Poll

Should Francoise reveal the name of the Tory leadership challenger?

Yes - do tell
43 (74.1%)
No - You must not interfere
5 (8.6%)
I do not care
10 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Lamplighters #15: Whitewash & Political Murdering - " He's Behind You! "  (Read 7609 times)

Offline Francoise De Lampe

• Oui, nous pouvons !
  • Francoise et sa lanterne magique !

Hello, Mr Reid is 'otherwise engaged' for a while so I, Francoise De Lampe, will be helping out with the lamplighting  :)

Today, while most of the UK considers last nights first ever television debate between the leaders of Britains biggest 3 political parties, I bear news of conflicting tensions within the civic offices and Tory and Labour groups in Swindon.

It seems that Swindon Borough Councils Internal Audit has completed its investigation into the councils involvement with the Wifi scheme. I am not expert on the wifi, but I know a man who is, and he says:

Quote from: Komadori
"I’m sure that uncritical Mr Bluh will claim that the report by Swindon Borough Council’s internal auditor is an unadulterated vindication of the way the council has spent almost £½M of our money on a loan to Digital City (UK) Ltd for wireless internet. I’m equally sure that Mr Bluh will claim that the absence of any investigation yet by the District Auditor shows that he has no concerns either. However, as Mr Bluh likes to tell us, ‘language is important’, so let’s look at exactly what the council’s internal audit report into wifi says.

I suggest you read Komadori's blog. It is tres bien.

It's possible then, that Councillor Bluh will be in good spirits this morning, and it's definitely true that SBC chief executive officer Gavin Jones was in an unusually good mood yesterday. We'd like to know why exactly? - leaks@talkswindon.org

A challenge to councillor Bluh's leadership also seems to have become firmer this week with a well known West Swindon Tory councillor apparently having a nomination form signed and ready to go, with pledges of support from enough CTory councillors to make Roderick Bluh's departure from his throne a mere formality.  Or is it?  Leadership challenges are rarely as straightforward as they sound and Roddy Bloo, although not the sharpest political tool in the box himself, is steered by a couple of people who certainly think that they are slicker than seal-shit on an iceberg.  I wonder whether the first words Roddy says each morning is a variation on "Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the......"

Have you anything to add?, please tell me  :) leaks@talkswindon.org

I have also been told that there is chatter in the members room of a deal being struck between Roddy Bluh and Dezzy Montaut about referring the wifi deal to an external investigator.  This doesn't make much sense to me so I'd like the forum's resident wifi experts to explain the political pros and cons of this rumour to me as if I were a simple blond girl  :) 

I do have some other tit-bits to share, but I will leave those for later this afternoon.

• Oui, nous pouvons !

I have added a little poll to the topic ;)

Should Francoise tell what she knows of the challenger?

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
This doesn't make much sense to me so I'd like the forum's resident wifi experts to explain the political pros and cons of this rumour to me as if I were a simple blond girl   

hmm hmm ............. Could you also do it as if I were a Complex blond girl !  ;D
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !
Bonjour  Francoise,

Comment allez vous?

Qui est le provocateur qui ose challenge Monsieur Le Bluh? il doit avoir de gros ballons.

(Merci Google Translate)
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Offline Bobby Bingo

Monsieur Bluh is a donkey or as the french would say "eee aaw eee aaw"
Tricky Ricki offers the carrots and Donkey Bluh can't wait to eat them.
Bobby

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
I have also been told that there is chatter in the members room of a deal being struck between Roddy Bluh and Dezzy Montaut about referring the wifi deal to an external investigator.  This doesn't make much sense to me so I'd like the forum's resident wifi experts to explain the political pros and cons of this rumour to me as if I were a simple blond girl  :) 

I don't know anything about a deal, but I have noticed a motion, proposed by Mr Montaut and seconded by Mr Pajak, to next week's full council meeting aimed at referring the deal to external audit. It doesn't read like a Bluh-friendly motion.

