Poll

Has WIFI damaged Robert and Justin's chances at the general election?

Yes, I was going to vote conservative, but now I will vote for someone else
10 (33.3%)
I'm still undecided and WIFI has no bearing on how I will vote
0 (0%)
No, I still intend to vote conservative
6 (20%)
I'm still undecided and WIFI will have a bearing on how I will vote
2 (6.7%)
No, I never intended to vote conservative and still don't
8 (26.7%)
Yes, I was considering voting for someone else but will now vote conservative
1 (3.3%)
I don't know
1 (3.3%)
I have no interest in WIFI one way or another
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: May 08, 2010, 10:41:18 PM

Author Topic: Has WIFI damaged Robert and Justin's chances at the general election?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
I thought it would be interesting to see if the recent concerns raised by councillors and members of the public surrounding the decision making process followed by the conservative controlled council has had an effect Robert Buckland's and Justin Tomlinson's chances of getting elected on May 6th.

There have been a number of comments on here that they have both been quiet and this issue.  This could be for many reasons and those reasons may differ for Robert and for Justin, however their silence does cause people to draw their own conclusions so I thought it would be worth seeing whether it has affected anyone's voting intentions.

You can change your position at any time.

I think I've pretty much covered all the options, but if you think of others please let me know and I will add them.

As with all polls, the responses given are anonymous and the poll is entirely optional so there's no need to write whiny comments about this being a breach of privacy  :)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Re: Has WIFI damaged Robert and Justin's chances at the general election?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:43:08 PM »

As with all polls, the responses given are anonymous and the poll is entirely optional so there's no need to write whiny comments about this being a breach of privacy  :)

Aha!, that won't stop me from telling all and sundry why I will/will not vote for various candidates  :)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:55:37 PM »

Oh yeah, this poll seems like a good opportunity to ask these two questions. 

1. Who said:

I suggest that when Rod Bluh decided to use his 'special powers' as leader to unilaterally entangle the council in commercial speculation, I believe he committed an act of such utter political stupidity that Michael Wills and Anne Snelgrove must have thought all their birthdays had come early.  Rod had, almost single handedly, given them the perfect opportunity and excuse to fight the general election campaigns for both Swindon constituencies on local issues.

2. And when was it said?

Offline Steve Wakefield

Re: Victor Argarwal's chances of election?
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 10:17:56 AM »
From what I can determine Victor Agarwal is fighting the election on national issues and it appears that local candidates are concentrating on the  local issues such as Enterprise Works, Continuing Threat To D-A-R, Wi-fi, efficiency savings in social care budget etc. Still it's Victor's Campaign  and his agent cllr Kevin Small.  Justin being local probably thinks he has the advantage over him on local issues?

Nationally Cameron has still not said anything about what he will or will not do nationally, except cuts and putting up pension ages, cutting out child tax funds, and cutting child tax credits unless I am missing something?

Robert and Justin are fighting on local issues it is clear look at their literature they have tied themselves to the local tory council record. I have a 16 page Manifesto from them the front bit of it is all local issues and glossy photographs and at the back a bit of boring writing that says nothing, but hints at national issues. Or have I read it wrong? It has their photos on the back page and a sprinkling of them throughout it. What do others thinK?

Victor being Labour has to lose the advantage as it is a Labour seat. Maybe Justin has been clever as he keep his campaign on national issues look at his webchat and listen to him on the radio and it appears that he makes out that Victor is running after him.

Has cllr Des Moffatt and other councillors in the North as  Baldrick says I have a cunning plan?

Oh perhaps it is Monty and the team fight the local and Victor fights the general?

The Tories have a united plan to fight on a local Conservative  record, and if they believe they can win the North maybe they will switch resources South? This until now has been the strategy look at the 16 page manifesto, it has more tentacles across Swindon than a giant squid , however the talkswindon Nautilus has surfaced and along with ordinary members of the public is busily harpooing  and hacking at its wi-fi tentacles.

By the way I cannot find mention of the wi-fi in any conservative literature I have seen, has anyone else? It is exciting vibrant and innovative. I wonder if  Cllr Mark Edwards will be disappointed that it is not mentioned in conservative literature?

All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline daproofreader

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 10:30:59 AM »
Anyone for WiFi cake ?

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »
No thanks it may leave a lingering aftertaste and possibly the list of ingredients will contain to many errors  to make it wholesome? :2funny:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Steve Wakefield

Oh yeah, this poll seems like a good opportunity to ask these two questions. 

1. Who said:

I suggest that when Rod Bluh decided to use his 'special powers' as leader to unilaterally entangle the council in commercial speculation, I believe he committed an act of such utter political stupidity that Michael Wills and Anne Snelgrove must have thought all their birthdays had come early.  Rod had, almost single handedly, given them the perfect opportunity and excuse to fight the general election campaigns for both Swindon constituencies on local issues.

2. And when was it said?

Can anyone still hear the singing? I am sure that this is not over and with a likely elction/ConLibdem deal in the offing it will add a new aspect to this. Cllr Andy Harrison has made his views known on the Penhill Question time tape Libdems did well in South Swindon. I think there is still life in this and did it make a differnce it depends which election you are on about AliG 2010 or?  :popcorn: