Author Topic: Statement of the persons nominated for election as a Borough Councillor for Cen  (Read 12395 times)

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
I would have thought Robert Buckland would have needed every vote in Central and now with the onset of Cleggmania every possible vote squeezed out of Eastcott.  :popcorn:
Mr Buckland needs every possible vote throughout South Swindon, not just Central, and if that really was at the top of the local party's mind, they'd have chucked Mr Bluh overboard long ago. Mr Bluh has done more damage to Mr Buckland's chances of election than commandeering the reputation of the Leakeys will recover.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Ringer

Labour are out again in Central where are the Tories this morning probably in Lawns weighing in the tory votes? LibDems are probably weighing in their votes in their one enclave Esatcoot perhaps Robert should be there, or in Central?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline ZPW

• Bob Wright better do a stellar job
ZPW, I'm still waiting to see if you've taken me up on raising the stakes in our little bet  ;)

Sorry. Assumed it was clear that I'd take it wager.

£20 it is.

Offline Muggins

I heard a whisper today that maybe the Tory MP candidates are not bothering to canvas in areas where they are unlikely to get many voters out.  Now that may be fair enough,  but is that going to be their attitude if they do get in? i.e. only bother with those who voted for them?  Oh dear!! 
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline komadori

I heard a whisper today that maybe the Tory MP candidates are not bothering to canvas in areas where they are unlikely to get many voters out.
As far as I'm aware, concentrating effort where it's most likely to get votes is common to all parties. So far, I've received two Buckland leaflets, one Hooton leaflet, and zero Snelgrove leaflets. So seems your whisperers are illinformed.

Now that may be fair enough,  but is that going to be their attitude if they do get in? i.e. only bother with those who voted for them?  Oh dear!! 
Again, no more reason to conclude that about one party than any of the others.

Offline Mart

• Where's my cow?
Marketing tactics in politics.

The difference diminishes. Unsurprisingly.
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don’t know what your rights are, or who the person is you’re talking to. Then, on the way out, slam the door.

Offline Steve Wakefield

I heard a whisper today that maybe the Tory MP candidates are not bothering to canvas in areas where they are unlikely to get many voters out.
As far as I'm aware, concentrating effort where it's most likely to get votes is common to all parties. So far, I've received two Buckland leaflets, one Hooton leaflet, and zero Snelgrove leaflets. So seems your whisperers are illinformed.

Now that may be fair enough,  but is that going to be their attitude if they do get in? i.e. only bother with those who voted for them?  Oh dear!! 
Again, no more reason to conclude that about one party than any of the others.

Here I have been innudated with leaflets, maybe  its where you live? I have so far had:

1 LibDem, 3 Tory, 4 Labour, no Ukip, no green, 1 anti speed camera.
Anyone had any more?
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
I must admit that I'm losing track, however from memory I have had:

2 general leaflets from the blues, plus 2 specifically addressed to me
1 general leaflet from the reds, plus 2 specifically addressed to me, one House of Commons paper reminding me that she is/was my MP and that we have had dealings in the past.
1 specifically addressed one from the yellows

It seems that where feet on thr street are lacking, Royal mail are picking up the slack.  The blues appear to have my name wrong aswell as their mail uses my middle initial.

I've still seen nothing, absolutely NOTHING, from the local blues, but I have had 2 copies of the same leflest from Bob 'providing the Wright services for Central' Wright.

Offline komadori

For the local election, I've had the one Wright leaflet. That's it. No leaflets from any of the other candidates.

Here I have been innudated with leaflets, maybe  its where you live?
My street is frequently forgotten. From politicians to free newspapers, it's usually off their walking routes.

Offline komadori

Finally received one of Mr Leakey's leaflets through the door, along with a wee Buckland card, both deposited by a rather bedraggled youth.

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
Finally received one of Mr Leakey's leaflets through the door, along with a wee Buckland card, both deposited by a rather bedraggled youth.

I got one too today.

Offline Bobby Bingo

What a bloody insult. That bedraggled youth as you called him was Buckland
Bobby

Offline Steve Wakefield

Komadori pleased to see you are now getting leafletted only 6 days to go  :spin:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Karsten

• Politics is Bollock'tics
Re: Anyone had my leaflet? Karsten Evans Ind: ?Protest Vote
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »
Hi,

Wondered if people had received my 'Election communication' leaflet?
I know its just B&W but I not rich and possibily a lot poorer after this election..

Does anyone agree with me standing as a Protest Vote.. ?
It will give people the chance to vote 'None of the above'.

I think there should always be a "None of the above"  option/tick box.
That way more people would vote.

