Author Topic: People Power  (Read 1577 times)

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
People Power
« on: May 09, 2010, 08:17:39 AM »
This filmed at the Take Back Parliament demo yesterday

http://www.power2010.org.uk/page/invite/wanttoseenick?utm_source=full_list&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2010_05_08

The accompanying explanatory note

Dear ZPW

I just got back to the office after our incredible demonstration to Take Back Parliament.

We're all over the news. This movement is real.

For the first time in a long time it feels like the politicians are listening to us.  Nick Clegg heard our demands. He took the petition that tens of thousands of us have signed.

Clegg holds the balance of power and the fate of Proportional Representation in his hands.

But today as the crowd chanted, "Don't sell out" - people power forced him to speak to us.

Watch this historic moment as Nick responds to our crowd's demands for change - and then share it with all your friends:
Watch this now
Watch this now

Nick told our crowd that reform is one of the reasons why he went into politics - and that we must seize this opportunity to usher in a new politics.

We can't let up, and we can't concede. Today's protest was just the beginning of our movement - one that must work harder than ever in these critical days to come to make sure we have fair votes now.

Watch Nick's speech -- then make sure everyone sees this:

http://www.takebackparliament.com/wanttoseenick

If you made it to the rally today, thank you for lending your voice to this historic call for action. It was an amazing day.

Best wishes,

Pam Giddy

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: People Power
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 08:47:40 AM »
Sack Kay Burley watch the BBC that is what I remember from yesterday, and what a great laugh that gave me, on a boring day that was all about ConDem back room dealing. Pam Giddy (Power Enquiry? Charter 88 produced series for BBC etc ) saying take back parliament, still it is better than seeing Nick the Kingmaker I only have 33% of the votes spouting on about political reform. Rather than constitutional reform which I think Pam wants?

Petition Tens of thousands signed? sorry I am sceptical about that what is the exact number?  Especially at this exciting vibrant time (sorry slipped into tory speak) and to think I remember when people thought TS was a tory organ ;)
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Alex

• Alex Coppock-Bunce Hypnotherapy & Counselling
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 12:55:25 PM »

I signed up to Take Back Parliament too- lets hope this is the start of real change.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 01:10:47 PM »
Is this what kicked off the sack Kay Burley Demo?

Kay Burley bullies a protester in the name of "journalism" Small | Large

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 04:12:08 PM by Geoff Reid »
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »
Yes... what a bizarrely unpleasant piece of work on her part.

Offline Alex

• Alex Coppock-Bunce Hypnotherapy & Counselling
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 03:13:58 PM »
She sounded deranged! Maybe she's in for the chop due to age and trying to make a name for herself. Not bright. :idiot2:

Made the chap being interveiwed look great though. Well balanced and rational.  :)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 04:18:06 PM »
She sounded deranged! Maybe she's in for the chop due to age and trying to make a name for herself. Not bright. :idiot2:

Made the chap being interveiwed look great though. Well balanced and rational.  :)

Sounded to me like the arrogant cow was off her face on Columbian Marching Powder...and it really did make the other guy look good  ;D

Very glad I don't contribute to her salary in any way :)