Author Topic: Statement of the persons nominated for election as a Borough Councillor for Cen  (Read 10875 times)

Offline Bobby Bingo

Matthew ? Yes  Matthew Pearce V.A.S.!!!!!!
Bobby

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
Matthew ? Yes  Matthew Pearce V.A.S.!!!!!!

Doesn't sound likely to me.

I was thinking of a different chap.

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

Does it matter who 'Labour Supporter' is or isn't ?

Never really understood the fascination with 'guessing the pseudonyms'. 

Offline DaveWood

::)

Because I thought it was a mate of mine.

Offline Bobby Bingo

Good Dave If you think it is a mate of yours that narrows the field down to three!
Bobby

Offline DaveWood

Good Dave If you think it is a mate of yours that narrows the field down to three!

You mean two, surely? ;-)

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
Cllr Wright Works So hard for central and has done for a long time. Central are pleased with what he has done. He will have a big majority!!!
And since when have you had the authority to speak for all voters of Central ward? He may do more than some of his colleagues - Mr Ali has been noticeable by his absence for most of the last two years - but that doesn't necessarily mean that 'Central are pleased with what he has done.'
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

HisLordship.

Cllr Wright Works So hard for central and has done for a long time. Central are pleased with what he has done. He will have a big majority!!!
And since when have you had the authority to speak for all voters of Central ward? He may do more than some of his colleagues - Mr Ali has been noticeable by his absence for most of the last two years - but that doesn't necessarily mean that 'Central are pleased with what he has done.'
Cllr Wright, Does Work hard for central !!!

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
Personally I hope that Councillor Wright doesn't have a big majority.  At the level of individual councillor neither large majorities or small majorities  change the outcome of the election, there can only be one winner of the seat.  If anything large majorities only serve to boost the ego of the councillor which in turn then tends to breed arrogance and complacency.  Sadly a small majority doesn't seem to engender a recognition in any councillor that they have to work even harder to carry their constituents with them throughout their term in office.  That's not to say that I don't think Wright's got a strong chance, as I've already said on this thread, he's probably the strongest candidate.

As for the blues, I genuinely think that Kevin leakey has made a huge error of judgement by standing with them.  His credibility will be harmed by both his interview on Swindon Viewpoint which was reminiscent of a creature comfort interview and his local leaflet which was clearly written by some strategist who needs to ensure that all candidates remain 'on message' and who has probably never set foot in the residential areas of the ward. 

As far as I can see this is all one way traffic, the tories have a huge amount to gain and Kevin provides them with a huge dose of undeserved credibility.  I do wonder how Kevin will feel if Robert Buckland doesn't win on Thursday and buggars off back to Wales.  If he does, that leaves Kevin to pick up the pieces of his credibility following a campaign full of 'off the shelf' bland and tribally sycophantic comments, which, as has been highlighted, already contradict with what he has said on here previously.

I did ask Kevin about his decision when I saw him at the question time event and rather bizarely he seemed to suggest that anyone questioning his decision to stand as a blue was effectively questioning whether he's done anything for his community.  A rather strange conclusion in my view, expecially if he's read this thread, which I'm pretty sure he had.

His Lordship/Labour Supporter - I'm assuming you are one and the same, I agree with Komadori, you can't speak for the whole ward, it's probably best if you don't try.

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
Cllr Wright, Does Work hard for central !!!
Can you give any examples of his hard work? In the absence of evidence, I've no more reason to believe you on Mr Wright's record than I would someone coming on here just to tell us that Mr Bluh has been careful with our money.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

HisLordship.

Mr and Mr's Leaky have to be the most Rudest couple in Swindon!!!!!

Offline Muggins

That's not true nor fair! 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
The Mind is the only weapon you need!

Depending surely on the quality of the mind.
To which mind do you refer?

Offline Alligator

Mr and Mr's Leaky have to be the most Rudest couple in Swindon!!!!!

Can you elaborate on this?  This is far from my own experience of them.  I'm beginning to sense that you're some sort of Labour troll, hoping to twist the debate, and then the electorate, towards the labour candidate.  If that is your game, then you've picked the wrong forum, the members on here tend to deal in facts and substantiated claims and know a troll when they see one.

If you want to be taken seriosuly, perhaops you shoudl try and add some detail to support what you say, otherwise people will simply see you for what you are.

Offline Alligator

ZPW, I'm still waiting to see if you've taken me up on raising the stakes in our little bet  ;)

Sorry. Assumed it was clear that I'd take it wager.

£20 it is.

Hello Zippy, I think you owe me £20.  Do you want to send me a cheque or shall I send 'the boys' round to collect?    :)