Author Topic: SBC Management Structure - Request For Information  (Read 17585 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
SBC Management Structure - Request For Information
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:47:45 PM »

I'm not sure that the SBC management structure is accurately represented by the picture below, (although it was produced in May 2010)

e.g, Has Hitesh Patel recently replaced jack Markiewicz as HR director?

What other 'movements' have quietly taken place without the relevent informational material being updated?

Any hints, tips, internal gossip gratefully received at leaks@talkswindon.org  (anonymity & discretion assured)

Offline Jarvis

Re: SBC Management Structure - Request For Information
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »

Hitesh Patel has been handed the Black Spot of the HR dept.  By xmas he'll be the most hated man in Swindon.

Lucky for him he lives in Chepstow.

Offline Francoise De Lampe

• Oui, nous pouvons !
  • Francoise et sa lanterne magique !
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »

Several contributions received from new contributors to the growing number of Swindon Lamplighters.  I am now returned from France and have a catch-up meeting scheduled with Geoff this morning.

thank you all  :angel:

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:12:58 AM »

This is turning out to be a more interesting tale than I'd anticipated  :)

Francoise, the kettle is on, so whenever you're ready....

Offline Monkey Boy

• Hello !
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »
Well, Bill Cotton for one moved across to Forward Swindon and is no longer an employee of SBC n'est pas?

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 09:41:05 PM »

Hitesh Patel has been handed the Black Spot of the HR dept.  By xmas he'll be the most hated man in Swindon.

Lucky for him he lives in Chepstow.

So just how many top directors live in Swindon then? Can anyone name them , especially in view of how the present shower are in charge of making Swindon 'better'.

at least councillors live here....
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 10:07:57 PM »

So just how many top directors live in Swindon then? Can anyone name them , especially in view of how the present shower are in charge of making Swindon 'better'.

Gavin Jone - Chiseldon

Celia Carrington - Bath

Hitesh 'I didn't know I was a Director of Digital City even though I regularly updated my linkedin profile to say I was a director' Patel - Chepstow

Steven Taylor - Stockbridge way I think

John Gilbert - Haven't a clue

As for the rest, it'd be interesting to know whether their wages are spent within the Borough, helping the borough's economy, or elsewhere:  leaks@talkswindon.org

Had an interesting p.o.v put to me regarding SBC Directors wages the other day. I'm considering how to blog/post it.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
A very interesting suggestion was made to me the other day and it would save a fortune.

For those members of the executive earning over £50k who can afford to commute to the Borough should in fact be made redundant first.

Is there now going to be a mad rush to move to Swindon to prove their loyalty?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 01:39:16 PM »

Thanks to Swindon Lamplighter HP Sauce for sending Francoise some more info via leaks@talkswindon.org

Gavin Jone - Chiseldon

Celia Carrington - Bath

Hitesh 'I didn't know I was a Director of Digital City even though I regularly updated my linkedin profile to say I was a director' Patel - Chepstow

Steven Taylor - Stockbridge way I think

John Gilbert - I still haven't a clue

Bernie Brannan - Wooton Bassett

Stuart McKeller - Bracknell

Bill Cotton   - Box

Dave Potter - Lechlade

Jean Pollard - Bristol way

Matt Gott - Bath

Not many of them live locally, do they?

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »

Not many of them live locally, do they?

and are thereby committed to Swindon as a nice place to live as well as work.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Alex

• Alex Coppock-Bunce Hypnotherapy & Counselling
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 03:45:22 PM »
Time to make working and living in the same community a minimum requirement for people who "manage" the community.

Also a very green exercise to earn their green credentials..

To earn their salaries they should be able to either walk to work or use public transport and lead by example. :popcorn:

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 10:18:44 PM »
I could walk to work, but I would be very late.

I could take public transport to work, but I would be even later and significantly poorer.

However.

I am not a pillar of the community with vibrating visions espousing Swindon as an industrial hotspot, a retail mecca and the residential jewel in the M4 corridor. At best I am a soakaway on the fringes rather than a pillar. Maybe an acro for a fleeting moment or two.

Seems to me that wafting in and out of Swindon from your more desirable location in your Audi / Prius / Beemer doesn't send out the right message to us oiks.

Not like Mugabe lives in Putney is it?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 10:22:01 PM »
Time to make working and living in the same community a minimum requirement for people who "manage" the community.

Also a very green exercise to earn their green credentials..

To earn their salaries they should be able to either walk to work or use public transport and lead by example. :popcorn:

I've been saying for a long time that our town would be a lot nicer if the people who run things like buses and public highways were also people who get around mainly by bus, foot and bike, and therefore had an understanding of the issues facing those people.

Seems to me that wafting in and out of Swindon from your more desirable location in your Audi / Prius / Beemer doesn't send out the right message to us oiks.
:agreed:
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 10:53:31 PM »

Interesting point Alex which reminds me of my Mother's Cousin who was Borough Surveyor at Burclere just outside Newbury.  When he took up the post in 1960 he was told he had to live in Hampshire, his employer, and was thus precluded from buying anything in Newbury.

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 10:56:36 PM »

Interesting point Alex which reminds me of my Mother's Cousin who was Borough Surveyor at Burclere just outside Newbury.  When he took up the post in 1960 he was told he had to live in Hampshire, his employer, and was thus precluded from buying anything in Newbury.

I've always felt the tax system should encourage *everyone* to live closer to their work - because it would help cut rush hour traffic significantly for those who can't (e.g. it may be difficult for both partners to live close to their jobs).

Moley

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Request For Information - John Gilbert
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 04:48:11 PM »
Still in the dark as to whether John Gilbert, the 'Group Director For Children', lives within or close to the Borough of Swindon.

Any ideas?

Forum Feedback:  Receiving quite a bit of off-line interest, (from within and without the Borough), in this subject. I think I can accurately summarise the majority of Swindonian feeling as being:

"We want our local governance to be truly local, not done by overpaid commuting bureaucrats"

I think there's a blog post title in there somewhere: "A trough worth travelling for.."

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 09:45:03 PM »
Yes I agree we should encourage everybody to live in swindon however I think legally  (with certain exceptions about been on call etc) you cannot discriminate where people live for a job.

However I would be interested to know if we are paying any travelling expenses for the non swindon based people?  Anyway we can find out?

Offline Francoise De Lampe

• Oui, nous pouvons !
  • Francoise et sa lanterne magique !
Re: Request For Information - John Gilbert
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 02:22:17 PM »
Still in the dark as to whether John Gilbert, the 'Group Director For Children', lives within or close to the Borough of Swindon.

Any ideas?

Geoff has passed to me une note concernant John Gilbert.  Appears he is domicilié in Shropshire.

Checking electoral registers.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 03:54:53 PM »
Migth be right, he did come from Telford and Wrekin council.  Did somthing with clusters up there.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Drone

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 05:32:16 PM »
Migth be right, he did come from Telford and Wrekin council.  Did somthing with clusters up there.

Bombs or those honey nut things?
derp derp herp herp derp