Author Topic: The Candidates  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Geoff Reid

• Twitter: @Geoff_Reid
  • Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
The Candidates
« on: April 08, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »

BUSH Sarah Jean  The Labour Party Candidate   

HIETT Roger James     British National Party   

BLUH Roderick  Clifton Street, Swindon, SN1 3QA   The Conservative Party

HOOPER Clive   Liberal Democrat   

MILES David Christopher   2The Green Party   

SHEPPARD Bob      UK Independence Party   

Offline Bobby Bingo

Re: The Candidates
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 05:22:13 PM »
Looks like they are lining up against Teflon Bluh
Bobby

Offline Jenni Miles

• Swindon Greens
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:49:43 PM »
We couldn't help it, that man is everyones worst enemy right now - including his party's worst own!
Jenni Miles Green Party Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Swindon, South. *Link Removed* *Link Removed* htt

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:56:18 PM »

He's definitely earning the nickname his own tribe have given him.

Jonah.

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »
Whilst perusing the results from 2008, I came across this comment.
I don't think Rod Bloooooo has to much to worry about in 2 years.  He's likely to face re-election at the same time as the general election and the strength of the tory vote in Dorcan seems very strong, so unless there's a huge change in public opinion about Labour he should be ok. 

If anything, I just hope that this doesn't detract from his role as leader of the council and that the tory culture, which has been known to encompass infighting, back stabbing, bullying and hidden agendas, doesn't start to undermine a strong leadership.  No matter what the party, when in power it needs a strong leader.
It's a view I'd have shared back then. 'Tis amazing how things can change in a couple of years.
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 01:12:07 PM »
Some might say;  No not a couple its only one  ;)
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Muggins

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
s'funny how he's gone from hidden agenda's to hidden everything.
Oi! Listen mush. Old eyes, remember? I’ve been around the block a few times. More than a few. They’ve knocked down the blocks I’ve been around and rebuilt them as bigger blocks. Super blocks. And I’ve been round them as well.  The Doctor (Night Terrors)

Offline Bobby Bingo

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 06:05:56 PM »
""TORY COUNCIL BACKBENCHERS TAKE BOOKIES TO THE CLEANERS."
A syndicate of tory backbenchers had the winner of today's Grand National.
They were so used to hearing their Leader pleading with them with words of "Don't push it" they had to back the horse.
At least Bluh has done something right.
Bobby

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 11:29:48 AM »
Interesting quote from Rod last Thursday night @ Scrutiny.

'Mistakes do happen'

Interesting statement!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Steve Wakefield

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »
Interesting quote from Rod last Thursday night @ Scrutiny.

'Mistakes do happen'

Interesting statement!

I think he may have been talking about the mistakes in completing/submitting documents made by the only Director of Digital City (their responsibilty I believe?) and in Hansard in respect of Anne Snelgrove's inaccuracies and not about the decision by himself   the council to do the wi-fi project?  :popcorn:
All posts on this forum are my own opinion and do not represent the views of any council or any political party.  :banana:

Offline Richard Symonds

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 12:39:11 PM »
As I have said before Steve - 'Nice people to do business with'

with our money!
All my posts are my own opinion and do not represent any political organization or group

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
Death In Dorcan
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 06:47:19 PM »

Death In Dorcan

A Political Death....

What do we think will 'Do Bluh In' first - a leadership challenge, the electorate, or incapacitating levels of stress from the WiFiasco?

I can't see the Tory group putting up with Bluh's incompetence judgement-deficient leadership much longer.  It's getting progressively harder to bury the evidence of his constant financial mistakes and, with his constant WiFiasco litany of 'Not one Flaw', he really has earned the 'Comical Ali' Tag I gifted him last month.

Bluh is politically dead in the water I think, only remaining politically bouyant by a mixture of decomposition gases and the waning efforts of a shrinking number of Bluh loyalists, (Described by Gavin Jones as 'Various Cabinet Members), which is political code for 'three'.

My questions is therefore, who will be first to let the gas out to let it sink?

Offline Alligator

• Twitter - @Alliflowchart
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 07:21:22 PM »
Whilst perusing the results from 2008, I came across this comment.
I don't think Rod Bloooooo has to much to worry about in 2 years.  He's likely to face re-election at the same time as the general election and the strength of the tory vote in Dorcan seems very strong, so unless there's a huge change in public opinion about Labour he should be ok. 

If anything, I just hope that this doesn't detract from his role as leader of the council and that the tory culture, which has been known to encompass infighting, back stabbing, bullying and hidden agendas, doesn't start to undermine a strong leadership.  No matter what the party, when in power it needs a strong leader.
It's a view I'd have shared back then. 'Tis amazing how things can change in a couple of years.

