Author Topic: Can one vote twice?  (Read 1377 times)

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
Can one vote twice?
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »
A while ago, I heard here ( bit of a non-sequiter) that one could cast two votes... or was that for local elections?
Can one?

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
Re: Can one vote twice?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »
In a general election, no. You can be registered in more than one place, but to vote in more than one place is illegal.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »
In the last local elections in Swindon, the people of Dorcan were able to vote twice, but that was because of the extra seat left vacant by the councillor stood down mid term.

That's an unusual situation and the rules stipulated that candidate that came second would serve the remaining term of the councillor that stood down.  In that case it was Bluh, which is why he's up for election again this year.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 10:23:38 PM »
I believe you are thinking of Afghanistan.

A country we are currently liberating and about which, I think, there is an eerie absence of discussion.

Mind you given the brewing row just breaking about postal voting in, I believe, Bristol you could be forgiven for thinking all things were possible.

I'm going to vote 60,000,000 times jsut to get my own way. I'm getting Staples to sort it out for me.

Hurrah for UKIP and the new Prime Minister, Mr Erm, on the tip of me tongue, oh you know, thingumajig, looks like him off 'You Take the High Road'.

Basil Rathbone?
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 06:34:34 AM »
In a general election, no. You can be registered in more than one place, but to vote in more than one place is illegal.

Thank you.