Author Topic: what brown needs to do for me  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Tig

what brown needs to do for me
« on: April 30, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »
All Gordon needs to do to secure my vote is say he will scrap the ID card scheme and biometric passports

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
Re: what brown needs to do for me
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »
Tell me exactly what they are going to cut or tax in order to sort the national debt.

No lies or worrying about votes, the truth and..........

If we have any of the other parties reading this thread , you can do exactly the same to win my vote
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 06:11:01 PM »
All Gordon needs to do to secure my vote is say he will scrap the ID card scheme and biometric passports

ID cards - agree 100%.

However passports is more complex - biometric passports have to be available at least as an option (or people will need visas to travel to other countries).

As our passports are already at least partially biometric, what is the benefit of rolling back?

Moley

Offline Tig

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:19:15 PM »

ID cards - agree 100%.

However passports is more complex - biometric passports have to be available at least as an option (or people will need visas to travel to other countries).

As our passports are already at least partially biometric, what is the benefit of rolling back?

Moley

good point I hadn't thought of that

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »

And the National Identity Register too. Just dropping the cards won't be enough.  This is the big issue (although not the only one) which prevents me from voting for Anne Snelgrove despite her good work on climate change.
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 06:36:26 PM »
Feck off. Sharpish.

That'll do me.

Or.

Invent time travel so some herberts can reconsider their ill thought out decisions some 13 years ago.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.