Author Topic: Neeeer 2 : Pry Farm  (Read 14805 times)

Offline Jean

• Jefferies Land Conservation Trust
Re: Neeeer 2 : Pry Farm
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2010, 08:23:07 AM »
You've got your M4 Junction numbers back to front, Muggins albeit that the rest makes sense. 
Live simply so that others might simply live

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 10:24:10 PM »
I saw some flooding projections this afternoon and if I were in anyway interested in Pry Farm I would be worried.

I have requested that the maps be published on TS they make very interesting and worrying reading.

interesting, how accurate were the flooding projections? (if you can remember) and where there any proposed green buffers on the flooding projections?

also does anyone know what the underlying medium of the field is?

it seems as the councillors who project themselves as 'involved' in the process of the development/resident negotiations dont seem to have much of a handle on this as they like to make out, one example of this is Mr Tomlinson  fleeing at the first sign of being asked a legitimate question..........no sorry , let us correct that . He ran at the first sign of being asked to repeat his own words. Another example of this is Mr Williams who doesn't seem to exist anymore maybe he was sacrificed on the steps of tory towers and his blood signed a deal for the brothers dimm

Last But not least..........Mr Buckland, as you are now Swindon South MP WE CAN ONLY HOPE you will engage with the public and give us the representation we deserve as you now 'officially' work for us.........heed my warning, dont tag along Mr Tomlinson stay true to your promises and stay true to the people because believe me when i say , we at mellon are watching very closely......

We shall be contacting you very soon Mr Buckland and we look forward to hearing from you :)

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
is this the image you were on about Mr Symonds?

i think that map says it all

if anyone would like to have the reports you can dowload the pdf's from this page

http://consult.wiltshire.gov.uk/portal/spatial_planning/wiltshire2026?tab=files

or read them here

http://consult.wiltshire.gov.uk/portal/spatial_planning/wiltshire2026?pointId=985157#document-985157
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2010, 09:22:26 AM »
Yes that was it Mellon.  Glad to see it has been put up here at last.

I wait with baited breath as to what our two newly elected MP's will do about this problem and hereby suggest to them and newly re elected Councillor and Cabinet Member Keith Williams you will ignore this issue at your peril.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »
Pry Farm as I posted yesterday all the main players in this are Tory and the two who can change it are in North Wiltshire and at WC. I am opposed to building on Swindon Doorstep and I did email my MP about it yesterday. I hope the tories on this side of the boundary can apply pressure to the other two and withdraw this scheme?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2010, 11:12:12 AM »
Steve
You have no chance of convincing, along with our new M.Ps., Wiltshire Councillors to stop the proposed development.
Just had a thought the abbreviation for the Wiltshire Council to W.C. is most appropriate.
I always thought they were a bunch of supercilious idiots.
Bobby

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2010, 12:16:09 PM »
Steve
You have no chance of convincing, along with our new M.Ps., Wiltshire Councillors to stop the proposed development.
Just had a thought the abbreviation for the Wiltshire Council to W.C. is most appropriate.
I always thought they were a bunch of supercilious idiots.

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment. I will carry on hoping that it will be refused. I am sure for the Tories as they have the majority everywhere it will just be a formality at the stroke of a pen to strike this project out and into oblivon. Answer that one if you can Bobby  :azn:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »
The interesting thing to me is in wiltshire county councils background report on west swindon it states under paragraph 4.10 that pry farm is an isolated development and it has to be a self sustaining community. So to sum up my point.....Pry farm is not susatinable through using existing facilities and services because it is isolated, now because the community is isolated it will become nucleated and volatile due to not enough space and the sardine effect. My view is if there (more then likey will be) will be a development there , then they should cut the numbver of houses so it can integrate itself into the exisiting communities . Also stated in the report is why the development has to be 2000+ dwellings, the reason is that if it was any less than it will fail as project on whole.......

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2010, 02:40:31 PM »
Oh that is great news Steve. Was this policy generated when you were a Tory Councillor.
No building around our beloved Coate, nothing in the East and now nothing in the West.
Where will the developments be?
I await your informed reply.
Bobby

Offline Muggins

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2010, 08:27:03 PM »
I could give an informed experienced opinion, but I'm not going to here, where anyone can read it, just in case they haven't already had the idea.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2010, 09:57:45 PM »
Oh that is great news Steve. Was this policy generated when you were a Tory Councillor.
No building around our beloved Coate, nothing in the East and now nothing in the West.
Where will the developments be?
I await your informed reply.

Bobby like you I was against coate, and have been against building in the west going back to the days of the front garden I did not support the RDA and was against Pry Farm some 2 years ago or more  when it was first mooted, I objected to the house building on the land that was put through on appeal. Not informed Bobby as I said just like you I am against the EDA as well. I was also against the building of the police station on the Thames Valley Police Border. Why Labour councillors wanted to move the police station out of the town I will never know. And the South Marston triangle or what ever it was called. Some labour councillors are like Tory ones they just want to bulldoze and build.

But as you will see 12,000 on your doorstep out east perhaps you will object?

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 06:33:55 PM »
right i would like to point this thread back to the selected subject of PRY FARM in west swindon and the association of negative effects on the local area NOT Coate............

There are still some concerns that have not been addressed and discussed thoroughly, i will start with a few minor pointers :

1. The increased measure of traffic?
2. The increased pressure on the infrastructure?
3. How the site will be accessed as it will be an isolated entity?
4. Why id Pry Farm the preferred development site?
5. Why were the only reports available on the Wiltshire county council site and not SBC? (is west swindon no longer established within swindon?)
6. Where are the west swindon councillors and why cant they be bothered with answering questions from the electorate?

i await your reply  >:(   

Offline Keith

• Cllr. for Shaw and Nine Elms
    • West Swindon In Touch
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2010, 09:16:45 PM »
Sorry to answer briefly but I need to pick my son up from Scouts. The next step is to ensure that the new Government repeals the RSS as promised, as SBC has delayed the core strategy adoption on that understanding.
Many of your questions are covered in the attached document (cell F refers to Pry Farm)
http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/west_of_swindon_study_update_consultation_draft_-_february_2009.pdf

When people have asked me I have been quite open with what is going on. The West Swindon Councillors are only a phone call away and are at the Link Centre every second Monday, every other month at 7:30pm.

My concerns haven't changed as the houses built in Wiltshire and paying Council Tax to Wiltshire lay claim to Swindon infrastructure in every case. In fact the West of Swindon Study will be incorrect for bus infrastructure on cells E and F from July as there will be no 18 bus route passing it.
Coupled with the fact there has already been an accident on that stretch of road when the Wain Homes office was put up the concerns that were raised are proving true already. Unfortunately the Government Planning Inspector that overturned Wiltshire's rejection of the Moredon Bridge application did not have the benefit of hindsight.

As I said the Government needs to overturn the RSS as promised (I have already e-mailed Justin and Robert about this, I would suggest you do the same) in order that the core strategy can be revisited.
Please call me or come along to the West Swindon Forum if you want to discuss this further.

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2010, 01:57:07 PM »
hang on the pdf i am reffering is dated october 2009 not february 2009, so your data may be out of date, i will run a side by side comparison at some point between development points outlined in both the studies

Offline Mellon

• Mellons Blog
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »
Bump....