Author Topic: Dorcan Election Leaflets 29th April 2010  (Read 7830 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Dorcan Election Leaflets 29th April 2010
« on: April 29, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »

The latest from Dorcan Ward.

Bluh's effort made me laugh.  Seems like Bluh is claiming the credit for the minimal amount of work done in Dorcan by Kevin Parry and 'the other one'.  I'm not slagging Parry or 'the other one' off exactly, they're probably too busy taking care of Bluh's ward case work to do much else.

Anne Snelgroves 'Dorcan Matters' leaflet is s slightly different kettle of fish though, at least she and Sarah Bush are aware of, and mention a few of the ward problems which remain unattended-to after several years of Bluh ignoring Dorcans 'little issues' in favour of his own legacy politics and vanity projects.

I'm sure Annes points about Bluh removing £500,000 from the roads budget, unrepaired potholes and the WiFiasco won't land on ears as deaf as his own.

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
Re: Dorcan Election Leaflets 29th April 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 08:27:13 PM »
The wincie footnote,' we pay for our leaflets yah boo' really aggravates me.
What an inane, silly, pointless use of print.
Pillocks :azn:

Offline Tea Boy

• Tea's up!, Kettle's on
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »
Mr Tomlinson being paid for that glossy marketing, its exactly the same as every other tory leaflet....

...even down to claiming credit for stuff that wasn't thier idea or initiative or funding.

i wonder if we can ask, exactly what role they took in the play park renovation consultation for that area as a whole, that might make interesting reading....

A rumour, and its just that, was that a certain Cllr wasn't very keen on 'delivery' of a play park.......... i'll ask about and try to name them for sure and what was said. don't know know if some one as humble as myself will get hold of any evidence though.
Gardening tips: Always remember its brown side down, green side up.  If its knocking now it'll only go bang later

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:12:41 PM »
Mr Tomlinson being paid for that glossy marketing, its exactly the same as every other tory leaflet....
Leaflet I've just received was printed in Nottinghamshire. The Tomlinson monopoly of local blue printing seems to have been broken.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Bankrupt Idiot

• Hello !
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »

I always remember recieving a letter from Simon Coombes MP on my 18th Birthday, inviting me to join the Conservative party, which was printed on house of commons headed paper in a house of commons envelope!  Wish I had kept it.

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
Simon. Now there's a name from the past.
Was he the chap that met a Pieman going to the fair?
Bobby

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 10:29:13 AM »

I always remember recieving a letter from Simon Coombes MP on my 18th Birthday, inviting me to join the Conservative party, which was printed on house of commons headed paper in a house of commons envelope!  Wish I had kept it.

I have a simon coombes leaflet if you want a copy?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »
Simon. Now there's a name from the past.
Was he the chap that met a Pieman going to the fair?

Bobby you more than anyone due to your vast collection of years and wisdom know that nostalgia ain't what it used to be ;)
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Karsten

• Politics is Bollock'tics
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 09:27:18 PM »
Hi,

Don't think any of my election leaflet will be delivered in dorcan itself.
I've limited mine to the streets that have Resident's Parking to maximise costs.
I have a feeling people in the CPZ are slightly more ticked off and more likely to Protest Vote.

There is a link to a pdf of mine on my website www.swindon.org.uk

I personally think that the  the electoral data could be used to cut down on wasteful and costly leaflets.
Any candidate should be able to deliver a PDF to the Electoral department and then everyone that had registered an existing email address would get a copy of all the parties leaflets..
That way they wouldn't have to hand over half the electoral records and people data would be safer..
Think of the reduction if paper waste too!

But this option is tooo far fetched..

It is one of the things I'd want in an electoral reform...
Ploitics has to be fairer and allow people to hear from all the candidates and not just the richest or parties with the best non domicile sponsers..

What do other people think?

