Author Topic: A #ToryCoup ?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
A #ToryCoup ?
« on: May 05, 2010, 04:56:57 PM »

The twittersphere is aglow with re-tweeted and heavily hash-tagged tweets to do with everything from Camerons friend Phillipa Stroud, (Claims to be able to cure Gay peoples demons by prayer), Nadine Dorries who is refusing to answer public questions at hustings, or my personal favourite, the Tory Coup.

The Tory Coup, as reported on Left of centre blog 'Liberal Conspiracy'

A leading constitutional expert has warned that plans for a ‘Tory coup’ – in which David Cameron declares himself Prime Minister – would bring the Conservative party into direct conflict with Buckingham Palace.

Professor Stephen Haseler, professor of government at London Metropolitan University and director of the Global Policy Institute, said:

This plan is a direct to challenge to the role of the Queen. It will put the Tory party on a collision course with the monarchy.

The monarch, under our constitution, must wait until the outgoing Prime Minister has advised her to appoint his successor. This convention is designed to avoid the Queen being maneouvred by politicians.

Cameron’s coup would not only embarass the Queen and draw her into political controversy, it would also raise serious questions about the future of the monarchy.

Relevent twitter hashtags:

#Torycoup

#phillipastroud

Other fun electoral ones are:

#Imvotingtory   #imvotinglabour  where each tribe is systematically invading the other thread in a very British sort of 'Yo Mamma'  :)

Offline Ringer

Re: A #ToryCoup ?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »
Should that not be  A very #ToryCoup. Anyway David Cameron was born into the class that thinks its their birthright to rule the #oiks Cameron is related to the Queen anyway so I was told.

I hope that Cameron wakes up to find #Tanks on his lawn. Even if they are the inflatable libdem ones used as camoflauge decoys.
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Richard Symonds

Re: A #ToryCoup ?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »
The question is Would Cousin Approve?  I doubt it!!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group