asked for a pay rise to compensate me for the commuting distance that I travelled to work I'd be told, in no uncertain terms, to piss off.

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 08:31:17 PM »
I wonder if it is possible  that the word nom dom will have a whole new  meaning attached to it soon?  Also I wonder if it will  appear on an election  leaflet coming through your letterbox soon?   :coffee:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
If I asked for a pay rise to compensate me for the commuting distance that I travelled to work I'd be told, in no uncertain terms, to piss off.

I suspect that the newer managers/directors  will have negoiated some generous travelling and other 'relocation' expenses a loose-loose situation for both swindon and the environment. 

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »
Bingo...

I recall when the Administration was telling us how important it was that as many council pounds should be spent locally. Perhaps in an austerity period there should be a drive to spend more locally.

I have always supported that principle since I was first elected to office.

Yes. I support this view entirely.

I refuse to accept that 'talent' is not available locally and I struggle to accept that non-dom Directors are fully 'committed' to the Borough when they live so far away.

CoOT's point is valid enough, however, in my industry where you live is considered very important because it potentially affects your punctuality, how tired you may be at the start of the working day and therefore how efficiently you can function when you get there.

With most directors now being able to work from home thanks to the 'new ways of working' IT solutions, I bet many don't even come into Swindon unless they have to.

Also why are hiring more directors and facing 30% cut backs to me this is just a sign that the front line is going to take the hit. While senior management are protected.
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 09:20:28 AM »
Non Dom Directors brings to mind Condom Directors. More is the pity their fathers failed to use them!
Bobby

Offline Drone

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 06:55:34 AM »
I've always felt the real motivation for Swindon's over ambitious regeneration plans were to create a Swindon that even it's council directors would be willing to live in.

While it would be nice to see everyone within the Borough, there is a difference between living in Wootton Bassett and, say, Shropshire. If nothing else, WB-ers do have to read the same awful local paper as Swindon! Living in Shropshire and Chepstowe shows abasolutely no commitment or emotional connection with the area these people work. Worse, if you are prepared to commute 3-4 hours a dayto make your £100,000, the word mercenary springs to mind.
derp derp herp herp derp

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 01:44:48 PM »

Bump - relevent due to: Swindon - The Opera

It would help if all Swindon residents worked in Swindon and/or all people worked here and slept somewhere else, it would help even more if 25% of our population settled down and stopped moving in and out. 

Then we would have a less transient population and when planning the town (at meetings) those meetings were populated with people who actually live here. 

There are never more than a 1/4 of people who either live here, or jobs depend on the outcome of said meeting at them and they end up planning our town and pontificating on it.