Karsten
www.swindon.org.uk

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 09:00:21 AM »
I've limited mine to the streets that have Resident's Parking to maximise costs

Ah, fiscal policy by Brown.

Sorry, know you didn't mean it. (Muggins will get you for strangled syntax, stay after class I shouldn't wonder)
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 09:08:26 AM »
Aye? what?  What have I done now?? 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 09:36:41 AM »
That was a clear grammatical error, or indeed a sincere endorsement of Brownanomics.

Six of the best I reckon and 93 latin conjugations and banned from being blackboard monitor.

Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
Oh I see, clear as mud, I had one of those once, but the leg dropped off.

Have you been on the painkillers and cider again Mart?
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 10:53:29 PM »
Worse.

Flatpack.

2 bedside cabinets, 3 bloody draws each

2 wardrobes.

6! drawer chest of drawers. If I never see another set of drawer runners, bits of dowel and poxy bloody cams that don't sit right....

Actually I'll be very surprised.

As for the effin glue.

Look at the bloody time.

Offline Muggins

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »
Yep, felt like that myself after putting together the kitchen and bedroom.  Like I said the leg fell off mine, could be I had run out of glue. 

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 11:33:07 AM »
Anybody know how things are going on in Dorcan?

Is it to be Rod of Wi-fi fame or Sarah?

Anybody got a clue and who will get what majority.

I here that Sarah is coming down the outside.  Will she beat our Council Leader and take out his 800 vote majority from last time?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Ringer

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »
Anybody know how things are going on in Dorcan?

Is it to be Rod of Wi-fi fame or Sarah?

Anybody got a clue and who will get what majority.

I here that Sarah is coming down the outside.  Will she beat our Council Leader and take out his 800 vote majority from last time?

Sarah has a hard job, she is facing a popular well liked and greatly admired Conservative council leader, who is also on the police authority, who holds regular surgeries and has a mountain of emails from the Dorcan Ward. He is on The Police authority so he is busy ensuring that the police are responding and is on the RGA or something like that so can keep an eye on the 12,000 houses Eastern development.

He is also busy cleaning graffiti and picking up litter in his off duty time, fortunately out of the goodness of his heart he allows the other two cllrs to appear in photographs along with Robert Buckland to be associated with the credit and hope that some of his shine rubs off on them.

It looks like the majority is a forgone conclusion.
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »

Sarah has a hard job, she is facing a popular well liked and greatly admired Conservative council leader, who is also on the police authority, who holds regular surgeries and has a mountain of emails from the Dorcan Ward. He is on The Police authority so he is busy ensuring that the police are responding and is on the RGA or something like that so can keep an eye on the 12,000 houses Eastern development.

He is also busy cleaning graffiti and picking up litter in his off duty time, fortunately out of the goodness of his heart he allows the other two cllrs to appear in photographs along with Robert Buckland to be associated with the credit and hope that some of his shine rubs off on them.

It looks like the majority is a forgone conclusion.

Not what I hear on anything you have written Ringer in fact it has been reported to me as exatly the opposite.

But then what do I know?
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Ringer

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »

Not what I hear on anything you have written Ringer in fact it has been reported to me as exatly the opposite.

But then what do I know?

Well obviously you have read the Rod Bluh's leaflet, it clearly states what I have posted, unless I am misunderstanding it? :-\
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 12:21:35 PM »

But then what do I know?

Well obviously you have read the Rod Bluh's leaflet, it clearly states what I have posted, unless I am misunderstanding it? :-\

Maybe you should not believe all you read Ringer

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
Bluh has been exposed on this site as being fugal with the truth so why should his leaflet be any different?
Bobby

Offline Ringer

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »
Bluh has been exposed on this site as being fugal with the truth so why should his leaflet be any different?

Are you and RS saying that his leaflet is all  :spin: :spin: and more :spin: ? Oh you have upset me now I will have to go and hide and have a little  :'( to myself. To think I thought that only the Tories were wicked are you two Tories too?  :(