Haha, it is indeed.    :)

The speed of someone's political career going down the toilet is quite astounding, it would be funny if it wasn't such a serious issue that has brought about this change in fortunes.   It also brings into question what 'strong leadership' should look like. Dorcan is definately one to watch this time round.

I was only saying to someone this morning that I never imagined that, this close to the election, I would have decided NOT to vote for the party that, for a long time, I thought I would be voting for.  Now I just need to decide which of the parties will get my vote.  Even Labour have a chance of getting my vote now, though sadly none of them really appeal and opting for 'none of the above' seems like a cop out.

Offline komadori

• komadori's green corner
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 09:29:08 PM »
I think Mr Bluh should consider the following:
[xquote]
Perception is reality in the eyes of the perceiver.
[/xquote]
And then ask himself whether his perception of the wifi deal is actually reality.

Those with idle curiosity might wish to try to find the earliest recorded user of that quotation on the internet. ;)
If something's worth doing it's worth doing in green. komadori's green c

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 10:10:46 AM »
[xquote]
[/xquote]
And then ask himself whether his perception of the wifi deal is actually reality.

Those with idle curiosity might wish to try to find the earliest recorded user of that quotation on the internet. ;)

Well me being inquisitive and all that - found this  ;D:

http://www.learning-tech.co.uk/Quote%20April%202001.html
Quote for April 2001

PERCEPTION
Once upon a time a snail was lying on its side in a hospital bed. Along came the doctor, who was a badger. The badger said, 'You don't look at all well. What happened to you?' The snail, rather woefully, relayed his story. 'It all began' he said 'when I was trying to cross a road. I remembered that I should look left and right and did so for two hours. During that time the coast was clear, so I set off. No sooner had I got on to the road when, out of nowhere, moving at tremendous speed comes this tortoise - and runs me over'
Our own perception may be that a tortoise is slow - but maybe that's not the case from the snail's-eye view!

"Perception is reality in the eyes of the perceiver"

Rikki Hunt
(from "Creating A Thinking Organization")

A bit weird aint it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even stranger :  http://www.learning-tech.co.uk/Book%20review%20-%20CATO.html
"Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects." -- Lester B. Pearson.

Offline Ringer

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 10:20:31 AM »
Is there a chapter in there on the importance of completing the paperwork correctly and submitting it to the correct bodies?
To qualify for inclusion there is only one rule - something described must have been said to have happened. `If the facts don`t fit the legend, print

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 10:24:42 AM »
Is there a chapter in there on the importance of completing the paperwork correctly and submitting it to the correct bodies?

I wouldn't know Ringer , I don't have the book, but I may well get it now as I am intrigued  ;)

Offline Chav

• INNIT!
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »

There is this:

http://www.learning-tech.co.uk/Quote%20Mar%202003.html
Quote for March 2003

The winning companies will be those
that mobilize the most brains.

Rikki Hunt

I am going to get the book - I am about to start another leadership course, so it will be interesting comparing styles and theories .

Offline daproofreader

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 10:45:47 AM »
[xquote]
[/xquote]

Well me being inquisitive and all that - found this  ;D:

http://www.learning-tech.co.uk/Quote%20April%202001.html
Quote for April 2001

PERCEPTION
Once upon a time a snail was lying on its side in a hospital bed. Along came the doctor, who was a badger. The badger said, 'You don't look at all well. What happened to you?' The snail, rather woefully, relayed his story. 'It all began' he said 'when I was trying to cross a road. I remembered that I should look left and right and did so for two hours. During that time the coast was clear, so I set off. No sooner had I got on to the road when, out of nowhere, moving at tremendous speed comes this tortoise - and runs me over'
Our own perception may be that a tortoise is slow - but maybe that's not the case from the snail's-eye view!

"Perception is reality in the eyes of the perceiver"

Rikki Hunt
(from "Creating A Thinking Organization")

A bit weird aint it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even stranger :  http://www.learning-tech.co.uk/Book%20review%20-%20CATO.html

And when asked if he could describe the tortoise...the snail replied " I don't think so...it all happened so fast"   boom boom    ;D

Offline Geoff Reid

• Active But Odd
  • Bald as a chimps arse
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 11:06:50 AM »
Be interesting to know what Mr Hunt 'thinks' about the 'organisation' he's got into the financial sack with. 

Probably be more interesting to learn whether he bothers following the same advice he sells to others.

What's evident is that precious little 'thinking' went on in the cabinet about WiFi, not really surprising when only 3 of them knew......