Author Topic: Ridgeway Farm Development Proposals & Exhibition  (Read 13156 times)

Offline Muggins

Re: Ridgeway Farm Development Proposals & Exhibition
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 01:35:36 PM »
If they build the houses - however, if the economics take that down turn they won't build, if there is one lot of businessmen who are not daft - it's developers.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
They will be built.....its already agreed, its already been through the committee. Surprsed Colin Lovell isn't at the front of this as chair of planning.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Tobes

• Regents
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2011, 02:00:33 PM »
Swindon is big enough: it is like an out of control tumour

... its a perfect analogy...

you could add 'attached to an unhealthy, unsightly, flabby wheezing body who's major organs and arteries are struggling to cope with the extra toxins being pumped into its system'.

The trouble is with Swindon is that the medicine it's being fed by short-termists (growth! vibrancy! more faceless estates!) is precisely the cultural cholesterol which is destroying the place.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - [attributed to] Voltaire... 'Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessita' - William of Occam.... 'You have a right to feel offended, but just cos you are offended doesn't mean you are right'

Offline Muggins

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 02:02:58 PM »
Tobes - and a toxic tumour at that!

"you could add 'attached to an unhealthy, unsightly, flabby wheezing body who's major organs and arteries are struggling to cope with the extra toxins being pumped into its system'." 

You must stop talking about me like that Tobes.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 08:45:45 PM »
I say if these houses are built, and I know builders who are desperate for work,

Ah, the Irish economic model. I dunno why we don't just accept lurching from one crisis to another as a way of life.

Nothing seems to change.

Moment of dull resignation. I'm sure it will pass.

Dull resignation, Nick Clegg. There's a joke there.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.