Author Topic: Neeeer 2 : Pry Farm  (Read 14786 times)

Offline Bobby Bingo

Re: Neeeer 2 : Pry Farm
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »

Mellon
"we all know the Tories are as bent as a banana"
I am not sure what you mean.
Is it to do with financial gain or is there a sexual connotation there?
Bobby

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 04:45:50 PM »
Muggins

It is Pry Farm Land it is interesting as Pry Farm house is some distance away from the location of the houses.
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Muggins

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 05:42:39 PM »
Developers usually choose some fancifully fay name for their developments, like  'something meadows' shamelessly forgetting that they are covering same meadows with bricks and concrete and thus destroying them.  Or 'Badger Rise' whilst, again shamelessly, shoving the badgers out.   Not only that, they have wistful posters of little girls, kite flying, gamboling over a flowery meadow,  to advertise the bricks and concrete they want to sell.

After all who would want to live in something advertised as 'exactly the same houses in the same layout that we built in Milton Keynes. ?

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Mellon

• Whatever it is , I didn't do it!
    • Mellons Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 11:34:17 AM »
After a little piece of legal advice, it was suggested that I explain my 'bent' statement from earlier on in the thread, I didn't mean it as bent = dodgey dealings and corruption, I meant it as bent = bending around questions and running like a fat kid chasing a cup cake , so I do apologise.

Muggins I'm fairly sure they'll think of something commonplace like the oaks, or the sqaure something......

Councillor Williams have you read my earlier question? Or watched the video? ALSO can you deny the statement that it was swindon borough councils idea to build the homes on pry farm?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 06:14:32 PM »
I saw some flooding projections this afternoon and if I were in anyway interested in Pry Farm I would be worried.

I have requested that the maps be published on TS they make very interesting and worrying reading.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Muggins

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 08:36:19 AM »
Certain old chestnuts come up every time when development looms - the flooding and wildlife - neither of these hold any fears for developers, they just ride roughshod over the latter and dig big ditches, put in bigger (but barely big enough) drains and  ponds to take the former. 

Environment Agency web site is the place to go to see where floods might end up.  i.e. worth looking at whever you are thinking of buying a house.

Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 08:56:08 AM »
Last night at 5.30pm I was gridlocked in traffic.  I made the mistake of travelling out of town via Rodbourne Road.  Having taken fifteen minutes to clear the twin bridges on Great Western Way I observed the queue in the opposite direction stretching from there to halfway between the new Lidl roundabout back towards Bridgemead.  This was also gridlocked all the way to the Renault Roundabout on Mead Way which was solid all the way towards Sparcells.  This is not unusual and is reversed in the mornings.

How on earth can our town let alone Pry Farm with an additional 2,000 or 3,000 homes cope with this disaster of a transport infrastructure on which there has been knowledge but no action for years.  It will now take billions of pounds to put right.

Who is repsonsible for this disastrous mess?  Meanwhile our council and its traffic experts waste unecessay sums on money on road alterations in Drove Road. 

Is it small wonder why we are so poorly served by National Express when it takes so long to enter and exit Swindon via the bus station?

and furthermore just think how much polution this creates with all those inefficient idling engines?  Vote Blue get Green I don't think so.
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Ringer

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 09:46:10 AM »
Last night at 5.30pm I was gridlocked in traffic.  I made the mistake of travelling out of town via Rodbourne Road.  Having taken fifteen minutes to clear the twin bridges on Great Western Way I observed the queue in the opposite direction stretching from there to halfway between the new Lidl roundabout back towards Bridgemead.  This was also gridlocked all the way to the Renault Roundabout on Mead Way which was solid all the way towards Sparcells.  This is not unusual and is reversed in the mornings.

How on earth can our town let alone Pry Farm with an additional 2,000 or 3,000 homes cope with this disaster of a transport infrastructure on which there has been knowledge but no action for years.  It will now take billions of pounds to put right.

