Author Topic: 'Swindon News' - Swindon Borough Council Magazine  (Read 9542 times)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Re: 'Swindon News' - Swindon Borough Council Magazine
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »
I get both.

That is despite a notice on my door stating 'Feck off Swindon News' and 'Star can kiss my @rse'.

Both messages are also spelled out in petunias in my floral border, and are repeated in a nifty pattern in the block paving.

I am thinking of getting a doorbell which says 'Show us your winkle' in Latin.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Bogomil

• Hello !
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 07:09:53 PM »
Cllr Glaholm had his uses, I always got a copy from him!

Nice to see he gave something back to to the Penhill community as well as Central

Offline Muggins

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 09:43:46 AM »
There was an element of generosity in his sharing his old paperwork with me - it helped me no end in keeping up. there were often magazines I would not have had acess to unless I was a councillor. It does help to know how the other person thinks.

But then if he missed something I inevitably found it - like the time a Penhill delevelopment would have brought £96k into the community but was hived off into the central pot, or would have been if that developmetn had gone through - it didn't!   

Secondly, he knew I recycled the paper afterwards and this was before they started picking it up from the door.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »
Muggins a useful source of information is the Council's Web Site.
Open this up, go Council and Democracy, then to Members Bulletin.
 I find this is very good for information on Planning, Road works, Cabinet Member autocratic decision and if any member of the opposition as taken the trouble not only to reply but also even read the paper.
Bobby
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »
Yes, thanks Bobby, what it needs though, is for someone to remind me to do it occasionally!  Anyone like to alert me just prior to a full council meeting?

It's a lot harder to read on line, that it was by hard copy over a cuppa.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 09:27:18 AM »
Is it significant that yesterday (Monday) I actually received my first ever copy.

Thanks for bringing it round Keith!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group