I also notice that there's another motion that would restrict delegated decisions to £100,000 unless opposition party leaders were informed first.

If there is a deal, I wonder if it's to allow the latter motion through if the former is dropped. I can see no pros in such a deal between party leaders, only cons, especially so when Mr Bluh said he was willing to share information about the Wifasco, but in Mr Montaut's view bound it with so many restrictions as to make it pointless.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Bluh would rather risk the following than be 'judged' by full council. He's desperate to maintain the facade of having some control.

WiFi process critics vindicated - Rod Bluh has (very) reluctantly agreed to request that the Audit Commissionl investigation into WiFiasco.

The language he'll use will be very carefully chosen to make it sound as if it's his idea, but essentially, ever since Bluh  appointed Gary Perkins to the board of Digital City he's on the ropes politically, and now he knows it because he's just learned that Cllr Perkins is the main proposer/sponsor of the challenger to Bluh's leadership.

Looks like being an interesting weekend.

Offline Bobby Bingo

Shakespeare would have had a great time with this story or saga.
 It makes his play Julius Caesar seem like a fairy tale.
The Ides of March are only a month late but who cares as long as it happens.
Bobby

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
On Twitter now:

Quote from: Talkswindon
leadership challenge to Bluh: Swindon Tories in 2 camps -Those that know who, and those that don't but desperately want to ! *T-19*

Cllr Dickinson makes a wish for today: http://twitter.com/mjad/status/12276795408

• Oui, nous pouvons !

I think maybe this morning we reveal who wishes to replace Roderick Bluh, yes?  :)

Offline Ringer

Cllr Mallinson suddenly appeared on here in the last day or so,  is it possible he is involved? As a whip and chair of Health Scrutiny is he in a good position?  :popcorn:

To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Bobby Bingo

I was talking to a leading councillor yesterday and he informed me the Tories are hoping that Bluh loses his seat in Dorcan and this will save them the embarrassment of sacking him as leader.
Yes he said there will definitely a challenge to his leadership.
My money would be on Martin with Perkins running his campaign.
The Ides of May are fast approaching!
Bobby

Offline Chris Watts

• Hello !

I think maybe this morning we reveal who wishes to replace Roderick Bluh, yes?  :)

Oui, je suis intrigué.

(Prentenski? Me? Niet)
Small Print: Member of the Labour Party. GMB Accompanying Rep. IT consultant on sabatical.  Postings may contain political bias. If you have an adverse reaction please desist from reading. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

• Oui, nous pouvons !

Councillor Roderick Bluh

Under Audit Commission investigation for his alleged misuse of decision making powers.

Under intense public scrutiny for his decision to lend £450,000 of public money to WiFi scheme which is mired in controversy.

under challenge for the leadership of the council & Conservative Group by Councillor Nick Martin

Under challenge from Labours Sarah Bush in the local elections on May 6th 2010 for the seat in Dorcan Ward.   

Vs          Vs   

Can he survive the week ?   :popcorn:

Offline Muggins

And for those who have never met her, Sarah Bush is an excellent candidate for a councillor. and should give Rod a run for his money.

SHE's behind you, Rod
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Jenni Miles

• Swindon Greens
From what I can tell through door-knocking in Dorcan, Rod is very unpopular there.
Jenni Miles Green Party Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Swindon, South. *Link Removed* *Link Removed* htt

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

From what I can tell through door-knocking in Dorcan, Rod is very unpopular there.

He's not Mr Popular in the ward he lives in either  :)

Offline Trollee

• Hello !
the problem will resolve itself then

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
I like to think of all the non-tory Dorcan canvassing as antibiotics flowing through a gangrenous limb.

If the antibiotics don't work, there's always the surgeons knife - and that would be Cllr Martins leadership challenge.

Offline Ringer

10th May is approaching fast unless Sarah Bush can do the decent thing in Dorcan and decapitate the Bluhtocracy 4 days before? Saving Tory bloodletting and acrimony  :coffee:
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print