Who is repsonsible for this disastrous mess?  Meanwhile our council and its traffic experts waste unecessay sums on money on road alterations in Drove Road. 

Is it small wonder why we are so poorly served by National Express when it takes so long to enter and exit Swindon via the bus station?

and furthermore just think how much polution this creates with all those inefficient idling engines?  Vote Blue get Green I don't think so.

You know who is responsible so don't start that was it a question you asked Hooton? As you met him  somewhere in Swindon??
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 09:37:27 PM »
John Prescott.

Revolutionised transport as I understand it.

Course, if the Greens get in the problem will be solved overnight.

Course if the Tories get in the problem will be solved overnight.

Course if Labour get in the problems will be solved overnight.

Course if the Lib Dems get in the problems will be solved overnight.

Hard to appreciate traffic if you are wafted everywhere in an effin great 4x4 based motorcade, besides think of all that lovely tax revenue bimbling out of those exhausts. We should bleat like sheep because we are simply the herd, or flock. Whatever.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 10:54:56 AM »
and Mead Way was solid from Bridgemead all the way to Sparcells again last night and this time you could walk as quickly.

We need more houses like a hole in the head, but then the Supremo for Transport Peter G lives in Eastleaze so he is not affected!

Noted for his absence last night at Council, obviously working hard on the traffic issues!

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »
and Mead Way was solid from Bridgemead all the way to Sparcells again last night and this time you could walk as quickly.

We need more houses like a hole in the head, but then the Supremo for Transport Peter G lives in Eastleaze so he is not affected!

Noted for his absence last night at Council, obviously working hard on the traffic issues!

In fairness I think Westlea Drive being closed has added quite a lot of traffic to Mead Way....  all traffic in Delta that wants to escape into West Swindon is now having to use Mead Way (when previously a lot of it was able to escape up Westlea Drive).  This is due to go on for another 8-9 weeks  :(

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 01:22:59 PM »
To be fair Moley I did not see any traffic queues originating from the Delta end of Westmead Roundabout , it was purely traffic volume heading from Bridgemead towards Sparcells which was stationery at the Total Petrol Station.

I hate to imagine what it will be like with any additional housing and 200 are being built just beyond the Gloucester Railway line.  Another great example of Swindon Borough Council planning or the lack thereof!!!

Offline Muggins

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »
There is a new road planned from Pembroke Park island to Mannington - that should be fun too.  Can't work out whether or not it will make it better or worse.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 02:30:39 PM »
Do you mean Pembroke Park in Moredon Muggins?  Is so that scheme was intended to come out at the B & Q Lidl roundabout on the Great Western Way at a cost of c£90m.  All that would achieve is to deliver you to the chaos on the Great Western Way a couple of minutes more quickly.

We need the invovative ideas that Rod Bluh keeps on telling us about and maybe another cue to involve Rikki Hunt or is he already on the case?

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
To be fair Moley I did not see any traffic queues originating from the Delta end of Westmead Roundabout , it was purely traffic volume heading from Bridgemead towards Sparcells which was stationery at the Total Petrol Station.

It's definitely been backing up into Delta both morning and evening most days but only during peak hours...  I'm guessing that there may be some other problems at the Whitehill Way roundabout during the school run (as a lot of parents' cars' normal route is blocked....

But fully agree that Mead Way can be a mess at the best of times - it's just that the current roadworks are I think making things even worse.

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 03:21:10 PM »
Interesting Moley. Are you aware of the suggestion made to regulate the traffic coming from Westlea Drive in the mornings that stops traffic coming down from the Withy Mead Roundabout.

Although she has long forgotton about it Councillor Mary Martin made the suggestion that all traffic coming from Westlea Drive should be channelled through Delta onto the Great Western Way, which works because the Traffic Lights on Mannington breaks up the traffic.

