Author Topic: CUTS TO PUBLIC TRANSPORT !  (Read 13570 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: CUTS TO PUBLIC TRANSPORT !
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 06:26:17 PM »
Just returned from a family holiday and  thus self esteem at an all time low, came here to cheer myself up and then read I am 'Chav'!

Whilst I am immensely fond of Chav, the person, here, I am not one!  Too old for a start.

Chav:  Some of us are still missing the half hourly no 21, not least because it was the only bus from Penhill that went anywhere near the Academy.

Keith: It is true that Penhill buses are well used and need no subsidy, in fact we were always told they there was a surplus that subsudised other district buses - so give us our No 21 back.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 11:18:07 PM »
Just returned from a family holiday and  thus self esteem at an all time low, came here to cheer myself up and then read I am 'Chav'!

Whilst I am immensely fond of Chav, the person, here, I am not one!  Too old for a start.

Chav:  Some of us are still missing the half hourly no 21, not least because it was the only bus from Penhill that went anywhere near the Academy.

Keith: It is true that Penhill buses are well used and need no subsidy, in fact we were always told they there was a surplus that subsudised other district buses - so give us our No 21 back.

Muggins - i'm too old to be a Chav too, I am according to this 'Brissley' person a mere peasant ! as this is what he wrote on the comments section in the Advertiser - ''Penhill is full of Peasants and should be bulldozed''  - The Engager asked him some questions and as I recall one of the questions was 'how do you know Penhill is full of peasants' and I think one of his answers was something to do with the demographics !

The bloke is a fool  :censored:, and its people like HIM who continue to live with his head so far up his arse he can see christmas, and who tars everyone with the same brush !

I don't get angry very often, as I am a grown up and I respect people for who they are regardless of background, social class, ability, etc etc etc .
However, some people make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end - him indoors being one of them , and oh Brissley bollocks being the other.

I am very patient , understanding , caring and compassionate , as lots of other people in the Penhill community are - and that is something we should be proud of as this is something that oh Brissley bollocks does not have / or maybe he is so wrapped up in other things that he has lost site of what really matters in life !

Muggins, people who know us  know who we are as people - Chav is just a four letter word and Brissley is eight  :2funny:

Penhill & Proud  :agreed:

P.S sorry for the waffle, but If I feel it - I will say it ..... how ever it comes out !

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »
Does "Brissley Bollocks" believe in speed cameras or have I got the wrong person?
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
Well Chav, you know me - I would normally ignore any remarks like Brissley's as the unadulterated ignorant drivel that it is, however I fancy that others think he/she is in some sort of position of power, if he/sheis,  that makes me sit up and wonder. 

If his/her mated know who he/she is, and that they are indeed making decision on our behalf, then I think they should either very quickly get rid or disassociate themselves quickly - very quickly!   

Remind me, haven't the peasants revolted on several occasions?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 11:08:54 AM »
More cuts to Thamesdown bus services http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10013978.All_change_as_more_cuts_made_to_town_s_buses/

Number 30 and 20B being ditched by the sounds of it.

Number 16 reduced service frequency weekday evenings (let me guess around about hospital visiting time  ::)).

Number 20 reduced service frequency.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 09:30:39 AM »
We all know that Lead Member for Transport, Keith Williams follows Talk Swindon so perhaps he could post on here what he said at Cabinet last night?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Muggins

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
Have we got to wait for him to tell us, or will you Richard?

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 07:20:37 AM »
Seems a bit unfair as the brunt of cuts are being done to bus services running through the constituency of Robert Buckland MP  :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 08:42:53 AM »
I had a quick look at the TT route maps and noticed that as well. One other thing I noticed was that the 20 and 30 with minor route changes could be made to go right past the site for the new Morrisons in Eldene.  A forward thinking company would have spotted that and contacted Morrisons to see if they could help subsidise the service once the store is built - but no, vibrant and visionary TT know better.

Offline Mickraker

• Strawberry Fields Forever!
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 08:57:44 AM »
No vibrancy or visionary is that down to the ownership of TT  :-\
My non aggresive posts are my own opinion and represent me, myself and I only!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 10:09:13 AM »
I had a quick look at the TT route maps and noticed that as well. One other thing I noticed was that the 20 and 30 with minor route changes could be made to go right past the site for the new Morrisons in Eldene.  A forward thinking company would have spotted that and contacted Morrisons to see if they could help subsidise the service once the store is built - but no, vibrant and visionary TT know better.

I doubt that was an accident, probably part of the deal to attract Morrisons to the site, and even if they had gained a subsidy from them, it will cease after two years (probably less for a smaller supermarket) at which point TT will be back to square one and cutting the route.

I understand that Parks are hoping to get the No 17 to replace the Hospital bus and it would make sense
if it was also extended to Penhill Valley to provide more buses down there instead of the no 21 - the response to both seems to be something about the buses being to long.

That discussion, led to the inevitable, 'why the heck are they not joining up their thinking and stop -planning out bus routes from new developments and stop buying only one length of bus'

Offline the gorgon

• Hello !
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »
More visionary and vibrant bus service cuts from Thamesdown "Transport".

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10069970.It___s_all_change_for_buses_to_hospital/

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »

So, passengers should forget Thamesdown buses if they want to visit the GWH during evening visiting times?

The 'integrated' transport policy looks wobblier by the day, but never mind, another un-needed car park is being erected by the empty town centre hotels, so that's nice.....

Offline Muggins

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 08:44:36 AM »
Well it's not visionary, it's not vibrant, it's not intergrated and it's not green,

So that was all that forward and 'we are all in it together' planning gone down the pan then.

Holding in mind that they also did not listen when we said we didn't want the hospital where it is anyway.

And everyone involved with it was bound to have to 'travel' to it.

And we didn't want it there because of the Coate issue.

It was yet another decision based on something else other than common sense.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »

We're being blighted by 'leaders' who apply the same degree of common sense to forward planning as they did when faced with Woolworths pick and mix counter as a 10 year old child.

Posted on Talkswindon.org using the Tapatalk 2 App for Android on my Samsung Galaxy Note....

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 08:51:25 PM »
We're being blighted by 'leaders' who apply the same degree of common sense to forward planning as they did when faced with Woolworths pick and mix counter as a 10 year old child.

And the same business acumen as those running the Woolworths pick and mix counter. Still miss Woolies.

We are being led to a sort of grid locked, morally bereft, service poor, architecturally inane poophole of a town by poltical twits with no interest in mind bar their own and any policy will do as long as the opposition think it's shite, mind you, these days who'd know whether they agree or not?

At least you can park I suppose.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2012, 09:08:02 AM »
Has that new car park been built yet?   O0