I've not had a single bad reaction to my term bollocktics.. but the BBC and radio definately get nervous.

I've had a decent day today.. Got to talk on swindon1055..   and even did a 3 minute TV interview minutes before at the STFC ground.  Think it was a BBC camera man.
You might have seen on the BBC Points West at 6pm they show Anne SnelGrove and Ed Milliband on the pitch then climbing up some stairs towards a door...
Little did they know I by chance was behind that door.. ( I was looking for administration, no one was around)

Ed and and his aide came through the door first.
"Hi!" said I.
I shook Ed's hand.. he does that power grip thing to assert his dominence. Then someone asked do you have a question..
and as I said "Oh yes Plenty!" Anne Snelgrove came down the stairs after Ed (boy can she scowl) and Ed's aides saw my T-Shirt with my version of "Never mind the Bollocks" poster image printed on it.

That's why the BBC report shows Ed Millband leaving in a hurry.. bit too afraid of a Joanna Lumley situation and having the BBC film me asking any Bollocktics questions...

The TV camera man was the same one that shot the 3 min interview about 45 mins before.
Haven't seen heard whether the BBC will use my short TV interview though.
Hope they do, but suppose they then have to show others independents and that would be biased...

Did anyone see Question time last night?
I thought that woman who asked something like "why do you all talk a lot of nonsense? You should remember you work for us!"
hit the nail on the head..  she definely, definately got the most applause ever
Just wish she'd read my leaflet and use load of Bollocks instead...

How many would love to have the chance to say that..?

Karsten

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse

If he looked like a middle-aged Harry Potter then it was definitely Robert  :)

Offline Simon

• Jnr. Jedi
    • Swindon Climate Action Network
Re: Anyone had my leaflet? Karsten Evans Ind: ?Protest Vote
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 10:23:20 PM »
Wondered if people had received my 'Election communication' leaflet?
I know its just B&W but I not rich and possibily a lot poorer after this election..

I haven't had one, although I understand how it is with independents and candidates for parties which don't have access to plentiful funding. But I've checked out your virtual leaflet.

Does anyone agree with me standing as a Protest Vote.. ?
It will give people the chance to vote 'None of the above'.

I think there should always be a "None of the above"  option/tick box.
That way more people would vote.

You can stand as whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. And I agree that there should be a "none of the above" option on the ballot paper.

Your strategy is most curious though. You present yourself as a protest vote, yet you seem to be quite well informed and to hold some strong opinions on various subjects (I know this because I saw you at the Ask the Climate Question event yesterday, and so can anyone else who watches the video clips). I expect my candidates for a protest vote to promote ludicrous policies (free bananas for all schoolchildren, or compulsory vest wearing for the over 50s, for example), so that it is clear to all and sundry that should I choose to vote for you as a protest, it really is a protest against all the other candidates, rather than a mandate for you to implement your policies.

Anyway, I don't think there's a need for a protest vote in Swindon South. If the only candidates standing were BNP and UKIP then there really would be a need.

But I don't need a protest vote at this election. I don't need to vote *against* because for once I've got something to vote *for* (isn't that so much better?). I'm voting for Jenni Miles in the parliamentary election, because I've known her for a few years and I know that she's determined to change things in the same sort of way that I want them to be changed.

I don't seem to be able to vote for you in the council elections. In fact, in F&GP ward it looks like we get to choose between Tory, Labour and Lib Dem. My vote is as yet undecided there, and none of the leaflets I have received to date have really influenced me.

(Apologies to any Central residents reading this who were expecting content relevant to the Central ward - please do answer his question about whether you've received his leaflet)
We are all in this together, but some of us are more in it than others (with apologies to George Orwell)

Offline concerned_of_Old_Town

Karsten - Yes i received your leaflet and must admit it amused me especially with the use of the B word and a copy of the petition.  I was also quite impressed that you personalised it with my name and address.

As Swindon South is a marginal seat i don't want to waste my vote.  If we had PR may be different.

Good luck

Offline Claire Ellis

I hope that's not my son you are talking about!  Don't mind so much if its me though!! ;D

Offline Labour Supporter

• We Love You Anne Snelgrove !!!
Cllr Wright Works So hard for central and has done for a long time. Central are pleased with what he has done. He will have a big majority!!!
Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed. Mao Tse-Tung Chinese Communist politician (1893 - 1976)

Offline DaveWood

• Swindon Liberal Democrats
Cllr Wright Works So hard for central and has done for a long time. Central are pleased with what he has done. He will have a big majority!!!

...Matthew?