I put forward this idea to Councillor Peter Greenhalgh some two years ago but sadly he said he was not interested as he employed 'traffic experts'.  Well Peter what are they doing about this congestion which has been getting steadily worse since I moved to Shaw Ridge in 1991?  Rather a long time to find a solution I suggest!

and Mannington is another story - as I wrote in the adver some six months ago when the traffic lights failed everything moved in the rush hour without any congestion whatsoever.  Is it deliberate policy to make driving a car around West Swindon as difficult as possible?

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »
Interesting Moley. Are you aware of the suggestion made to regulate the traffic coming from Westlea Drive in the mornings that stops traffic coming down from the Withy Mead Roundabout.

Although she has long forgotton about it Councillor Mary Martin made the suggestion that all traffic coming from Westlea Drive should be channelled through Delta onto the Great Western Way, which works because the Traffic Lights on Mannington breaks up the traffic.

Wasn't aware of these plans...  there's 3 main sources of traffic in the Delta park in the morning: people going to work in the offices (and they need to remember that they come in all directions), people dropping at Westlea school (I know at one point there were at least some parents from North Swindon who had to drop off there - not sure if there are still many) and people using it as a ratrun.

Whatever they do they need to be careful - I'm lucky that I am close enough to work to walk because lots of people have been complaining about how much extra it takes them to get to work with the current congestion.

In general, they need to make sure that whatever they do doesn't completely screw the traffic up.... I can understand why they are suggesting routing traffic out in the morning via the Great Western Way though - they are going after the rat-runners...

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 04:02:50 PM »

In general, they need to make sure that whatever they do doesn't completely screw the traffic up.... I can understand why they are suggesting routing traffic out in the morning via the Great Western Way though - they are going after the rat-runners...

I think you may have misunderstood me Moley.  The idea came from Mary Martin some five or years ago, she more recently told me that they were considering a traffic light, yes another one, to control traffic coming from Bridgemead.  As I understand it there are absolutely no present plans to do anything.  But the Delta idea has legs as it would only involve a no entry left at the end of Westlea Drive say from 7.30am to 9.30am which would involve the cost of two signs.  Mind you knowing Swindon Commercial Services the cost would probably end up being thousands and with the maximum rather than the minimum amount of work being undertaken.

Offline moley

• Hello !
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 04:11:22 PM »

I think you may have misunderstood me Moley.  The idea came from Mary Martin some five or years ago, she more recently told me that they were considering a traffic light, yes another one, to control traffic coming from Bridgemead.  As I understand it there are absolutely no present plans to do anything.  But the Delta idea has legs as it would only involve a no entry left at the end of Westlea Drive say from 7.30am to 9.30am which would involve the cost of two signs.  Mind you knowing Swindon Commercial Services the cost would probably end up being thousands and with the maximum rather than the minimum amount of work being undertaken.

The No Entry would have to be at the junction of Stonehill Green and Shaw Road (leading to the fire station and the Chesters) or it would really cause chaos...    at the moment a lot of the Westlea school traffic + the ratrun traffic takes this left turn in the morning..

Offline Muggins

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 04:33:10 PM »
Just lost another post!

Yes, I did mean Pembroke Park.  The road has been planned for a long time - during the original Northern development 'off site' infrastructure plans.  Building so many houses would trigger off road building or improvements either on site or off site.  I think this road is the last bit of that plan.   Probably nothing to do with Rod, way before his time, it's unlikely to be Council money either but maybe developers money (hoorah).

I have been reminded that traffic to Northern development from the motorway was supposed to be discouraged from using Junction 15 but was supposed to go up (or down) to Junction 16 and come up the A419. I remember this issue coming up at meetings.  i.e. that vehicles would sneak off the A419 and cut across town to the M4 using the Thamesdown Drive - and they do!   

There was also a bit of discussion about the route for the new road and the destruction of meadows/wildlife enroute. These concerns were probably over-ridden (quite literally) and have been abandoned to their fate by those whose aims are to protect them. :argh: