Author Topic: Definitely Looks like a 3 Horse Race....  (Read 4949 times)

Offline PAV

Re: Definitely Looks like a 3 Horse Race....
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 09:45:57 AM »
I feel better about myself how that Brown slagged off that woman. At least I know Brown has the same contempt for members of the public that I have for him.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 12:00:23 PM »
Remember this episode voting? The one about Nelson made me smile :)

Blackadder the Third - Dish and Dishonesty 1 (High Quality, Dutch Subs).3gp Small | Large
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline PAV

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 12:06:51 PM »
Looks like the Tories will raise VAT to 19.5%.

At least we know where they stand.

I wonder if Clegg or Brown will have to guts to admit they will also raise VAT and to what level?

Offline Guessingstick

• Hello !
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 03:39:45 PM »
Whitehall mandarins were pushing Darling to raise VAT to 20% at the budget but Brown blocked it and went with National Insurance instead.
Whether Brown blocked because of electioneering or because VAT hurts the lower incomes most while NI does not affect pensioners and the like is entirely up to where you are in political support.
That a Tory Government propped up by Liberals will put VAT up is beyond doubt and that will be the trigger to start the inflation they will seek to devalue pensions benefits and the national dept overhang.
The £ will plummet and parity with the Euro will be established.
When I was kid being yellow was perceived as being cowardly, vote Liberal and avoid responsibility, well not this time. Its not a wasted vote, in Swindon it's a vote for a Tory in default.

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
I can't vote for anyone who has Mandelson in the party, neither can I vote for people who supported Thatcher.

This leaves me with little realistic choice.

It's a bit late to move into a constituency where your vote will really weigh in Alex...
Swindon is really a tactical vote constituency this time.. If you cant vote for Snelgrove and you can't vote for Buckland, what about that bright shiny Green Party? A decent option even though it won't be a Govt. forming ballot .

Clearly one cannot vote for Cameron ( unless one really truly awfully wants Anne Snelgrove out) and one can't vote for Mandleson inc. so if one is in a LD constituency... it's the best hope of influencing Govt.
Thing is a vote for LD is in my mind a vote for Vince Cable, which is a sound thing.

Offline Alex

• Alex Coppock-Bunce Hypnotherapy & Counselling
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »
I can't vote for anyone who has Mandelson in the party, neither can I vote for people who supported Thatcher.

This leaves me with little realistic choice.

It's a bit late to move into a constituency where your vote will really weigh in Alex...
Swindon is really a tactical vote constituency this time.. If you cant vote for Snelgrove and you can't vote for Buckland, what about that bright shiny Green Party? A decent option even though it won't be a Govt. forming ballot .

Clearly one cannot vote for Cameron ( unless one really truly awfully wants Anne Snelgrove out) and one can't vote for Mandleson inc. so if one is in a LD constituency... it's the best hope of influencing Govt.
Thing is a vote for LD is in my mind a vote for Vince Cable, which is a sound thing.

Yes Zippy, I tend to agree, he is the only one who has spoken sense consistently and I have the vaguest respect for.

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 07:43:33 PM »

Yes Zippy, I tend to agree, he is the only one who has spoken sense consistently and I have the vaguest respect for.

He spoke at some random event I* was at.
He has the charisma of a cardboard box and is disadvantaged ( in our soundbite world) by his inability to be glib and smooth in speech. But... he is clever.
Happily I will be casting my vote in a super marginal, if it's comfort to you Alex I have spent some time this aft. garnering as many anti-Tory and anti-Mandelson votes as one can.

Offline BombDoctor

• Hello !
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »
Just for a mind game, as none of the politico's want to talk about it so far, and it's the big economy debate tonight.  I took a look at what Swindon's proportion of the National Debt amounts to.

National debt currently around about £905586000000 http://www.debtbombshell.com/
Population of Swindon                         192000 http://ww5.swindon.gov.uk/moderngov/Published/C00000295/M00003910/AI00020434/$TheSwindoncontext2010.docA.ps.pdf

Thats round about £14596.41 for every man woman and child.

Gives us a hefty £2,802,510,079

I guess the parties over, no more non-jobs, no more free rides of the taxpayer, cause the tax payers skint.